Forums

My (almost) missed Model 3 sighting

My (almost) missed Model 3 sighting

I'm a day one Model 3 reservation holder. Unfortunately my lease was up at the end of this month and it didn't look like I was going to be able to get the Model 3 by then so I started looking at a CPO Model S. I finally convinced my wife and we pulled the trigger in late January (2014 S 85). We picked it up on Wednesday and the delivery advisor walked us in past one other car to our new Model S. As we were talking I explained how we came to Tesla and that I had a Model 3 reservation. He turned around and pointed at the car that I had just blindly walked by and said "here's one"! I couldn't believe that I didn't even notice! Long story short, after we went through the orientation on our Model S, he let us check out the Model 3 (VIN 6xxx) and it looks and feels like a great car; he even let us sit in it. It's a whole different perspective looking out the windshield with only the center screen. While the Model 3 was always going to be my car, my wife instantly claimed it since she liked that it was a little smaller. So with any luck, in the next couple of months we'll be an all electric family. PS - We're loving the Model S!