Forums

TESLA MODEL 3 VS. BMW 330I VS. GENESIS G70 COMPARISON

TESLA MODEL 3 VS. BMW 330I VS. GENESIS G70 COMPARISON

Good reading from Motor Trend.

TESLA MODEL 3 VS. BMW 330I VS. GENESIS G70 COMPARISON: WHO BUILDS THE BEST COMPACT LUXURY SEDAN?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2018/tesla-model-3-vs-bmw-...

spoiler alert
"The Tesla Model 3 wins this competition because it has thoroughly rewritten the rules of what a compact sport sedan can be. As it turns out, the number 3 is still the benchmark number for this segment. It just now happens to be a different type of 3."

Mikael13 | 22 mei 2019

Saw this. I have the LR AWD only. Very pleased with reading this article earlier.

Lovethe3 | 22 mei 2019

This is fantastic! Had a 3 series BMW before...wonderful car...but nothing like this.

RedShift | 22 mei 2019

I like this review comparison with BMW M2 better, even though one of the drivers liked the competition slightly better. Gets much more deep into driving dynamics.

https://youtu.be/HycUgd6fTWI

RedShift | 22 mei 2019

I used to have an E46 sport package 325i. One of the best handling and riding cars ever.

My Model 3 is now better. Having reduced tire pressures to 37 PSI cold, I have realized the perfect ride/handling compromise. Nice and responsive handling but soaks up road imperfections and potholes well.

All thanks to the new software update that ‘learns’ new tire pressures. (Lower, in my case)

JAD | 22 mei 2019

Reporters really are caught in a tough place, give an honest review that the Model 3 really is a new, better way to travel, or find some silly thing to complain about to keep all your sponsors, advertisers and traditionalist happy.

Tcloutier5890 | 22 mei 2019

Tesla won and they don’t advertise in the magazine. Is this a fluke, or is the truth being allowed to come out? Another I didn’t think I would live this long moment.

calvin940 | 22 mei 2019

The truth always comes out.

JAD | 22 mei 2019

@calvin, I hope you are right, but I am not so sure these days.

jimglas | 22 mei 2019

it is encouraging to see a review that reflects what we all know

JAD | 22 mei 2019

Wow, just went to check something in the article and guess what ad was playing, Genesis Motortrend car of the year! Isn't that ironic, but not at all random.