Forums

Second car advice.

Second car advice.

Currently I own 2 vehicles a Prius and a Ford Edge. I have paid the 1 k for the deposit for the Model 3. I want to go eco all the way so I want a hybrid SUV for long distance traveling. Does anybody here have a hybrid SUV or crossover or recommend one? The Prius will be replaced by the Model 3 and I still want an SUV similar in size to the Rav 4 !

Red Sage ca us | 2017年2月6日

Most of us strongly suspect the Tesla Model Y will be an SUV built to compete with the RAV4, CR-V, ROGUE, and X3. No telling when it will actually be available though. There is the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, which was unexpectedly popular overseas, and that delayed its release in the U.S. It is still listed as an 'Upcoming Vehicle' on their website:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/outlander-phev/upcoming#vehicle-hero-area

Rocky_H | 2017年2月6日

Earlier Ford hybrids were using Toyota hybrid technology, which was really good. If you can find a Ford Escape Hybrid, that might be a pretty good one. Also, there are the Toyota Highlander Hybrid, and the equivalent Lexus 400h.

Jcastillo18 | 2017年2月6日

Ok thanks guys will look into those. I have also read that Kia has a new crossover SUV hybrid called Niro and has 49 mps. That is right up Prius mileage and it's the size of Rav 4

jefjes | 2017年2月6日

I believe that Nissan just came out with a 2017 Rogue hybrid this year that may work for you also. We have a 2016 but it's not a hybrid that gets pretty good MPG and performs great. We really like it and plan to use it in winter month's when the snow gets deep and we don't want our Model 3 in the elements :) Not sure of the specs on the hybrid Rogue since not shopping for one anymore.

JeffreyR | 2017年2月6日

@Red Sage wrote, "Most of us strongly suspect the Tesla Model Y will be an SUV built to compete with the RAV4, CR-V, ROGUE, and X3. No telling when it will actually be available though."

+1

Saw a video about Model X "competition" that included a few plugin hybrids w/ excellent MPG. I'll see if I can find it. Two I (kinda) remember were Volvo XC90 (sp?) and Mercedes-Benz GLE 500e.

Quinten | 2017年2月17日

Get a Rav 4 Hybrid??

Jaapsahib01 | 2017年2月17日

I am exactly same situation like you. After lots of research I found Honda Pilot 2016 onward models are excellent. Specially Pilot Touring and Elite have 9 speed V6.
If you want to save Honda Pilot 2017 EX-L auto sensing is the best, as they have car-play for video audio features on their LED display using android and apply play. They have brake assist, lane departure warning and other good safety stuff. It is a 6 speed V6. Regards, Gurmeet Hanjrah

Mike83 | 2017年2月18日

A CPO Model S is a bargain and carries more cargo than an SUV. You also get free supercharging and you don't have the hassles of servicing a gas engine in a hybrid(smog, catalytic conv., muffler, oil, radiator, etc.) Full EV is the best. Also the safest car made.