Forums

Window and windshield tinting

Window and windshield tinting

What is recommended material and cost for best windows and windshield tinting. I live in SUNNY Florida and need relief!

NOLEK SUM | 15 september 2018

I live in SUNNY Arizona and found in 2001 my Mercedes dealer installed Hyperoptik (pronounced Hooperoptik). I’ve had it on every car since, including my S. It is excellent with a extremely high heat rejection and excellent light transmission. Outstanding German engineering.

PrescottRichard | 15 september 2018

Nolek Sum- where in AZ are you? I’m in, oh, it’s right there already in my name.

Was that on the windshield as well?

erikberger11 | 15 september 2018

Thanks Nolek Sum. Found a dealer here in Orlando that installs Hyperopic automotive window tint.

NOLEK SUM | 15 september 2018

I’m in Cave Creek.

Here is what I got, 5 years ago. May be different now.

Windows:hyperoptik drei, $499
Windshield air 80 Bleu, $150.

Came to my home and installed.

Will be getting next need on my new 100D

TeslaTap.com | 16 september 2018

Note that any film on the windshield is illegal in California, except for the top 4". I suspect the concern is the added visual distortion films typically create, especially over time. All other windows are ok in CA.

StatsApp | 17 september 2018

I had them tint the windshield. If you look through polarized sunglasses, you'll see rainbows which is very annoying on the windshield. I had them remove it the next day.

CEYA GAS | 17 september 2018

@TeslaTap:

By clarification, front windows can have film, as long as their is no tint to them. Rear window can be tinted as long as their is a right side mirror...

TeslaTap.com | 17 september 2018

Here's more on CA's tinting laws: https://www.tinting-laws.com/california/

NOLEK SUM | 17 september 2018

Erik

Just ordered for my new S. Price for each up $100 (from almost 5 years ago) to $599/$299. He comes to my home to install. What pay you in Orlando?

Just drove my new car home from California where I bought it, 800 miles, and the difference with no tint is unbelievable. The heat coming through the windshield was devastating, something I have never felt here in Arizona with my tinted old S. Money well spent!

NOLEK SUM | 17 september 2018

Erik

Just ordered for my new S. Price for each up $100 (from almost 5 years ago) to $599/$299. He comes to my home to install. What pay you in Orlando?

Just drove my new car home from California where I bought it, 800 miles, and the difference with no tint is unbelievable. The heat coming through the windshield was devastating, something I have never felt here in Arizona with my tinted old S. Money well spent!

erikberger11 | 20 september 2018

Nolek,
Price here in FL is about the same as you paid.
Ultimate Auto in Orlando appears to be best around and has done 100’s of Tesla’s with outstanding reviews.

patiponp202 | 21 september 2018

nice post
[url=http://]http://www.ufa007.com/ufabet[/url]

pavlick19 | 26 september 2018

Nolek,

I live in Phoenix,
Can you give me the phone number to the guy you used?
Also, did you install the ceramic tint?

Thank you!

NOLEK SUM | 26 september 2018

@pavlick19

Mobile Window Tinting by JR

602-550-8468

Mine will be installed hopefully next Tuesday - I had to reschedule as My S had am unexpected call at the SC.

Don't know about ceramic.

NOLEK SUM | 26 september 2018

@pavlick19

Just spoke with JR and rescheduled. Asked about ceramic. He said the Hyperoptik is a grade above ceramic.

He told me he has been doing this for 29 years.