Forums

Fremont Factory Tour

Fremont Factory Tour

Hey everyone,

Planning a trip to California! First and hopefully not last time ever in my life.

I have a Model 3 on reservation, and was wondering if anyone is hearing about Model 3 reservation folks getting tours booked or not.

Thanks in advance!

TeslaTap.com | 2017年11月9日

Welcome to California! Right now Tesla only allows owners to get on the Tour. Even then they are booked weeks in advance. It's a great tour and after you get your 3, come on back for the tour. As an owner you're allowed one tour per year and can take 3 additional people with you.

sattanti | 2018年3月20日

Hi I own a model x and I am in Bay Area this week and would like to take a tour to show my son the factory

reed_lewis | 2018年3月21日

You need to send an email to: factorytours@teslamotors.com with the date(s) and time(s) and your info and they will take care of you.

christopherherr... | 2019年3月4日

I’m ordering mine then hopefully scheduling pickup of my vehicle at the end of a tour with zero miles from the factory. That will be a memorable experience.

Rumi11 | 2019年3月9日

I can't wait to do the tour. The "inside looks" I've seen are pretty enticing. Does amyone know how long the tour lasts?

EVRider | 2019年3月9日

When I received information about the tours, they said it was about 60 minutes. Here’s the information they sent in response to my e-mail (unfortunately, without the original formatting):

“Thank you for your interest in visiting the Tesla factory! My name is Jamie and I work here at Tesla’s Fremont Factory as the Tour Program Coordinator. Here is some information that will help guide you, please read carefully:

- We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, and 2pm, excluding major holidays
- Beginning in March 2019, our tour times will shift to 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 5pm
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult
- No infants or toddlers (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
- We allocate 4 seats per owner group, and the registered Tesla owner must be present with their guests on the tour
- We are able to allocate extra seats only if the entire tour party is the owners’ immediate nuclear family (registered owner, spouse, and children)
- We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
- We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
- Tesla owners may book one tour per calendar year”

TeslaTap.com | 2019年3月9日

@christopherherr - Congrats on your order. The factory tour well worth it!

All cars have a few miles on them (20 or so?), even when they offered direct at the factory pickup (I've bought two and picked up at the factory). They run cars on a test track as part of the final QA which adds miles. The paper work will even state something like a default 50 miles for new cars (even though it is less).

Tesla no longer has factory pickup, as there is a delivery center about 3 miles from the factory.

ninithaw | 2019年4月18日

iS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A TOUR ON 4/22/2019?

TeslaTap.com | 2019年4月18日

@ninithaw - No one here knows - you have to email Tesla (see above), but normally they are filled up for 2-3 weeks out. Occasionally someone drops out and they may fit one person in. Less likely for a group.

reed_lewis | 2019年4月19日

As to tours, you need to email factorytours@tesla.com with your name and VIN or reservation number.

As to mileage on the cars, in the old days the odometer was typically not hooked up until delivery to the customer so the odometer was zero miles. Now there is no way to drive the car without adding miles, and as TeslaTap says, they test drive every car to validate the build. They have a test track at the factory.

maungloo | 2019年5月17日

They denied me for now

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Factory Tours. We’re making improvements to our factory! Since the safety of our guests is our number one priority, we are currently unable to honor your request at this time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you’d like to be included on communication on when we will start accepting appointments, we’re happy to coordinate and add you to our email list for future news."

reed_lewis | 2019年5月18日

So it sounds like tours of off for now. That is too bad.

kccarsten | 2019年5月19日

Off for me too on June 7th. Came out soon after the expense cut email from Elon. Interesting coincidence.

kccarsten | 2019年5月26日

The tour is back on. They say they rerouted

ModelYMaven | 2019年5月27日

Great news! Our family was hoping to do a weekend trip up to Fremont later this Summer for a factory tour. I was hoping they still have the Model Y on display!

Tropopause | 2019年5月27日

I wonder what the changes were.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年5月27日

Went on tour last Friday. I've been on a number of tours over the years and it is constantly changing. They may close the tour for short periods to deal with major factory changes and creating a new route for the tram. Sometimes it's to add new items to the tour too such as when the Model 3 line opened. Year to year, I've never traveled the exact same route.