Forums

Autopilot REFUND

Autopilot REFUND

You should think about it before you buy a Tesla, especially if you like their Autopilot feature. I can tell you it is not reliable nor safe to use at all. I had an accident while I was using the AutoPark where the car couldnt detect the wall on the right side and run over it. Got a big scratch, and Tesla of course wouldnt take responsible for that, they even told me, even if I or anyone in the car using that function and died, it wouldnt be their fault. And if I decided to sue them, well, they told me to go ahead with that because they have "4 billion dollars and thousand of lawyers to serve me", quoted from the Vancouver store manager TJ. What a wonderful customer service they have there. So I called the headquarter office, after few months talking, they agreed to refund me the money for the Autopilot option. So if you have the same problem with your Autopilot, you can ask them for refund if you dont want to use that function anymore.

lilbean | 2018年3月9日

Lucky you. The refused my refund request.

Triggerplz | 2018年3月9日

How much was refunded

peterlethbridge | 2018年3月9日

We knew we were buying into a feature that is going to get better over time.

TabascoGuy | 2018年3月9日

OP Unbelievable.

mathwhiz | 2018年3月9日

Excerpted from the owner's manual:

Warning: Autopark's performance depends on the ability of the ultrasonic sensors to determine the vehicle's proximity to curbs, objects, and other vehicles.

Warning: Never depend on Autopark to find a parking space that is legal, suitable, and safe. Autopark may not always detect objects in the parking space. Always perform visual checks to confirm that a parking space is appropriate and safe.

Warning: During the parking sequence, continually check your surroundings. Be prepared to apply the brakes to avoid vehicles, pedestrians, or objects.

Limitations: The curb is constructed of material other than stone, or the curb cannot be detected.

davhud62 | 2018年3月9日

I just turned in a Tesla Model X 100 that they let me test drive overnight. The car is amazing and the and the auto pilot worked great with a few exceptions. I went though construction areas and they put up wall barriers, I took over because auto pilot was getting close. But I love the feature and it is getting better all the time. Since this was my first time having the car overnight, I was extra careful. I have a model 3 on order, but I believe the x is what I will buy, loved driving it.

MelaniaFromBrentwood | 2018年3月9日

We had an AP2 crash into a concrete pillar adjacent to a parking spot after the car violently accelerated and turned into it before anyone could have reacted, back in the early AP2 days when the software was VERY buggy. Destroyed the front passenger quarter panel and side marker and some of the trim down below. Called roadside. Within 30 minutes they had remotely reviewed the car's logs, some of the camera images, accepted responsibility. Within 30 minutes of that (it was 10:30pm!) a flat bed came and took the car. The next morning, a P85D. 2 weeks later, got the car back. Tesla Legal and Regional Service agreed to free extended service (4 year) plus the 4 year maintenance plan, in addition to having covered the repairs. Good service. In our case, it was CLEAR CUT that a software bug in AP2 had done this and they were grateful that we reported it and no one was hurt.

Silver2K | 2018年3月9日

I got my feelings hurt a few times using autopilot and Tesla did nothing for me.

carlk | 2018年3月9日

It's nice for Tesla to give refund to a customer who does not know how to use a feature he bought. I have not heard another company that is willing to do this.

Tropopause | 2018年3月10日

I agree with Carlk.

SteveMost | 2018年3月10日

EAP is great. Just use it right.
@Silver2K - sorry about that, my only complaint is that sometimes the music when in AutoPilot is so great that I don’t want to get to my destination :)

Vawlkus | 2018年3月12日

Another troll.

I say to flag with you, and be on your way!

Silver2K | 2018年3月13日

You're going to poke someone's eye out, Vawlkus!

Vawlkus | 2018年3月14日

I’ll add it to my collection. }B)

Cuttin | 2018年3月14日

Yeah. Can't fix stupid!
Learn how to use technology.

I think tesla should give you a road test and not approve you to use eap if you don't pass.

Calk. Funny one!

Cuttin | 2018年3月14日

Oh forgot to.mention. Autopilot / eap is freaking awesome. I use it daily on both highway and most of the roads with lights. I'm totally more relaxed now and get more things done on my drive.

iTin | 2018年3月15日

Thanks for this great laugh. Can nto wait to get my MX100D with EAP - now even more. :)

acef | 2018年3月19日

I'm confused. I bought enhanced autopilot, but all I see available is Autosteer -- which frankly turns itself off without a lot of warning right before roads turn sharply
Am I doing something wrong?

Uncle Paul | 2018年3月20日

Auto pilot is being developed quickly. Additional features and capabilities being added all the time.

If you purchased enhanced autopilot your car came with all the hardware already installed. Tesla has stated that if additional equipment of faster computers are necessary for full auto pilot they will upgrade you at their cost.

As the software improves, and as regulators allow, additonal self driving capabilities will be added as stated in your agreement.

acef | 2018年3月21日

thanks. It just doesn't stop at stop signs like it does in the videos on the website.

jerryk | 2018年3月21日

From what I understand, stopping at stop signs, etc is part of the self drive. Which is the option you can buy in addition to Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP), but is not currently available and may not be for a while. Today, people say EAP does fine in highway (limited access) situations.

burdogg | 2018年3月21日

as stated acef - the video on the website is for full self driving only - it is NOT enhanced autopilot.

With that - Full Self Driving can be paid for, but is not available yet. Please go read up on the website about each option, what it does, and the specifics as far as FSD not available yet... :)

SteveMost | 2018年3月21日

Acef - please be safe and DON’T Drive a Tesla until you read more about it. Misunderstandings like “ doesn’t stop at stop signs” could get you squished. Be well...

Tropopause | 2018年3月21日

I just don't understand how some folks don't know the difference between EAP and FSD.

bitbased | 2019年3月18日

If you think of AP as "Lane Assist", and Auto Park as "Park Assist" as the Tesla manual directs you, you will not have any problems at all, and it will be a very enjoyable experience. If you think of AP as "FSD" and Auto Park as "Self Park" you will be very disappointed, and possibly very disjointed.

sphinx681 | 2019年9月8日

My purchase was by accident and they won’t give me a refund either....

Pritibhardwaj | 2019年11月18日

After the autopilot could not respond or did not respond to someone suddenly coming into the right lane where i was driving along on auto navigation looking forward with hand on the wheel, the car lurched, hit the vehicle in front which a huge amount of force, and then continued to go forward as if no impact happened. This isn't normal. I had the car for 1 week. I don't feel safe. Maybe it works for most, but I don't want this feature on the car and I will need to break the lease if I have to. Lucky nothing was in front of me, b/c maybe it wouldn't detect that either.

Before this, it appeared to be slowing down appropriately. There were a few times where I took over on the highway when it came too close for comfort near other cars or the concrete divider(had to kind jerk the steering off of autonav that was very apparent to other passengers and not sure if that's normal).

I didn't have the dash cam on as I didn't get to know that feature being I just began driving the car. I am hoping Tesla headquarters will refund me, after being traumatized. Lucky no one was seriously hurt.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年11月18日

@Pritibhardwaj - Sorry about the problem. Keep in mind AP is a driver assistance feature, and you're always responsible to take over if it does something wrong or it can't handle a situation. Sounds like the other vehicle may have quickly cut you off and may be responsible for the accident?

You always have the option of not using AP. I sort of doubt Tesla will remove/refund AP as it is now standard and included in the price of the car. It's not a separate line-item.

Pritibhardwaj | 2019年11月18日

@Tesla Tap.com

Yes, I understand that we are ultimately responsible. But it definitely should disengage after it's hit an object that is moving or otherwise. Not continue on going with force after it's hit something as if nothing happened! My understanding was that this was an added on feature and just got it Sept. 29th, 2019 and it was a significant increase to the price. I know this because the sales team told me, it was an option and autonavigation was not standard on standardplus models. Did that suddenly change?

TeslaTap.com | 2019年11月19日

I think you're confusing AP and FSD. FSD is an extra cost option for a feature that is to be released in the future, perhaps in late 2020. It does add some features today to the standard AP, such as Smart Summon and Navigate on Autopilot. Standard AP that comes with every car now and provides Autopilot driving assistance, which sounds like what you were using.

In can get confusing. I wrote this article that lays out all the features and differences between different AP related options: https://teslatap.com/articles/autopilot-processors-and-hardware-mcu-hw-d... It may help a bit.

I agree it would make sense to have AP disengage if the car is hit. I've never heard of that as a feature/function. I expect the driver should press on the brake, which instantly disengages AP and lets the driver take control.

It may be there are other conditions that could look like a hit that really are not, such as lightning strikes or a strong side wind gust. I've had a lane-splitting motorcyclist bash my side mirror once, and I'd expect AP to continue even though it was a physical shock. It's hard to compare situations angles and say what can be detected with 100% certainty today. That's why it's not FSD yet.

mahkayvon | 2019年11月19日

Hi everyone what s your opinion on just buying a car with Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability.
I have one with Enhance autopilot and I only use it in the freeway. I have never used summon or any other features.
Thanks!