Forums

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Perhaps the saddest news. She has been through a few cancers. But pancreatic cancer in an 85 year old sucks. It is a bad cancer and her best treatment would have been a Whipples Triple Sugery. But she received radiation. So this is not a cure but by a palliation. We hope she survives until jan 2021 with a Democrat Senate and a Democrat president. Otherwise we will get another white cocksucking male Supreme Court Judge. And then our only hope is to stack the Supreme Court by expanding the number and appointing more Supreme Court judges

Tesla2018 | 23 augustus 2019

Another non car related post.

Guess you wont mind if I am happy when she goes since you are glad Koch is gone.

Sorry but Judge Jeannine Perro will be the next nominee!

jimglas | 24 augustus 2019

Probably. Follows in the footsteps of his other unqualified candidates

TranzNDance | 24 augustus 2019

@Tesla2018, Koch used his vast resources to lobby against EV to protect his pollution-causing wealth generator. Being glad that he is gone is an appropriate reaction in an EV forum. The dead don't care what we think of them.

Tesla2018 | 24 augustus 2019

Ginsberg and her abortion supporting judges have killed more babies with their support of Roe vs Wade than I ever yelled at.

Koch also made hundreds of millions in donations to charities and hospitals. Granted he probably did more harm than good. But some people here enjoy it when those that they disagree with lose their homes or die. And this is a car forum so I am going to flag the original post and hope others do too since thia thread is not car or.even EV related.

However the thing II like about the OP is that he is an expert in medicine and I have learned more from him about my condition of high cholesterol and triglycerides than from my regular doctor. But I wouldnt take climate change advise from him anymore than I would take medical advice from a weatherman!

rxlawdude | 24 augustus 2019

@Tesla, should a pregnant woman be able to legally use the 2+ HOV lane?

Yodrak. | 24 augustus 2019

I should think so, once the fetus is older than the few weeks (varies state by state) until abortion ban kicks in?

SCCRENDO | 24 augustus 2019

@Tesla2018. I believe Ruth Bader Ginsburg would like to outlaw grown up buffoons yelling at crying babies.

sabbia | 24 augustus 2019

@Tesla2018. What do you really think about babies?

Rxlaw: Good question. Guess you can argue it a few ways.

Moronic reply would be She can always take a coathanger and can pull it out with its heart still beating. But then she would get a ticket for not having it a carseat!

If she leaves it in her body at 98.7 degrees for 9 months and it dies because she is a crack addict and nothing happens then why cant she leave it in a car at the same temperature for more than 10 minutes once it is born and go to jail? Arent both things neglect on behalf of the parent?

carlk | 24 augustus 2019

Supreme court vacancy would be one scenario that Democrats should definitely proceed with the impeachment process. We can't afford to have a 50 year old conservative to replace Ginsburg.

Sabbia: I like babies its just that I dont have patience to deal with them. I also hate diapers. I dont like wiping the shit from my ass, and cleaning up after I get sick, let alone cleaning up someone elses. Also they dont understand you so its hard to figure out what they want. Once they are potty trained and can talk they are cool. I never wanted kids since I didnt want to deal with that. I guess you are married with kids and probably raising them is no big deal and your friends with kids feel the same way.
Most of my friends are single or married and dont have kids or they adopted kids that are older. My friends that got married in their 20s and had kids right away were miserable and most are divorced. But maybe they had marital issuses and took it out on their kids, since their kids swore and yelled at them when they got older.
Dont know why people think I dont like babies. My sister in law gave me her twin babies to hold when they wete babies and they started crying. I freaked since I had no idea what to do so I yelled at them to stop crying. Of couse they didnt understand but I panicked since I didnt know what to do.
At least I know I would suck at being a parent.

On a side note some people here are so concerned about the environment and are afraid of causing pollution. I read that the average person creates 60 tons of garbage in their lifetime. Also people are the main reason for global warming because of damage they do to the environment. If they are so concerned about the environment, then why do they have kids which cause damage to it. The amount of diapers going into landfills and materials needed to build schools and houses for them in the future does more damage to the environment than me driving a ICE car for my entire life. Seems kind of hyprocritical and selfish for people to tell everyone how they should be saving the environment for the generations of offspring that they create that will only be contributing more to the problem. How about taking away tax credits for kids and charging people an environmental impact fee instead like they do when you buy a new house.

Money is speech
Corporations are people
And bribery is legal
Our right wing activist SCOTUS in action
Destrying representative democracy
Sold to the highest (dark money) bidder

@sabbia. It may just be me but I don’t think he likes babies. And if his sister in law let’s him babysit again I think Child Protection Services should take a visit. As with everything else you develop your norms by those around you.

he likes fetuses
Not babies

@Carlk. Impeachment won’t help. Can you live with a President Pence pick. If there is a double impeachment perhaps President Pelosi can strong arm Moscow Mitch

@jimglas. Can he yell at fetuses. I guess he doesn’t need to. They don’t cry.

RedShift | 24 augustus 2019

@tesla2018

Thanks for not having kids. That’s a genuine, heartfelt thanks.

NKYTA | 24 augustus 2019

Lol

Jimglas. You cant hear fetuses when they cry!

At least I dont want to kill them right up until they ate born.

Screeno- The babies are almost in their teens now, so there is no need to worry. I will ask them if they werr traumatized by me yelling at them next time I see them. I think they were more upset when I bought cookie dough and said I was going to make cookies for them when they were 3 years old. Their mom said "Like Hell you are. Do you know what its like dealing with a pair of 3 years olds that have a sugar rush.."

I am not clear that you would be the best judge of PTSD in teenagers. I guess what’s done is done. You may have succeeded in increasing the patient base of some psychiatrist somewhere.

We need to respect you for drawing boundaries. You protect the fetus right up to birth. But after that they are Lon their own. Survival of the fittest.

rxlawdude | 24 augustus 2019

@Tesla's gone off the deep end of #whataboutisms.

@rxlawdude. He just parrots stuff. Many of them may understand what they parrot. He does not and often misquotes the parroting. I guess that would make him a confused parrot.

TranzNDance | 24 augustus 2019

It's weird to fight against abortion, and when born children are gunned down, it's just thoughts and prayers. I and many parents worry about the world my kids have or will inherit and we have people who want unwanted babies to be born into a world with a questionable future.

grins.va | 25 augustus 2019

@SCCRENDO - I have been waiting for you to correct the misspelling of Ginsburg’s name in the OP title.

SCCRENDO | 25 augustus 2019

Done. I must be slightly dyslexic

nwfan | 26 augustus 2019

If Justice Ginsburg time comes up. Wouldn't the Senate Majority Leader hold up
the nominating procedure until after 2020 election? Just like he did after Justice Scalia
time ran out.

Wait that's not going to happen. Fair play has never entered into mind of M M.

jimglas | 26 augustus 2019

MoscowMitch has never been concerned about his hypocrisy

Uncle Paul | 26 augustus 2019

Not many politicians of any party are much worried about hypocrisy. Even people that complain about hypocrisy are usually hypocrites.

Be careful about promoting impeachment. What would happen if Trump was impeached, and President Pence nominated him to the Supreme Court. Just a though.

sabbia | 26 augustus 2019

"Even people that complain about hypocrisy are usually hypocrites."

The view from those who practice personal responsibility.

SCCRENDO | 26 augustus 2019

@uncle. The important thing is getting rid of the basket case. We can address his replacement later

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 26 augustus 2019

@SCC,
Yes, the dems would just keep “digging” and “digging” until they made something up about Pence. I’ve already seen that playbook. Didn’t work so well for the Mueller/DeNiro report.

if trump wasnt president
he would be in jail
That report?

It really didn’t say that and you know it. Mueller was in front of congress for hours and he didn’t say that either. Dems are the only ones making that lie up.

you didnt read the report did you?
Its all laid out in black and white
Over 1,000 former prosecutors, Rep and Daem, have said so

I did read the report. Mueller, on the other hand...

wrote the damning report

Clearly you didn’t watch his testimony. Poor guy didn’t have a clue. I felt bad for him. Nadler looked like he was going to cry. What a catastrophe.

Hey, isn’t this the RBG baby oil thread?

RedShift | 26 augustus 2019

@neo

No it isn’t. Please go back to your fantasyland where Trump is innocent as a baby, poops cotton candy, and you eat it all up and grin from ear to ear.

Facts aren’t your thing. We get it.

Redshift,
Why isn’t anyone impeaching him?

Neo,

I don’t know man, if I had my way, he’d be looking at 20 years to life, and you’d be committed to a sanatorium or an addiction relief facility.

Wow. Your level of intolerance is epic. I may need to go cower in my safe space and cry now.

@neo

Bah, you don’t need no safe space! You are a hairy chested, true patriot conservative! Plus you have that cotton candy. :-)

The cotton candy is delicious. ;-)’

Tesla2018 | 26 augustus 2019

I thought he crapped Orange Poopsicles and pissed
Tang and that Cotton Candy was one of Stomy Daniels co-stars.

@Tesla2018,
It’s show biz. The names get reused a lot.

NKYTA | 26 augustus 2019

Keep the blinders on.

SCCRENDO | 26 augustus 2019

@Neo. Too much to unpack. Pence is a dipshit and no need to make stuff up about him. But he is preferable to Trump. Mueller is a write off. He had the evidence but failed in his duty to get rid of Trump. But don’t get me wrong. Trump is going to undergo an impeachment inquiry. Who cares if he is actually impeached or not. But an impeachment inquiry will bring out all the dirty facts to enlighten the electorate that is too stupid, too lazy, or in too much denial to gather the evidence for themselves

@SCC,
I can't wait for the brightest spotlight in Washington to illuminate EVERYTHING that went on in the lead up to 2016 and beyond. So far I am unimpressed with the crumbs that have been turned up.

Pages