Forums

No Front Platers vs. Parking Enforcement Officers

No Front Platers vs. Parking Enforcement Officers

[V2 of material – I was too anxious before, to share my discovery. Could have been a lot clearer.]

Some of us don't want to mount the front license plate even if required by law, e.g. California. A few in this group are getting professional help. :-)

Appears that Franz may be a member of the “No Front Platers.” In all of his beautiful designs, there is no obvious place to mount a front plate.

Franz Von Holzhausen is chief designer of Tesla Motors

I've been looking for five years, for a good solution for my particular issue. I sometimes go up to The City. My wife and I really enjoy the trips, but it does cause me some anxiety knowing that there’s a high risk of a ticket for no front plate – The City is notorious for this.

Finally, a solution: Snapplate

https://youtu.be/Ecnp9L3XZoI

So now, we drive up to The City, find a parking space after an exhausting search; then:

*** Snap on the front plate, shop and/or dine, return to car, snap plate off – no tickets.

As a retired IT Security Consultant, I appreciate its security design. By default, “Security Through Obscurity.” Not obvious how to remove the plate. If you have concerns and an extra 20 secs, you can install an optional, non-obvious security screw.

raqball | 14 november 2019

andy.connor.e | November 14, 2019
For the guy who is here for the distraction, it doesnt matter what he says.
-----------
At least I, ya know, actually own the car... LMAO

andy.connor.e | 14 november 2019

Congrats. I bought a house this year instead of a new car. Are you going to keep berating me about that?

Just realized you probably dont care, so i expect this to continue.

Congrats. I bought a house this year instead of a new car. Are you going to keep berating me about that?
------------
Keeps saving the lunch money your mommy gives you and maybe someday you can own one of these.. LMAO

https://i.postimg.cc/FHfXWPwN/IMG-0301.jpg

@raqball

Better. Im going to own the solar roof and Model Y/Pickup. Both better than your Model 3

I feel gifted to be as old as i am and not still renting. One step at a time dude. If i was working a 6 figure job right now i'd have everything i want. Difference is you might have the car, but you also have the poor attitude. You carry that with you everywhere :)

P.S.

I can still flag you. Hows that "owners status"?

Keep saving that lunch money you get from mommy.

My guess is you also bully the kids in your kindergarten class and maybe take their lunch money as well?

LOL

Ya dude, that attitude is the best thing you've got going for you. Keep it up!

SamO | 14 november 2019

Keep jawboning your way to a lawsuit “pedo” guy. Maybe they shit worked when you were planting evidence on black Driver’s but your tactics won’t work here.

Hes not gonna earn any respect with responses like that. But he sure does own a model 3 lmao

Got Ego? And no i dont mean the electric lawn equipment brand.

jebinc | 14 november 2019

Funny, sad actually, but has anyone even noticed that the OP seems long gone, abandoned their own thread, thanks to all the disrupting posts by very familiar and frequent posters? Also funny, but really sad, that most of the disrupters claim they do what they to to ensure members (who they apparently believe can’t think for themselves) don’t get fooled by purported troll misinformation...

It is kind of funny how little time it took.

SamO | November 14, 2019
Keep jawboning your way to a lawsuit “pedo” guy. Maybe they shit worked when you were planting evidence on black Driver’s but your tactics won’t work here.
----------------------------
Magic P Ball is not going to be happy that a fellow kiddie clown gang member is mentioning legal / lawyer action... You see the difference is I did exactly what I said I would so tick tock troll..... I'll await the serving of paperwork.. LMAO..

Hes not gonna earn any respect with responses like that. But he sure does own a model 3 lmao
Got Ego? And no i dont mean the electric lawn equipment brand.
-------------------------------
Just trying to offer you tips for getting an M3 in the future.

1. Save the lunch money mommy give you
2. After school maybe get a paper route or offer to cut grass on the weekends
3. When you get old enough, check Mc Donalds as they hire a lot of teenagers

Maybe others will have more tips for you.....

Too bad they only hire teens.

Too bad they only hire teens.
------------------------
So you have to wait a few years... In the meantime cut grass or see if kids still do paper routes...

WW_spb | 14 november 2019

Raq you are not funny but you try hard I give you credit for that.

Gotta give him credit where its due. +1 credit for trying hard!

WhiteWi | November 14, 2019
Raq you are not funny but you try hard I give you credit for that.
-----------------------------
Just another fun filled day of pushing back on the kiddie clown gang here in the wild west of forums..

I should stop but durn it, it's fun! :D

I hope you dont actually think that. Both sides are very non-serious lmao

PteRoy | 14 november 2019

At what age do you think it’s appropriate to tell a highway it’s adopted?

Magic 8 Ball | 14 november 2019

"I should stop but durn it, it's fun! :D"

A bully does like trying to push people around.

@PteRoy

I heard that prison walls are never built to scale.

ronjolley | 2 april 2020

https://youtu.be/1rmQ7mU3Cic

He did a new video yesterday. Snapplate is designed to shear off.
Will not damage grill.
He's supplying replacement plate holder below cost - just two screws to replace.

bjrosen | 2 april 2020

I don't get this, why would anyone make a big deal about a front plate? Most states require them, if your state says two plates then put on two plates, this is not the hill you want to die on. Mine came with two plates, looks fine. Tesla in Dedham MA installed them when I took delivery. My only concern was that I wanted to make sure that I got the MA EV plates with the cute little electric car on them wagging it's power cord tail. Tesla usually put those on but they told me that the occasionally run out at the end of a quarter, bought mine at the end of the first month of the quarter so there was no porblem.

geedub1023 | 2 april 2020

@bjrosen Agree with you but some owners like the look of the M3 w/o the front plate.

bjrosen | 2 april 2020

You pick your battles in life. There is no point in wasting your time on an unwinnable cause, the license plate is literally a case of you can't beat city hall. If there was some great principal involved, a civil rights issue for example, then battling against the odds is a noble pursuit. But this is about the most trivial issue imaginable, no court is going to rule in your favor and no state legislature is going to change the law just because a few people don't like the aesthetics of a front license plate. All you can accomplish is to inconvenience yourself and to cost yourself money unnecessary ticket.

ronjolley | 2 april 2020

@bjrosen - pity us. We are not all as pure as your are. Are you religious?

Imgur is kicking my butt. I've spent the past hour trying to:

https://imgur.com/yDTcX34

https://imgur.com/viZGx9M

bjrosen | 2 april 2020

ronjolley@ It's not about purity, it's about wasting your time on something you can't change. If your state requires a front license plate then you need a front license plate unless you enjoy getting tickets.

sidetracked1 | 2 april 2020

Personally, I've ended up with the suggestion made earlier;

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

As a not-too-bad compromise. Between that and getting the legacy CA black plates -- while I'm not over the moon about the front plate, it seems more innocuous and less objectionable... and yet I don't have to worry about tickets.

Obviously everyone's taste is different, but I found this a decent if imperfect solution.

ronjolley | 2 april 2020

@bjrosen You've opened my eyes and made me think that I should look again at some of the decisions that I've made in life. I'm only 72, so there's time to reform, to change.

I want to publicly confess that I sometimes drive my Tesli above the legally posted speed. I've driven as fast as 80 miles an hour. I only do this on the Interstates, not in town. It makes me angry when someone speeds in a neighborhood. I know that my exceeding the speed limit makes me a danger to you and other.

My therapist said that just because others do it and I might be driving at the speed of the traffic flow is not an excuse. As you said, I might not agree with the posted speed, but that's no excuse. It's the law. If I continue this behavior, some day I will have to pay a large fine.

I also drive in the passing lane more than I should when I travel from the Bay Area on I5 down to San Diego. You're only supposed to use this lane when passing slower traffic. I stay in the lane as long as there is no one coming up behind me. The right lane is rutted by the truck traffic. The passing lane is much smoother.

lbowroom | 2 april 2020

I haven’t wasted time putting on a front plate in at least 20 years. No one has ever cared.

NorthValley | 3 april 2020

Why should I care if people put front plates on or not? If they don't, they risk fines. It's their choice. I personally use a 3D printed holder that clamps on the lower grill so no sticking to the paint and no screws. Takes all of 5 seconds to remove when washing and then put back on.

andy.connor.e | 3 april 2020

i dont get why the front plate is a law

Scrannel | 3 april 2020

That way a cop gets two chances to write it down incorrectly.

ronjolley | 10 april 2020

The YouTubers "Now You Know" just did a video on the "Model X SnapPlate". Yes, I will add post on Model X site also. Now You Know is a great channel. They do summary of the news about Tesla every Monday. They do lots of research and have high production quality.

Also visit Living Tesla channel. They created the SnapPlate and have videos about Design, Testing, and Spare Parts. It's designed to break away. Just 2 screws to repair.

ytr3wq | 10 april 2020

@andy.connor.e | April 3, 2020
i dont get why the front plate is a law
--------------------------------------------

When cities (vendors) first started making big money on red light cameras, they only took a picture of the front of the car. Some cities even started ticketing parked cars with no font plate.

My LR wasn't delivered with the front plate frame. So that made the decision for me. I have never been challenged about it, but I haven't parked in places where they often ticket for it.

ytr3wq | 10 april 2020

front plate - lol

Pages