Forums

powerwall 2 cost to install pre and post incentive

powerwall 2 cost to install pre and post incentive

Trying to install 2 powerwalls and getting a crazy range of quotes. Many seem to be around $21,000 then claiming post incentive $9,000. Doing the math independently it seems like it should cost around $14,000 then after sgip $4,640 x2 = $9,280 and ITC $1,416 = around $3,300 post incentive.

Am I misunderstanding something? Why are the quotes so different.

Thank you all for the help!

Tesla-David | 27 juli 2018

Where do you live ? I just had 2 PW2’s installed last month in Edmonds, WA for around $15,400. Your quote should come from Tesla-Energy.

jurmanji | 27 juli 2018

Live in los angeles. I knew the price sounded high. Thanks!

jurmanji | 27 juli 2018

Was the 15,400 before sgip and itc?

thanks!

Tesla-David | 28 juli 2018

Not sure what you mean by sgip and itc. I think you have incentives in CA not available here in WA other than the 30 percent Federal rebate.

jurmanji | 28 juli 2018

Thanks! So it was 15 before the rebate?

Tesla-David | 28 juli 2018

Yes!

davbui | 29 juli 2018

@jurmanji check out this thread: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/total-cost-install-powerwall-2

You will get a good idea of the quote range. Also, SGIP is specific to CA and Tesla manages that process for you.

reggiedevers | 7 augustus 2018

@jumanji Tesla has run out of SGIP $$$ with PG&E. Not sure who your electric provider is, but if it is, there are NO MORE incentives there. You should call who ever your electric provider is and find out if Tesla has met their limit. I live in NCAL and PG&E is done and paying any more SGIP.

reggiedevers | 7 augustus 2018

I meant to say above NOT PAYING from SGIP.