Forums

“Summon” only working occasionally

“Summon” only working occasionally

I’ve got a December 2017 S75d and the only issue I’ve had is that Summon is very inconsistent. It seems to only work if I toggle the switch to turn it off and then on again. It will work once. Then, i have to toggle. I don’t want to bother the service department if it’s something simple I’m missing .
Thanks all

chris bionix | 2018年3月19日

I m experiencing the same issue actually led the main computer to crash after I tried that then simply launched the bbc on tunein radio. Since sunday night I have no main computer running on my model S

brittcox | 2018年3月19日

Same experience here, if I toggle on/off it then works. I’ve seen people mention not having your phone and car connected to the same WiFi, but haven’t tested this scenario yet.

EVRider | 2018年3月19日

When you say Summon doesn't work, what do you mean exactly? I assume @brittcox is using the phone app vs. the key fob to summon the car; what about the rest of you? What version of the firmware do you have?

It shouldn't matter which WiFi you use (if any), as long as both the car and phone have access to the internet (assuming you're using the app).

Rudka3303 | 2018年3月19日

By “not working” i mean it doesn’t actually move. It acknowledges the command but then just goes back into lock mode . I’ve tried it with the fob , the app, with Wi-Fi , without etc. It won’t work unless i toggle the switch ok the control panel

EVRider | 2018年3月19日

Do you have a Summon notifications enabled in the app, and if so, do you receive any when you try to use Summon?

Rudka3303 | 2018年3月20日

EVRider - I do have Summon notifications enabled in the app... but it doesn't send me any notices when I try , or when it fails.

EVRider | 2018年3月20日

Which version of the firmware do you have?

Rudka3303 | 2018年3月20日

I have the 2018.10.4 firmware. It was doing the same thing prior to this new firmware. I've done the scroll wheel reset a few times and the same problem persists

EVRider | 2018年3月20日

I never use Summon, but I just tried it with my AP1 car with version 2018.6.1 (using the key fob) and it worked fine. The problem might be specific to EAP cars.