Forums

Downloading it now. I’m usually not on the early end of receiving updates, so this is intriguing.

jb1120 | 2 november 2019

I love my Tesla. Best thing I’ve ever purchased.

82bert | 2 november 2019

@jb1120. Let us know what the release notes say!

Bated Breath | 2 november 2019

Im surprised a couple forum members say they can feel the 5% power boost. This has me very excited about receiving this update. My P3D- is already stupid fast. I look forward to it being even stupider.

rdavis | 2 november 2019

Fish is such an obvious FUD spewer...

Bighorn | 2 november 2019

I’m excited and back to whacking moles.

Hp.1193 | 2 november 2019

Just sell ur damn car already fishy.

“Complains about safety” but still gets in the car that he/she feels is “unsafe” what an idiot.

Lonestar10_1999 | 2 november 2019

@ FishEV Can your Kona out perform jb1120’s M3? I doubt it.

jb1120 | 2 november 2019

Okay. Stopping Mode, Scheduled Departure, 5% Power Increase, and Automatic Navigation are included in this update.

My car just got better. :)

whazupman | 2 november 2019

@jb1120 Any details on Stopping Mode? I would love to have true one pedal driving that will bring the car to a stop. Another week of anticipation for my car to get new features :)

JAD | 2 november 2019

I must have missed something, what is stopping mode?

Magic 8 Ball | 2 november 2019

I have not got it yet, should I call Tesla for a push? ; )

andrewsjra | 2 november 2019

Can anyone confirm if Spotify works better in this update. Can’t wait for the power increase.

gballant4570 | 2 november 2019

Stopping mode I am thinking must be true one pedal driving.

gballant4570 | 2 november 2019

I am almost as bad as a child on Christmas eve with this one....... your Tesla can make you feel young again!

Yes, car stops and holds now without the brake. Doesn’t coast with foot off the accelerator. You can turn it off (one pedal driving) if it’s not your thing.

jebinc | 2 november 2019

According to Teslafi, the release is a slow trickle as best, so far. ;-(

jb1120 | 2 november 2019

Noticeable albeit slight increase in power. Stopping mode allows regenerative (read: motor) braking all the way to full stop. Doesn’t seem to work with fully charged battery. No info on Spotify, I don’t have it.

JAD | 2 november 2019

The car that my mom drives got the update, but not mine yet so I can't test. They usually get updates at about the same time, so should get it soon. Checking wifi :)

jarwoods | 2 november 2019

One pedal driving (hold mode) is way better than I expected. So smooth from regen braking to the moment it enables hold mode to stop the car. Can't wait to go drive more today. I didn't notice a range increase, but I'm not that worried about range estimates personally. 280 @ 90% still. 5k miles on my LR AWD. That 5% power increase is nice too. :)

gparrot | 2 november 2019

I’m with you FishEV: the car is great, the electronics are for the birds. I’m hoping one day the electronics will settle down and provide what we’ve all come to expect from them.

Joshan | 2 november 2019

The best car in the world continues to only get better! Mmm Whack-A-Mole

ODWms | 2 november 2019

I drove 55 miles to a normally traveled destination where usually I use 18% battery. This trip showed a 17% energy usage. I’d have to drive it a few more times to see if this will be a constant.

The power difference is noticeable from 0-60 and from 50-70. Definitely feel it although I haven’t documented it with any speed testing device.

The one pedal driving is a home run. Best implementation of the hold feature by far. This is how it was meant to be by my estimation.

Tesla knocks it our of the park once again.

Joshan | 2 november 2019

Whats "Automatic Navigation"?

jb1120 | 2 november 2019

Alright. One pedal driving is absolutely amazing. Bravo Tesla!

Sounds awesome, though I have about a one inch gap between my garaged Teslas parked tail to tail. I usually coast in reverse using the rear camera. I suspect modulating the accelerator will be more challenging.

@jb
Curious why you are saying that regeneration is entirely responsible for the braking--that's how I read your earlier statement, but maybe it's not what you meant to convey. Clearly the brake is involved at some point--I would suggest before the car was stopped--because Hold is achieved by the electric brake. I'm also assuming my older Model S will not be gifted with this new feature since it's based solely on hydraulic braking.

jarwoods | 2 november 2019

Bighorn, I honestly had the same concern as I back my tesla in and also have garbage bins I have to move around. There's more range on the pedal in reverse that allows you to go super slow with one pedal driving, more so than creep was giving me in R. It will take some learning no doubt, but overall I feel like I have more control not less if that makes sense :)

@jar
Great to hear. Speaking of creeping up on things, I pull the first car up to within inches of the front wall using the ultrasound range for guidance. Recent FW changes changed what my red lines show and when I do what I did before in terms of how close I let the red lines get to the front bumper, I hit the wall.

MAB1980 | 2 november 2019

“ 3. Musk promise of update this year to boost acceleration by 5”

There it is again, fish setting up a false narrative to later complain didn’t happen.

No such promise was made.

^inadvertently dropped the percent sign.

^inadvertently dropped the percent sign.

“ Update notes say 5%”

@fish

Similar to the transcript, the update notes say ~5% increase in power. They also say acceleration is improved, but it unequivocally not quantified.

Promise never made.

wayne | 2 november 2019

I, too, am getting sick of these negative fish posts.

It’s cancerous. Mestasizing a lot today.

rxlawdude | 2 november 2019

I'm sorry that @Big has hit the wall. Does this mean the end of his cross-country sojourns, or does he just need to rest? ;-)

calvin940 | 2 november 2019

Tesla exceeds expectations.. again.

@rx
Headed to the east coast in a couple weeks. Didn't hit a figurative wall:)

gparrot | 2 november 2019

Question to all: to update the software in my car, if Tesla pings my car while it is asleep, will the car awake to respond or must it be resting only to respond?

jebinc | 2 november 2019

36.1 is one of the slowest rollouts of a major release in a long time. Anyone care to speculate as to why?

billtphotoman | 2 november 2019

I am _really_ looking forward to true one pedal driving. My wife's Leaf has it and that is my favorite feature of her car. It will be nice to have it in both our vehicles. Charge based on departure time is also nice since I do a lot of road trips and it will minimize the time my battery sits at a high state of charge.

Joseb | 2 november 2019

What you mean by "Automatic Navigation" ?

@jeb
The bigger the download, the more cautiously released to catch bugs, in general.

M3phan | 2 november 2019

@ Joseb, per Tesla,
“Automatic Navigation starts a route to a likely destination when you get in your car. Automatic Navigation routes you to locations associated with upcoming calendar events, to Work when leaving Home in the morning (Monday through Friday) and Home when leaving Work in the afternoon or evening (Monday through Friday).
To adjust Automatic Navigation, tap Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation. To set your work and home addresses, tap Navigate ten tap Home or Work and enter the address as necessary, then tap Save.”

M3phan | 2 november 2019

Auto Nav is another step toward fsd

"Well Tesla update does say 5% more power, acceleration is an aspect of that, in the update notes that people have posted. You are right to be skeptical until someone does, before after tests but taking Tesla at their word that is what they intended."

No, the update says approximately 5% more power. The Elon Musk transcript says on the order of 5% more power. Every time you've posted about this, you've dropped the fact that it's an approximation, and many times you've completely replaced "power" with "acceleration," as in the above where you falsely state that Musk promised to boost acceleration by 5%.

Here's a clue:
There are exactly two things one can change to affect acceleration: force, and mass. Nothing else.

Stipulating that there is no approximation, you've taken a 5% increase in motor power output and conflated it with a 5% increase in acceleration. For that to be so, the 5% increase in motor power output would have to correspond, exactly, with a 5% increase in force where the rubber meets the road. That's not possible.

-TheJohn- | 2 november 2019

No point in replying to #2 there MAB1980 but keep fighting the good fight.

Joseb | 2 november 2019

Ah thanks for the info @M3phan

FISHEV | 2 november 2019

"the update says approximately 5% more power. The Elon Musk transcript says on the order of 5% more power."@MAB1980

Someone said the new update did not actually increase the power 5% and that Musk didn't say just that in his comments. Well done...you proved them wrong

jebinc | 2 november 2019

@Bighorn

V10 was large, I assume larger than 36.1, and that rollout did thousands a day (as reported by Teslafi). 36.1 is about 10 an hour, with pauses.

Pages