Forums

Supercharger in Dothan AL

Supercharger in Dothan AL

Dear Tesla -- Hopefully you read these forums. Long story short -- I contacted the city of Dothan AL since they are on your list of SC locations coming in 2019 and this is a critical location for me since I travel from Atlanta to Panama City Beach and there are no SC stations along the way. Back in February I spoke to a Bob Wilkerson and he had no idea of any plans for and charging stations in the city. Bob was proactive, and now the local utility has given the city a grant for $250k to install chargers around the City! They want to install Tesla chargers as well but they DO NOT know who to contact at Tesla to get the ball rolling. TESLA - this is an ideal way for you to quickly have subsidized SC in Dothan -- a city on your list! A city that people from Nashville, Atlanta and Birmingham have to drive through to get to the gulf coast! Please have someone contact Bob -- 334-615-3416 and this could happen very quickly!

Signed,
Loyal Tesla owner in Atlanta who is DYING to take his Tesla to the beach!

noleaf4me | 17 juli 2019

Anyone else who is supportive of this SC in Dothan -- please speak up (where are my friends in the ATL???)

NKYTA | 17 juli 2019

I'm all for new SCs...anywhere. :-)

TeslaTap.com | 17 juli 2019

@noleaf4me - Try https://www.tesla.com/charging-partners (scroll down to the bottom)

reed_lewis | 17 juli 2019

This seems like a good place to put a super charger because it is a hole that is missing in the map.

jpcollins9 | 17 juli 2019

Noleaf for me:

As a former Atlantan and now a Birmingham resident, why are you going through Dothan when you've a nearly straight shot through Tifton to Tallahassee? wouldn't Bainbridge be a better alternative than Dothan? (My cheapskate brother lives in Dothan and won't let me charge when I visit so I don't visit anymore! Having a supercharger might make it harder for me to deny an ability to visit!)

jpcollins9 | 17 juli 2019

Noleaf for me:

As a former Atlantan and now a Birmingham resident, why are you going through Dothan when you've a nearly straight shot through Tifton to Tallahassee? wouldn't Bainbridge be a better alternative than Dothan? (My cheapskate brother lives in Dothan and won't let me charge when I visit so I don't visit anymore! Having a supercharger might make it harder for me to deny an ability to visit!)

noleaf4me | 18 juli 2019

@jpcollins -- that route is almost 100 miles longer. I live south of the city near I85 and 85S through Columbus then Dothan is definitely the most direct route to Panama City Beach

@TeslaTap -- I sent the link to the guy in Dothan and he will will reach out to Tesla! They are willing to spend $$ they just got from their utility company.

noleaf4me | 19 juli 2019

Hopefully Tesla is on this.....