Forums

Solves issue with Meter Nazi in San Francisco

Solves issue with Meter Nazi in San Francisco

https://youtu.be/Ecnp9L3XZoI

SnapPlate

Just got it - really like it.
I used to put front plate on dash - passenger side. Don't know if that ever worked.

Have a screw starter handy when assembling. I gave LivingTesla some feedback.

AZjohn | 9 november 2019

Just ordered. Hope it works as good as it looks :)

PteRoy | 9 november 2019

Meter nazi’s, the untold story of World War Two now on history channel.

eztider | 10 november 2019

Very clever. Ordered mine for my infrequent trips to SF. Don't want to keep pressing my luck.

Pg3ibew | 10 november 2019

NY State is a state where you need a front plate. I like this gadget. I do not currently have my frobt plate attached. I may purchase this gizmo.

Magic 8 Ball | 10 november 2019

So anyone can walk up to the car and snap off a new plate to add to their collection, nice!

@magic. There is really nothing stopping anyone from stealing a license plate from ANY car.
At most, I need a screw driver to steal 99.9 percent of all license plates.

This is true and locks are made to keep honest people out. Snap off plate is lower hanging fruit than one that needs a tool to take off. It also does not solve the new issue of having to remember to take it on and off, a royal PIA.

kevin_rf | 10 november 2019

The perp would have to know it's a removable plate... Kinda like all these people breaking the rear quarter panel window to gain access and not removing the thumb drive.

Yet the perps, somehow, know to target the quarter window because it does not set off an alarm, they know more than you think.

@magic, I can only speak for myself here. I like the idea. I will use it.
As far as perps, if they want it badly enough, they are gonna get it.
While I am sure it happens, I do not think license plate thievery is close to the top of the crime list.

@Pg3ibew I am happy for you. To me it would be just simpler and more effective to just leave a plate on permanently. When I am driving I can't tell if there is a plate on or off and I don't care if what others think.

FISHEV | 10 november 2019

Pretty good front license plate holder, meter maid or no.

https://livingtesla.com/shop/snapplate/

I purchased a slightly more expensive one which was easy to install but not as easy as the toolless Snapplate. Snapplate looks sturdy. Has to be able to handle the car wash. They should add that to the test video.

https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/tesla-model-3-front-license-p...

VolleyballNE1 | 10 november 2019

There is a security screw so no worries about it being any less secure than a normal plate holder. Seems more secure to me since it's supposed to be a security screw rather than a regular screw. Not a buyer, since I don't have a problem with the stock front plate, but seems like a good solution for those who have problems with the normal front plate attachment.

In CA we can put on a vinyl version of the front plate (part of a pilot program). I have one but have not put it on yet. The vinyl plate is very thin and conforms to the front fascia. It has a Salvidor Dali look to it when applied (I like it).

Sarah R | 10 november 2019

@M8B What is this "pilot program" of which you speak?

All explained on the website that sells them:

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

bjrosen | 10 november 2019

I don't get it, if CA requires two plates why didn't Tesla put on a front plate when they delivered the car. My car came with a front plate, I live in MA where two plates are required and Tesla installed both.

ronjolley | 10 november 2019

@Magic 8 Ball - Do you ever listen to yourself?

You can single-handedly destroy the value of a Post with either: "off-topic comments" or "add-no-value" comments.

We don't care what you think about "removable front plates."
Your sticker front plate option is "off topic" - not removable.
Why would you add a comment that says: I have a sticker plate, but haven't installed. So I have no experience to share.
You speak without knowledge. The "SnapPlate" has a non-obvious, optional, security screw that needs a tool.

Curious - do you do this intentionally? Can't believe that you've got me wasting my time with this comment. But I take it personally. I think that my Post had value before you destroyed it.

@bjrosen - you're "off topic." This post is about a good option for a removable front plate.

Are you upset that I put spam in a spam thread?

@Magic 8 Ball

Explain how this is a span thread.

Spam : irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

@Magic 8 Ball

You are amazing. You've got me helping you. Please disregard my previous comment. Don't say anything, please!

Generally a commercial product endorsement from a company, not associated with Tesla, would be considered a form of spam on a community forum.

I am sorry you feel I ruined your thread but I really don't care for the generalization of calling meter monitors Nazis so you hooked me. I have some criticism of the mount you shared and I offered an alternative that I like better and will never leave someone having to remember to snap a plate on or off.

bjrosen, on delivery my front plate was mounted by the Dedham MA delivery center. It was significantly of center to boot!!!

@kevin_rf

I blame @bjrosen equally. Because of him, you are "off-topic." Please read the OP.
What does your comment have to do with: Removable front plates.

@ronjolly, I like your post. I think the snapplate is cool.

Being able to easily remove and install makes it good choice for those who use car washes.

@Pg3ibew - thank you. There's still hope that we can get this Post back on-track.

Wow - I now know first-hand, what's it's like to have @Magic 8 Ball destroy a Post and even get the OP to help him. Now, that's a special talent. @Magic 8 Ball how many Posts have you destroyed? You must keep count.

SnapPlate from LivingTesla is a great product. I've been looking at the options since 2004

Hey, you are just baiting me for more engagement by accusing me of "destroying", is that what you want?

Squirrel!

Moose!

Breaker for Moose, it will save your life!

Brake, pesky Russian Autocorrected...

Q: Can I take SnapPlate through an automated car wash?

A: Some touchless washes may be fine, but brushes or really strong touchless water sprays will likely push it into the bumper which could scratch the paint or (hopefully to avoid damaging the bumper or grille) break the plate mount off. In either case, we strongly recommend you remove it. SnapPlate is fast and easy to remove for situations exactly like this.

Sarah R | 10 november 2019

@M8B thanks for answering my question. It's an interesting product, but I wonder how they meet the specifications for reflectivity.

As for the product spammed by the OP, after watching the video of the product bending in the airflow over the car, I'd not be surprised if, after some time, that repeated flexing caused damage to the grill. I'm also curious as to how it might affect the function of the forward looking radar.

Not spam - I have no relationship with Snapplate.

I will only use the product when parked in the city or anywhere they're prone to issue tickets for no front plate.

I don't plan to drive with it.

It goes on when I park and comes off when I return to the car.

Is this difficult to understand.? If I wanted to drive with a front plate, I would mount one.

@sarah y you should understand that M8B has zero knowledge of this product.

M8B was completely off topic - speaking about a licse plate sticker. Not at all what this post was for: A removable front plate for parking enforcement officers.

He should start his own post about front license plate stickers. Has he been banned from OPs and can only comment?

@Sarah- now you've got me talking about the wrong product. One of reasons we should stay on topic.

M8B knows nothing about the Snapplate and I doubt that he has knowledge about the license plate stickers. He said that he bought one, but has never used it.

I have accepted the fact that M8B successfully destroyed my post. Only thing left to do is bury the post.

Magic 8 Ball | 11 november 2019

@Sarah They print the "plate" on a special reflective vinyl, the company I linked to is the only company approved to sell them.

BTW the vinyl interferes with the radar if you place the "sticker" too high up the fascia.

"You've got me helping you."

I will release you from mind control soon, I promise.

ronjolley | 11 november 2019

Why don't you start a new Post on license plate sticker? You actually may have some useful information. But since you killed this post, I doubt that anyone is seeing your latest info.

Did I forget to release you, sorry.

jrweiss98020 | 11 november 2019

Volleyball: I have a SnapPlate. I bought it because I think it is the best design out there, even though I don't plan on removing my front plate very often. The security screw is EXACTLY the same as the screws that affix the plate to the mount (they include sets of silver and black screws). However, they are torx heads, so the random thief is less likely to have the correct screwdriver (included with the mount) on hand. The security screw is well out of sight when in place, so someone unfamiliar would have to get down on hands & knees to even find it. Anyone that determined would likely just pull the whole affair off the car, regardless of type of mount...