Forums

Model 3 Leather Interior Cleaning

Model 3 Leather Interior Cleaning

Hi All,

What product(s) do you use to clean the leather interior of the Model 3? Do the 2019 models have vegan leather interior? I've tried to look it up but can't find a solid answer.

I have a large mark on my driver seat from white eyeliner pencil and I've used Pledge leather wipes to remove the stain but they don't seem to work at all.

Any help is appreciated!

tjringle23 | 17 mei 2019

I've tried different products but seems to leave residue on the seats since it's not real leather... comes off eventually but haven't found a good product for it. I've been using a spray bottle with soap and water for the time being because I'm afraid to use anything else.

Harneelsandhu | 17 mei 2019

I'll try using soap and water! It seems like car wipes for leather interior may not work either?

DavidAsheville | 17 mei 2019

There are several previous threads on the subject. If you type the following into your search engine you should be able to find them:

site:forums.tesla.com/forum/ clean seats

jordanrichard | 17 mei 2019

There is no leather in Teslas anymore, except for the steering wheel. Try using a household cleaner like 409 or Lysol kitchen cleaner. The seats are made of polyurethane.

dmastro | 17 mei 2019

I've had great success cleaning the interior surfaces of my car with a damp microfiber towel. I don't know that I'd trust a harsh chemical cleaner for long-term use.

gordon_r_benson | 17 mei 2019

303 Aerospace UV Protectant or Adams Interior Detailer Spray (on a microfiber towel as dmastro mentioned).

Teslanene | 17 mei 2019

I also use a damp microfiber towel.

-TheJohn- | 17 mei 2019

70% isopropyl alcohol works wonders on the pseudo leather and other parts of the interior. Makes those dust streaks and whatnot go away.

jjgunn | 18 mei 2019
Daryl | 18 mei 2019

ArmorAll Cleaning Wipes work well for me.

lph | 18 mei 2019

I just cleaned my white seats last weekend of dye from jeans rubbing off for the last 8 months of use. All I had to do is get a damp cloth ... it came of completely (like new) with the first wipe!

Harneelsandhu | 18 mei 2019

I tried the damp microfiber towel and it removed the minor stains on the seat but I still have a pretty large white line from the eyeliner pencil that won’t come out.

1agkirk2 | 19 mei 2019

Harneelsandhu, you might try MAGIC Eraser sponge-like product.

jordanrichard | 19 mei 2019

Do NOT use Magic eraser. You mind as well use 80 grit sandpaper if you use that product.

aperfectecho | 19 mei 2019

I use the Meguire's stuff, and it works well for all surfaces, leaves no residue, and smells nice. No issues with it

Whdame | 19 mei 2019

I have been using this on the entire inside of my Model 3 for a full year now. Works great.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/innerclean-interior-quick-detailer-and-prot...

andrewsjra | 19 mei 2019

Car Guys super cleaner like jjgunn said. It works great and has a nice scent to it. No harsh chemicals. I had what looked like grease stains on the front seats when I first got my car and tried a armor all wipe. It didn’t remove the strain. When I issued Car Guys super cleaner it came right out. Highly recommend

AWDTesla | 20 mei 2019
rasinas | 20 mei 2019

I have always been against using chemicals in our cars interior. For years I have just wiped down the interior with an Absorber towel after I finish drying the outside. They are awesome for drying and wiping down the interior and last a long time. https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-34900-X-Large-Chamois-Single/dp/B001HXMG74

T35L4 | 20 mei 2019

I like Mothers VLR. Cleans good. Smells good. Leaves a nice MATTE finish - not sticky / glossy.

emeralda2 | 20 mei 2019

Any suggestion to get sunblock white residue off? The wife slathered sunblock on the kids and self in prep for the pool. Now I have nasty looking miniature sized prints on the seat that just won't budge with soap+water/non-chemical baby wipes.

I'm trying to decide between Lexol and Chemical Guys Leather cleaner - any favorites/recommendations?

sroh | 20 mei 2019

@emeralda, sunblock is nasty. Try general interior cleaners like you asked about. If they don't work (they didn't work for me), you can try rubbing alcohol. And if that doesn't work, try degreaser diluted 5:1 or 10:1 with distilled water. That did the trick for me last year.

emeralda2 | 21 mei 2019

@sroh, thanks. Will try it this weekend.