Forums

Disabled driver questions

Disabled driver questions

I have talked to car quys, called tesla support young man said post here.

I saw a video of model x. The drivers door opened and shut with push button, very nice and helpful. The trunk opened but didn't see shut.

Does anybody know the following?
1. Will model 3 have door and trunk opening and shutting capability by button?
2. Can screen be lowered about 10 inches?
3. Can seat be modified to move, maybe rotate?
4. Will safety be on par with model S? Safety is very important to me. The hybrid cars with one exception did not impress me. That car only because it had 7 airbags. I would prefer an ev. The safety margin and build of tesla seems to be what I am looking for, but there is no way I could afford the S or X.
5. List of above, tesla or other party does mods?

I have sat in model s. It was a little awkward, but not completely unworkable with some changes. Did not try ludicrous mode. That would probably hurt me.
Thanks in advance. Sorry if errors. Touchpad :/

yongliangzhu68 | 2016年4月18日

1) No
2) No
3) No for rotate and not likely for moved
4) Tesla is shooting for 5 star stay in all categories
5) Tesla likely want do mods

EDIT 4) should be 5 star safety ratings

Just to add less than 3% of all cars have a 5 star safety rating in all categories and Tesla is shooting 100% (MS, MX and M3).

EDIT (again) ;) 5) should be won't

Also on 3) my understanding of 'move' was to be moved beyond the normal seat adjustments moments. It will likely be manual seats in the base with 8 to 10 way power seats as an option.

Jacob1898 | 2016年4月18日

Haha, wj. You typing on keypad too? Back in the day we called them CAptains seats. That's really what I had in mind, sorry if obtuse.

Supraman | 2016年4月18日

wj - how can you be so definitive with your answer to 1)?

@ Superman; Can't remember the specific video but one of the engineer/drivers at the event stated that the production M3 would have the push to open door handles shown on the Red and Silver cars.

Also the M3 is in far too low of a price point to be offering such high end options as Self Presenting (auto) opening doors. You can't even get that on a top of the line MS and it's the BIGEST part of the $4500 Premium package on the MX.

Supraman | 2016年4月18日

I agree that it probably won't be an option. I'm just saying that we don't know for sure yet. Tesla developed the technology for the Model X, so they might want to recoup that development cost by offering it as an option wherever it's viable. I can easily see it appearing on the Model S in the near future.

@ Superman: Of course we know I don't know to say no as an absolute. However I know that I believe the answer to be no even if you believe you know differently. :)

"Hubris" While Musk would love to keep adding tech and features to the M3 (and it is fantastic that he is like that) Tesla can't afford to add or change anything that risks delaying the launch. Adding Self Presenting doors just MIGHT do that.

If they do happen it is more likely (IMO) to follow the MS scenario ( if they are added) and added later and/or mid cycle refresh.