Forums

Car Needs Service - Car may not restart (battery pack replaced)

Car Needs Service - Car may not restart (battery pack replaced)

TL;DR - Got "Car Needs Service - Car may not restart" notification, SC replaced battery pack, but same notification reappeared after a week

Couple of weeks back this notification came on and went away after an hour or so(of driving). I brought the car to Springfield,NJ SC, after a week of tests, and back and forth with Tesla engineers in CA they determined the issue was with the main battery pack, and replaced it. The car was at the SC for 17 days, they were nice enough provide a MS P90D loaner during this time.
Long story short, the notification came on again today and stayed up briefly, within less than a week of getting my car back.

In both instances the car drove normally before, during and after the notification came and went.

Model 3 / LR / AWD/ ~12600 miles/ took delivery in Sept-2018

Anybody else experience this issue ?

brolinksbhejna | 27 augustus 2019

I’ve been driving to Colorado from the Bay Area today (and tomorrow). The last couple week I’ve started noticing that when the car was stationary, like while charging at a supercharger or at a stoplight for a few minutes, the AC would start blowing hot air. Annoying, but hasn’t been too much of a concern to me. Until now.

I just arrived in Salt Lake City for the night (about half way and staying with a friend). As I was getting things out of my car, I heard and felt this big rumble. I immediately realized it was one of the intake fans that blows in air for the cooling/ac when the car is stationary. I closed all the doors, as this would shut off the AC and the fan would stop.

brolinksbhejna | 31 augustus 2019

I’ve been driving to Colorado from the Bay Area today (and tomorrow). The last couple week I’ve started noticing that when the car was stationary, like while charging at a supercharger or at a stoplight for a few minutes, the AC would start blowing hot air. Annoying, but hasn’t been too much of a concern to me. Until now.

I just arrived in Salt Lake City for the night (about half way and staying with a friend). As I was getting things out of my car, I heard and felt this big rumble. I immediately realized it was one of the intake fans that blows in air for the cooling/ac when the car is stationary. I closed all the doors, as this would shut off the AC and the fan would stop.

my issue got solvedd!!

Lonestar10_1999 | 31 augustus 2019

Me thinks bro is responding to the wrong thread.

rsm3 | 14 september 2019

Got m3 back today, rear drive unit(RDU) was replaced.
Hoping the warning does not reappear.

markcohen | 14 september 2019

We had the same message about 3 weeks ago. Our car is approximately the same age and mileage. Roadside service said try rebooting and that all would be ok if the message disappeared. It did but 2 days later the card was totally dead. In our case the service center said that it was the 12 V battery. They replaced it and it has been fine ever since. Well... until today. Today my car failed while supercharging. The message said that charging stopped and to check charging equipment. I tried 3 different chargers at the same location and one at another. Same result. AC charging seems to work - so far.