Forums

Reservation effective date

Reservation effective date

According to the M3 Reservation Terms and Conditions:

2. Effective Date
Your Reservation becomes effective when (1) you place your Reservation and (2) we receive your Reservation Payment.

I reserved my M3 on 3-31-16 at around 7:50 pm. I got on the website at 7:30, but it wouldn't work for me for about 20 mins. Anyone else have that issue?

My real concern though is this: My bank says Tesla was notified of the charge on 3-31-16, but the amount didn't clear for whatever reason until 4-2-16! I'm not sure what took so long, but it appears I will fall in line with those that reserved on 4-2-16. Boo. I'm thinking it was an issue with being flagged as a possible fraudulent charge.

Anyone else have problems with the charge not showing up until days later?

dsvick | 2016年4月15日

My charge didn't post for a few days and my email took almost a week. However, the email did say my reservation date was the 31st. So, it looks like they are discounting differences in processing time which is only fair since no one should be penalized based what bank they use.

acuoio | 2016年4月15日

Your *place in line* is determined by when you register, not when you paid. Paying just enables your registration. If you are concerned, call them, give them your RN, and ask for the timestamp. It's what I did.

*Other factors determine when you actually get your car.

PhillyGal | 2016年4月15日

@acuoio - Excellent explanation and good note at the end.

Haggy | 2016年4月15日

You paid when you gave your credit card information. It's not relevant that they collected later.

jeffersonhunt | 2016年4月16日

I'm not so sure. Tesla's reservation terms and conditions page has this section in bold font regarding when the registration becomes effective: "(2) we receive your Reservation Payment." The bank was clear to me that they didn't receive payment until 4-2-16. Maybe I'll call Tesla to see when they got the money as acuoio suggested.

I find it confusing because like dsvick, my email said I was registered as of 3-31-16, so which is correct? I am anxious because 2 days difference could become several more months in waiting time.

dalesmith1962 | 2016年4月16日

@jeffersonhunt
I would assume that your position on the list would be determined by when you placed the reservation. It would remain inactive until payment is received. As long as payment is received within a week, your position on the list would remain unchanged. Since your bank would provide the payment within a week of reservation, I don't see this being a problem.

anthony_merriam | 2016年4月16日

I had problems processing my payment. It cost me at least an hour on 3/31--very disconcerting.