Forums

Tesla does not want used Tesla...

Tesla does not want used Tesla...

Trading in MX17 100D 40k miles for model 3.
$24k trade in??? Ouch!

00Tesla | 3 december 2019

Also forgot to mention at the end of Aug when I started thinking about the move I got a quote of $56K trade in. Same MX. A $32k drop in 3 months.

TranzNDance | 3 december 2019

Could it be the higher than average mileage?

andy.connor.e | 3 december 2019

Dont know what to say, everyone offers a different trade in value. Has your car been in one or more accidents? That significantly reduces its value.

TranzNDance | 3 december 2019

The Tesla website listed used MX 2017 for multiples of $24k. Perhaps you should do a private sale?

andy.connor.e | 3 december 2019

Regardless of this, i'd always suggest a private sale before going through with the trade in. Yes, trade in is easy, but you have a chance to get more out of your car.

rob | 3 december 2019

Hope this isn't true. I plan on trading in my 3 for my next Tesla. If Tesla lowballs me then one of my 3 kids gets lucky.

00Tesla | 3 december 2019

In response.... my MX has never been in an accident and only about 6K miles since end of August.
It is in perfect condition but Tesla does not even look at it.

TeslaTap.com | 3 december 2019

@00Tesla - You should try car max for a quote. In the past, Tesla would match car max for a trade-in. Still a private party sale will yield you more in most cases. I suspect in most cases Tesla just sells cars to a wholesaler.

Trytomerge | 4 december 2019

How much do you want for it? I just placed a M3 order, but could go for an X.

Trytomerge | 4 december 2019

Looking around, there seems to be a lot of used MX...I think they are in the process of getting squeezed on both sides by the lower priced Y and Cyber Truck...if you just want an in town with elevated ride, the Y is better value and if you want something to handle all conditions, go Cyber.

ernie | 5 december 2019

Tesla sales has been calling me for 18 months wanting me to trade in my 0000516 P90 MX which I spent over $14k on wrap and four more cameras. Told them no. No compelling reason to change. I have 55k on it for mileage and will probably run it till it drops. Do have my res in on a tri-motor with AP. My 18 year old 2500 diesel pickup is getting tired. Only problem is the vehicle will have to camp outside. I put winches on the front and back...2 is 1 and 1 is none. [Insert smiley emoji here]

SO | 5 december 2019

I’d sell mine on onlyusedtesla.com