Forums

Dashboard Black

Dashboard Black

Picked up my new X today (already have model S) drove it 6 miles and dashboard went black. Brought it back and they now need it for a week plus to fix, Car was an hour old! Said the new intel processors they just started using are too powerful for the firmware and software. Anyone else have this problem? What was the fix? Frustrating!!!

johnse | 2018年3月16日

Too powerful? I think not. Different speed of execution possibly uncovering some kind of race condition? Possibly.

alifaddis18 | 2018年3月16日

I picked mine up yesterday, and the same thing you described happened to me today with approximately 40 total miles. I called Roadside Assistance and they had be do several resets. None worked. She advised that they would tow me to my service center in the morning. But after I got off the phone I tried the final reset on my own two additional times, and on the final time it worked. You need four total fingers! But hold both thumbwheels on the steering wheel and the top buttons above the thumbwheels down all at the same time...for 45 seconds. The first two times only the center console restarted, but the dashboard remained black. The final time they all reset. And I drove to my son's basketball game, and it was all still fine after the game.

roaryw | 2018年3月17日

Had mine for a few days now .. no issues like that .. screen working great and fast

nennewfamily | 2018年3月17日

We had the same issue on our 12 hour old Tesla. We were able to drive it to service center even without the dashboard. It’s there right now.

Uncle Paul | 2018年3月17日

This ought to quiet down those posting how this new processor is going to devalue all the older Tesla.

bodhipooh | 2018年3月19日

Interesting issue, and concerning that there could be potential problems with the new chip. My X was supposed to be delivered this past Friday but the DS called on Thursday to let me know the delivery needed to be pushed back by one week. I was *really* hoping to get the new chip. Let's see what happens.

alifaddis18 | 2018年3月20日

They pushed a firmware update to my vehicle yesterday and said they thought it would resolve what had happened with the dashboard going black. Then it happened again! I did the reset I described above and it worked and I reported it to Tesla so they had the information. Interesting.

liftsrock | 2018年4月11日

Can Tesla remotely analyze what is going wrong with each vehicle?

Vawlkus | 2018年4月11日

Up to a point, yes.

pimp x | 2019年4月30日

Just now happened to my wife in our 2 week old X. Shes freaking out. Certainly don't expect something like this on a new car.

nipper2 | 2019年5月1日

Mine just did the same so I waited for awhile and all is good. I didn't think it was a big deal .I had just updated the new software and it was still updating and with this update it could take as much as a week.

nodejsquiz | 2019年5月2日

I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
https://wuxiaworld.live

jimglas | 2019年5月2日

Nobody is stupid enough to click on your link troll

mbp11 | 2019年5月2日

I had a problem yesterday. Had the dog mode on to keep the car cool when we picked up my girlfriend's dog from his surgery and when we got in the car, the dog mode would not turn off, even when we unlocked the car and got inside. Screen frozen! Had to reboot the car from the steering wheel, my girlfriend was not amused. I called in a bug report