Forums

LA Paint Correction/Ceramic Coating + Wrap Req?

LA Paint Correction/Ceramic Coating + Wrap Req?

Hey super crew,

So while I await the unveiling of the truck, my model X is in the auto body shop correcting a massive amount of vandalism. Sorry no articles on it here w/ sentry mode etc., sentry mode wasnt really working when it happened but hey if in OC/LA you've seen a black X on the 405/110/22/105 etc with various keying on all the panels and the oldschool "cool" S on the rear quarter panel...yeah. Its been 6 months, so yeah you probably have if you frequent those highways (I know I've smiled a sad smile enough while driving). The ligation is done, criminal restraining orders in place and the car is in for the paint repair and parts/deeper keying that could not be corrected with simple filler + paint (yeah its that bad).

Anyway, after the first repairs are done, its time to finish a few things I've always wanted to do (unless somehow amazing plaid edition deals come out and a trade happens). I'd like to do 3 things: First up is a paint correction across the board. Second is a ceramic coating on at least the side panels. Third is a wrap on the hood/top/trunk + clear protective vinyl on the running boards as we do LA to Denver in the winter regularly.

It was impossible for me to find a body shop that would handle anything more than the paint and replacement parts such as the handles that were gouged.

I'm having a similar problem finding a shop that can take the Tesla after said body shop and do any more than one of the next steps. Anyone recommend a shop that will do paint correction and wraps, particularly for Teslas? Barring that, any specific references? I know of several that do full blown alterations but they make me smile. I've been in the scene for far too long and value my $ and my kid's future education costs to drop $60k on a few wrap pieces some trim that will increase the value of the X by nearly nothing and alter performance none at all. At the same time I do appreciate good work and will pay for it. Any particular recommendations/personal experiences in the LA/OC area?

Thank you,

D

P.S. yes this is keyed w/ a screw driver on the quarterpanel. Most of the rest across the rest is profane enough to not pass the FCC guidelines ;)

^
/ \
/ \
/ \
| | |
| | |
\ \ /
\ \/
/\ \
/ \ \
| | |
| | |
\ /
\ /
\ /
v

tesla | 21 november 2019

oh man that got butchered w/ the font on the tesla forums. here: https://codegolf.stackexchange.com/questions/169045/draw-the-cool-s