Forums

30y.o w/ Leukemia tests COVID19 + but leaves ressources to someone else

30y.o w/ Leukemia tests COVID19 + but leaves ressources to someone else

www.unilad.co.uk/life/leeds-man-with-leukaemia-dies-from-covid-19-after-...

Incredible to see this kind of gesture.
30 y.o. Battling cancer for 2 years, knew he would eventually die from his leukaemia but it takes courage to refuse respiratory support and accept a premature death after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

Ressources are finite and some people will pay the price for others, but when young patients take these kind of decisions for themselves, we wonder what will happen in all the hospitals requiring ventilators for 70+ years old when competing for the same limited ventilators. Hard choices to be made by medical staff, government ethicists or patients themselves?

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

Basic triage. It's good to give care givers an algorithm so it's by the book and no one has to feel they have to make that decision.

jimglas | 2020年3月31日

The BEST healthcare in the world!

rxlawdude | 2020年3月31日

This kind of story gives me no shortage of discussion topics in my bioethics course.

Frankly, I'd rather have slow news days again.

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

Women and children first.

https://youtu.be/1jzhLtt_pGQ?t=18

ezrondavid95 | 2020年4月2日

It's so good to see such gestures in a world at a time of crisis. People considering others' lives over theirs in the face of a severe pandemic shows humanity still exists in us. I hope this pandemic ends soon and the people infected recovers asap. https://www.handsomegroup.net

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

More spammers. Teslas policy of Owners only needs to be put in effect, kind of like a the "no travel" orders. It will get rid of 40% of the spam by non-owners.

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月2日

Including many MAGA hatters

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月2日

"Teslas policy of Owners only needs to be put in effect"

What policy? Posting thread is already limited. You are trying to suggest that the forums in its entirety is limited to verified owners?

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月2日

Yes. The forums should allow questions from prospective buyers. But we are being overwhelmed by non owners who troll spam the forums with stupid statements that are untreated to Tesla, negative towards Tesla bad are not very productive to the general fora

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

@andy.connor.e | April 2, 2020 You are trying to suggest that the forums in its entirety is limited to verified owners?"

Correct. I think that was Tesla's intent when it changed to "Owners Only" and many depositors only were bounced. Fair enough.

As we see from your spamming the forums with personal insults, witless one liners, trying to delete owner posts, posts based pm no experience or ownership, having non-owners posting or commenting has been a problem for Tesla Forums.

it is the Tesla Owners forums. There are plenty of Tesla public forums available. Tesla owners forums should be owners only.

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

Now back on topic. Triaging limited supplies as the Trump Pandemic peaks over the next 2-3 weeks.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

If you have been following the data you will see the peak keeps increasing and moving further into the future.

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

The hospital bed and ICU bed shortage numbers are also increasing.

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

So how do we triage who gets a bed, a ventilator?

"At the Top of the Covid-19 Curve, How Do Hospitals Decide Who Gets Treatment?

Guidelines that could determine which coronavirus patients get prioritized for lifesaving care vary by state, involving factors such as age, health problems, pregnancy and cognitive abilities."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/us/coronavirus-covid-triage-rationing...

"I think that was Tesla's intent when it changed to "Owners Only""

Ya thats only what you think.

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月2日

@Andy. What benefit do you bring to these forums as a non owner

Lets play that game. What benefit do you bring to General that relates to Tesla?

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月2日

No lets not play the MAGA hatter game. You go first.

cant see because my maga hat is covering my eyes.

jimglas | 2020年4月2日

dam MAGAts

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

@ jimglas | April 2, 2020 dam MAGAts

We have a winner.

lol. sounds like maggots

FISHEV | 2020年4月2日

Trump's Maggats, feasting on the flesh of a dying presidency. Mabye Covid-19 was sent to sent us free from worshipers of the Golden Calf?

Orthopod | 2020年4月2日

Why are you even coming on Tesla forums Andy?
I have 420 shares
I have a Model 3
I have a preordered on 7 seater Model Y
I have a Cybertruck reservation

What makes you come visit Tesla forums?

What brings me to Tesla forums? 4 years ago wanting to talk to people about Tesla, because no one else in my life cares to.

I have a Solar Roof pending installation date
I have a Cybertruck reservation

Is there anything else you require for me to justify why im here?

Orthopod | 2020年4月2日

Nobody wanted to talk to you?
There might be an underlying reason.

haha nice one