Forums

Will TM listen to customers ?

Will TM listen to customers ?

Due to the fact that the final design is not written in concrete, yet...

yongliangzhu68 | 2016年4月11日

Only if you are Scandinavian and want a hatchback. Other than that you are out of luck. :)

FREE ENERGY | 2016年4月11日

What ?

TeslaTap.com | 2016年4月11日

I'm sure they will listen - what they will do given all the contrary input is another thing - "Must have a trunk... useless without a hatch..." and so on. With over 300,000 orders for the current design, I don't expect a lot of changes as it validates the design they presented. Perhaps after 500,000 or so are delivered they may create other designs.

malcolm.hall1932 | 2016年4月11日

TeslaTap: You are 100% right. The OP is nothing if not persistent (although always polite). I've lost count of his threads and hijacked threads on this same topic. He doesn't get it that 300,000 people want a high quality M3 as fast as possible. That isn't commensurate with a redesign at this stage. Patience OP, you'll get your wish down the road.

@malcolm.hall1932:...and the Ø ask "What" to my response as if my sarcasm wasn't obvios. :) Ø, not meaning to be rude or tollish but you are beating the dead horse to death, :)

sp_tesla | 2016年4月11日

Listening is just the first step, I rather have CEO genius engineer accommodate.

carlk | 2016年4月11日

@wj

;-)

Roamer@AZ USA | 2016年4月11日

They listen quite well. That doesn't mean they change plans just that they listen.

@Roamer@AZ USA: 100% agree, but they must listen to their engineers and most importantly to the 350,000 people who expect the car they were shown in the time frame they were told.

bj | 2016年4月11日

@ Ø - just wondering, have you cancelled your reservation yet? Model 3 won't be a hatch. End of. You are flogging a dead horse. Graciously accept it and move on, because this is getting more than a little tiresome.

deeageux | 2016年4月11日

I want a 7/8 scale Model S P100DL with 100% of the interior volume and standard supercharger access for $35k. In Plumb Crazy with Super White Interior.

Will Tesla listen?

jordanrichard | 2016年4月11日

Structurally, the M≡ is most likely going to be what you see now. The only things that will/can be changed relatively quick and cheaply are the plastic bits.

casun | 2016年4月11日

yes they are going to listen to the 350,000 that have said "i want that"

J.T. | 2016年4月11日
Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月11日

Someone told them they should have adjustable height shoulder straps for their seat belts. The Model X and Model ☰ both have them.

Someone told them they should have lighted vanity mirrors on their sun visors. The Model X has them, and Model ☰ probably does too.

Someone told them they should have better ventilation for rear seat occupants. The Model X and Model ☰ both feature prominent venting in the rear.

Someone told them they wanted covered storage and more useful cup holders. The Model X and Model ☰ appear to fulfill those wishes.

Someone told them they would really like to see grab bars and coat hooks... Those people have been thoroughly ignored and should look into finding a nice Lincoln or Cadillac.

J.T. | 2016年4月11日

@Red Sage No one had to tell them any of that stuff. They have all owned cars before they worked for Tesla.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月11日

J.T.: Heh. The hundreds of threads in the Model S forum where people told them all those things should probably be deleted then. Especially the ones that accuse Tesla Motors' staff of being all sub-25-year-olds who feel no sympathy for the needs of an aging populations. ;-)

Tropopause | 2016年4月11日

Oh God, I'm craving a cigar!

KP in NPT | 2016年4月11日

At this point I hope they keep it a notch just to spite you.

brian | 2016年4月11日

I imagine some parts of the design can still be changed. Just as there will be some parts that cannot be changed (e.g. hatchback seems very unlikely). So give Telsa the feedback, however don't have any expectations what might or might not happen as a result of this feedback.

I think the Model 3 should incorporate time travel. If a DeLorean can do it, why can't we have a good clean efficient car for time travel? How can I get Tesla to listen?

FREE ENERGY | 2016年4月12日

Regrading customer care, TM are the very best in class!!! Elon is, as some may know, is on a constant search for so-called "fixers", which is the heart and soul regarding the trade of quality assurance > "continuous improvement process". With this in mind, surely TM will actively listen to all customers !

dsvick | 2016年4月12日

I'm sure they heard you, in fact they probably read these threads daily. There are several threads out there about how horrible the car is without a hatch, there are also several hundred-thousand other people out there who have said "It looks great, I want one, here's my $1,000"

Elon has already said that there will not be a hatch this time around. Sure that could change but then there'd be several threads from people that don't want a hatch. They can't make everyone happy, they know that. That's why car makers have different models and different versions of the same model. If you don't like it cancel your reservation and wait for the Y to be announced.

Not only are you beating a dead horse but the stick you're beating it with is broken.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月12日

dsvick noted, "Not only are you beating a dead horse but the stick you're beating it with is broken."

+42! ~*giggle*~

sp_tesla | 2016年4月12日

Red Sage ca us | April 12, 2016

+1 for great picture.

georgehawley.fl.us | 2016年4月12日

Note: no cows were injured in any way in the foregoing post.

yongliangzhu68 | 2016年4月12日

@georgehawley.fl.us: I had beef for lunch so I know somewhere at some time a cow was 'taken down'. :)

dsvick | 2016年4月12日

@Red Sage +1

Why does that look like a movie I've seen ....

FREE ENERGY | 2016年4月12日

I will, and have never been rude, to anyone, never, its not part of my nature, in here I really cant see any reasons to kick asses. As an engineer, and expert in dealing with aluminum as base material, a fixer if you like, an industrial designer, black belt in every aspect of quality management. Simply I´m in a position to argue for a better design.

I´m waiting for Part 2...

J.T. | 2016年4月12日

When you say "better" better for whom?

dsvick | 2016年4月12日

Like J.T. said, better for whom?

"Better" as you wrote it, is completely subjective, in this case it is "better" for you. Apparently the decision made by Tesla, after all of their engineers and experts weighed in, was that the current design was "better" for them at this point in time.

It's been made abundantly clear to them, in a variety of threads, that there are people out there that want a hatch back. It's not that they aren't listening or that they don't care, they are and they do. It comes down to what they can do and when they can do and what makes the most sense from a business and production standpoint.

You can't sit where ever you are, not having been part of the decision making process that went into the current design and tell them what you want is "better".

Frank99 | 2016年4月12日

>>> to argue for a better design

I don't want a hatchback, nor need one. I love the current look of the car (well, except for the snout). In my world, you are arguing for, at best, a different car, and at worst a worse design for me. Seems to me like someone with your credentials would recognize that trunk vs. hatchback, sedan vs. pickup, roadster vs. luxo-cruiser, are both personal preference as well as utility decisions, and not "better" or "worse" decisions.

karabisen | 2016年4月12日

I have found Tesla customer support very helpful. They have responded to emails promptly, with proper checks done. They have not only sent email responses regarding my queries as to reservation numbers etc. but also called me and left messages detailing their answers when I missed their call. The representative who called me with the answers left his name as Peter, He was specific in what he said and was very polite, said thank you for the reservation and was gracious enough to mention "looking forward for further contact soon in the journey". Given their current extreme overload, I am truly overwhelmed by the support of the Tesla stuff.
Thank you Tesla for being one of the nicest customer friendly businesses. I am sorry if some customers did not have a happy experience, but I am sure there was sufficient reason behind the how the situation turned out on that particular day and time and that the problem brought up will be resolved. If we can treat the customer service people with the proper respect they deserve, I am sure they will be eager to give us their best.

mos6507 | 2016年4月12日

They can afford to spoil people early on because the vehicles they sell are so high-end and they need to make evangelists out of early-adopters. I'd be surprised if the pampering didn't taper off once there are hundreds of thousands of everyday owners.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月13日

karabisen: +1! Thank you. It's been some time since I saw a reply of that sort here. It seems that lately there are more complainers than promoters. It takes a lot of effort to make every Customer feel as if you are either their most important Customer, or their only Customer.

mos6507: No. The intent is to offer the same level of service to everyone, anywhere, anytime. The reality of our world is that sometimes mistakes will be made or that priorities will shift. When that happens, apologies will be made. Of course, some are more interested in complaining than allowing solutions to be offered or implemented.

karabisen | 2016年4月13日

Red Sage ca us Thank you for your perceptions. The maturity of your judgment befits your screen name of Red Sage. I particularly like your viewpoint of "allowing solutions to be offered or implemented". That is truly one of the greatest obstacles in the path of resolution of issues.
Tesla took the time in spite of knowing I am not an MS or MX owner.

karabisen | 2016年4月13日

Red Sage I mean not allowing solutions to be offered or implemented is the greatest obstacle to resolution of issues.

mos6507 | 2016年4月13日

"The intent is to offer the same level of service to everyone, anywhere, anytime."

Sure, I know the intent is there. But economic reality is likely to trump it. At some point Tesla must pivot over from burning through cash to breaking even and making a profit. Good customer service requires people, and people are overhead. They can service a small clientele but the more Tesla owners that aren't contributing as much to Tesla's bottom-line, the harder it will be for them to provide one-on-one touchy-feely support.

I'm sorry to strike a cynical tone here, and I don't think things are going to change immediately, but I just don't see how Tesla can afford to maintain its CS reputation indefinitely. Maybe they'd have to start charging extra for the privilege (ala AppleCare).

jordanrichard | 2016年4月13日

mos6507, Tesla is only burning through cash for the sake of developing/building the Model 3 and gigafactory. Do you think for even the slightest moment that Ford has always been flush with cash, making a profit at every turn from the beginning?

mos6507 | 2016年4月13日

"Tesla is only burning through cash for the sake of developing/building the Model 3 and gigafactory."

They're also on a hiring spree. Manpower is a big component of any company's overhead. And good customer service costs money, which is why, more often than not, if you look for customer service you wind up talking to automated bots.

The stories of Tesla swapping out a large percentage (recall-grade) amount of motors left and right are a good case in point. Defects in early vehicles may not cost owners money, but they cost TESLA money to have to keep replacing bad parts. So Tesla can maintain good customer satisfaction, but the reliability issues erode their ability to make a profit.

You see what I mean? Tesla shields the consumer from its rough edges, but the bottom line is it digs a deeper hole in its bottom line. Sooner or later it needs to find a way to pull itself out again. That's why I think it's unrealistic to expect AAA service and support to continue indefinitely. Eventually they will need to cut corners and pass along more and more of the operating costs to consumers.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月13日

It may be less expensive to have poor Customer Service but it is not necessarily something you can afford. In the end, it always is less costly to maintain a superb reputation for excellent Customer Service. That brings in more Customers, and keeps the ones you already have.

Funds spent to invest in growth do not qualify as 'burn' in my opinion. Stacking cash to the ceiling and beyond serves no useful purpose. It is better to use money as a tool of progress toward completing a stated mission.

Employing people is a good idea. It leads to good will in the community, your State, and the Nation as a whole. The trick is hiring the RIGHT people. It is a good thing that Tesla Motors has a firm [NO ICEHOLES] hiring policy.

mos6507 | 2016年4月13日

"Stacking cash to the ceiling and beyond serves no useful purpose. It is better to use money as a tool of progress toward completing a stated mission."

Which is why some people want Apple and Tesla to come together somehow. Apple is hoarding money and Apple could use Tesla's brain-trust.

sp_tesla | 2016年4月13日

mos6507 | April 13, 2016
"Tesla's brain-trust."

90%+ belong to CEO genius engineer.

bcld | 2016年4月14日

Love Tesla, own their stock and hope they thrive. That being said I don't think many people are involved in the overall design of the major features in the vehicle. For example I don't think there are thousands of people begging Tesla to make Falcom wing doors. In fact we're now starting to see drawbacks with that door design in youtube video. I "do" think thousand of people begged Tesla to have a folding down second row seat in the X. Lastly with the X, youtube videos are showing owners having to jerry-rig foil, sun-visors, foam etc over their heads because the sun is too bright and hot over their head with the extended windscreen.

I bought two Model Ss and loved them both. Good simple clean functional design. If they follow that strategy, then Model 3 will be hailed as the car of the century.

I believe Tesla has learned from their mistakes with the Model X, but I don't think they have changed "listening" to what people want. If they were, they would offer the Model 3 in a hatchback version.

FREE ENERGY | 2016年4月14日

A door "better" for "dogs and cats", sort of hehehe...

TeslaTap.com | 2016年4月14日

Look at all the companies that design products by committee and focus groups. While some can produce a good product, most produce an average product at best. Trying to please everyone with a single product is often a terrible idea and the more people that are involved the more average the results.

Having a few visionaries can lead to wonderful products like those Tesla produces. I hope Tesla don't listen too much to the cries that every car must have a coat hook or other useless do-dads. Never used or needed a coat hook and it's just adds to the unnecessary junk scattered all over most cars. Now I understand how some people feel that something they want that is not on a Tesla is the end of the world, but there are plenty of other vehicles that may have all the crap attachments they want. Nothing wrong for asking for something you want, but Tesla seems to have a great knack for producing products more people want then they can make.

You can find lots of vehicles on dealer lots that are hoping to find a buyer that has all the junk anyone could want. Make you wonder what the other car makers are thinking. It would be funny if they start removing all the added crap stuck all over the interior in an attempt to catch up with Tesla!

sp_tesla | 2016年4月14日

TeslaTap.com | April 14, 2016
"I hope Tesla don't listen too much to the cries that every car must have a coat hook or other useless do-dads. "

Very poor post, not addressing the following very real vital annoying major design failure issues:

" I "do" think thousand of people begged Tesla to have a folding down second row seat in the X. Lastly with the X, youtube videos are showing owners having to jerry-rig foil, sun-visors, foam etc over their heads because the sun is too bright and hot over their head with the extended windscreen."

finman100 | 2016年4月14日

okay, I gave it the ol' college try, spent an entire 2 minutes searching both google and you-tube and did not find any of the jerry-rigging tin foil Model X windscreen videos. Sorry, apparently my kung-fu is not strong. please post links. Thank you.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月14日

One thing I learned in the architecture business: People are seriously lacking in creativity. Oh, sure... They'll hire someone who has a reputation for cutting edge design... Tell them that anything they do will be just fine... But then, they keep making revisions, one after the other, so that in the end...? Only a shadow of the original design is left in the facade, and the rest of the place is a box.

If Tesla Motors were to listen to what Customers say about design, they'd end up with something that looked like a combination of a Vanagon, Previa, and an Aztek.

sp_tesla | 2016年4月14日

Red Sage ca us | April 14, 2016

Post not addressing the following very real vital annoying major design failure issues:

" I "do" think thousand of people begged Tesla to have a folding down second row seat in the X. Lastly with the X, youtube videos are showing owners having to jerry-rig foil, sun-visors, foam etc over their heads because the sun is too bright and hot over their head with the extended windscreen."

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月15日

Ample Warning Notice: sp_tesla does not value the opinions of geniuses, artists, engineers, architects, or in fact anyone at all that has a creative nature.

Pages