Forums

Future Model S styljng

Future Model S styljng

Is the Cybertruck a fore-taste of the styling for the next generation of the Model S?
Just asking....

Anthony J. Parisio | 4 december 2019

I don't think that will happen any time soon. However if the truck sales are very good I could see that happening.

jordanrichard | 4 december 2019

No. Trucks are about ruggedness. If you want to know what a MS might look like if styled like the Cybrtrk, just Google Aston Martin Lagonda.

AERODYNE | 4 december 2019

I am happy with my pre refresh look. I stand out in the crowds of M3's invading my neighborhood.

Mark K | 4 december 2019

CyberTuck serves a different audience - brawny utility, and a low maintenance finish.

Model S is a premium car, where many details are done for purely aesthetic objectives.

The 100K sedan buyer looks for those refinements.

The design will certainly evolve, but I’m very impressed with how beautiful it continues to be, despite debuting in 2012.

How many cars look better to you the longer you’ve live with them? This is the first one for me.

That’s a measure of the integrity of the design.

Aggressive yet poised, sleek yet practical.

The only thing prettier right now is the new Roadster.

What a sublime beauty she is, though with less everyday utility, and twice the price.

But the current Model S remains the overall champ.

More performance, sleek visual beauty, practical utility, and value, all wrapped together, than any other car.

2015P90DI | 5 december 2019

AERODYNE | December 4, 2019
I stand out in the crowds of M3's invading my neighborhood.

------------------------------

I agree. When I had my M3, felt like I was in a dime a dozen car that everyone has. Never felt that way with my prior Model S cars and once I gave up on the M3, haven't felt that way since I went back to a Model S again in August. Love having something at least a little different.

Darthamerica | 5 december 2019

I think it's clear post nose cone, Falcon Wings, Model 3 interior and Cybertruck, Tesla will not yield to styling norms if there is a functional benefit that influences styling. I have no idea what Tesla will do but I would not be surprised if the next Model S(Plaid?)looks radically different from what we have now.

Mathew98 | 5 december 2019

It'll be called Turbo Plaid to commend an extra $90K price premium based on the badge alone. Zero improvements necessary!!!

Put your $50K deposit down now before all 99 allocated units are gone!

Oh boy, I got a whiff of the second hand puff from @dumbazz, it was some powerful sh!t...

Silver2K | 6 december 2019

I think the s and x will be discontinued after the plaid edition is released. As per Elon, Tesla does not want to continue building them due to price and only will build for sentimental reasons.

I think the best clue behind my thoughts is when Elon said we will change design of our vehicle every 7 years as the Europeans do. We will be hitting 8 years and no change.

I hope this does not happen.

TabascoGuy | 6 december 2019

"I hope this does not happen." +100

Me either. I did put in a reservation for the CT but I really do like/want the S more.

I think they'll upgrade the look of the S a bit and continue to build them as long as there is demand.

Sam_S | 6 december 2019

Tesla said it delivered 17,400 Model S and X vehicles during the third quarter. That compares with 27,660 Model S and X vehicles in the third quarter of 2018.

Such a sharp decline is indicative of a design too long in the tooth.

I would imagine there’s many other Model S owners like me that want to trade in for a new one but need to be incentivized by a new design and/or technology upgrade like something beyond 100 kWh battery pack with the model 3 batteries, not the ancient Panasonic’s.

Since the new roadster and truck will sport 600 and 500 mile range respectively, the flagship high end Model S is underwhelming in comparison.

I bet a ton of potential Model S orders are awaiting the significant refresh for the next 7-10 years versus getting the older style now.