Forums

Tesla Model 3 Spacers - 20mm/25mm

BRAND NEW Tesla Model 3 Spacers By ArtecFab

20mm/25mm Width available in Anodized Black Finish - https://imgur.com/a/ysQCEDQ

Fits all Tesla Model 3 Wheel Specs including: 18", 19" 20"

Price = $149.99/pair (20mm) / $159.99 (25mm)

*INCLUDES ALL NECESSARY BOLTS & HARDWARE*

Mr. Model3 | 21 januari 2019

Mr. Model3 | 21 januari 2019

Tesla Model 3

gmr6415 | 21 januari 2019

Why????? Why do you want to screw with the engineering? Put them on, brake an axle, void the warranty.

lbowroom | 21 januari 2019

Because Tesla tucks them way in for aerodynamics. Moving them out 25mm is nowhere near enough to make any service difference in a million miles. Wives tale.

Cactusone | 21 januari 2019

How about pics installed?

Lonestar10_1999 | 21 januari 2019

What is the purpose of these spacers?

Before I replaced my aeros I had 15mm front, 20mm rear spacers. They were just about flush, but the front were on the verge of too much. I wouldn't go 5mm wider, especially if you ever want to go with a wider tire.

slingshot18 | 21 januari 2019

gmr6415, where's your proof this will happen?

Just exaggerating a real principle. Increasing offset puts more load on wheel bearings. How much more? Not enough to matter. There is no perfect engineered offset, the strength of the wheel bearings was not optimized for the bearing selected, it was chosen for a multitude of reasons. Just like polishing lug nuts increases aero performance, not enough to matter.

gballant4570 | 21 januari 2019

Warranty or not, the question of why remains unanswered..... I guess there is some minuscule effect on appearance? Maybe from a certain angle.....still gotta ask why.....

rkalbiarEV | 21 januari 2019

Just go with wider wheels/tires. You can select the offsets and widths to get the exact look you are looking for and increase performance too, along with that great look!

slingshot18 | 21 januari 2019

@gballant4570 It looks a lot better. That's the reason, and only reason.

gmr6415 | 22 januari 2019

@slingshot18, it was a hypothetical. I was a mechanic for over 2 decades. Engineers do things for a reason and screwing with the engineering "can" result in failed parts that were not intended to handle the modifications made.

Maybe you don't remember the old cars with rear leaf springs and everyone was putting in spacers to jack up the rear of the car. It didn't take long for those leaf springs to bend in the opposite direction and the car would settle back to it's original height in the rear. That's just an example.

I worked on heavy duty equipment, and I can't tell you how many times I saw broken axles simply from truckers putting on offset rims.

Vehicle manufacturers don't design their vehicles for modifications, and if you make modifications that result in failures it voids the warranty.

ODWms | 22 januari 2019

@slingshot18, Mr. Model3, please provide pictures on the car. I’d love to see the difference!

EM34ME | 22 januari 2019

"Warranty or not, the question of why remains unanswered..... I guess there is some minuscule effect on appearance? Maybe from a certain angle.....still gotta ask why....."

Fair question

1. In some situations (for example track and drag racing) wider wheels and tires and increased stance can provide some increase in cornering ability and traction, where a fraction off a second is critical in a 1/4 mile or 2 mile course. As a daily driver, it doesn't provide any advantage other than trying to look like a track car (like those meaningless wings and spoilers on the trunk of a car on the freeway).

2. If you notice, all the concept cars (including the model 3 reveal cars) have wheels that are approximately flush with the sides of the car because it makes the cars more sleek looking. When these cars make it to production, the wheels are tucked inside about an inch because it is better for aerodynamics and lower cD.

So the only reason to put spacers on a daily driver is to make the car look better (in the owners eyes) at the expense of penalizing some range and additional cost.

The same goes for custom rims. Many people think custom rims that are larger, wider, fancier, with greater offset look "better". That's why Tesla offers 19" and 20" rims as options for the model 3. But in reality, they cost more to purchase, tires are more expensive to replace, and they do cost some penalty in range.

It is all about personal preference and choice. That's the best answer.

slingshot18 | 22 januari 2019

@ODWms I don't have spacers on mine. Instead, I might do aftermarket with wheels designed with less "tuck." Yes, there are some side effects to huge car modifications, but you don't hear about problems with modern cars and the spacer dimensions being discussed.

Just a quick google search and here is an example on a BMW.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167576

ODWms | 22 januari 2019

Thanks for that, Slingshot. That BMW spacer was 12mm and still noticeable. I’d imagine the Model 3 spec’d one would probably be even more so. I think this is a nice mod.

Mr. Model3 | 28 januari 2019

I am surprised to see so much conversation about spacers HAHA at any rate, i will have pictures of before and after installation soon. Currently traveling.

I will also have pictures of lowering, wrap, chrome delete and tint in the near future. Thank you all so much!

As for the spacers, it is noticeable that the spacers are installed, however, it gives the Model 3 a more aggressive stance and does nothing for the performance of the vehicle. I also do not believe it will affect the warranty, even if needed to bring the car for service they are easily installed/removed.

As for those saying go with wider wheels/tires, i would think this is going to affect the performance of the vehicle much more then adding harmless spacers. To each their own though!