Forums

Trunk and Frunk randomly opening

Trunk and Frunk randomly opening

This may have been addressed, and, if so, please provide a link to the thread. Occasionally, the trunk and frunk release without a conscious effort on my part to do so. Sometimes I'm in the car using the touch screen, but this morning, I approached the car and opened the door to activate it. I went to unplug the car and pushed the button on the cable and unplugged it. By the time I had returned the cable to the hanger, both the trunk and frunk had released. I closed the frunk and went to close the trunk and the frunk released again. I reset the car and the behavior stopped. Any light you could shed would be appreciated. As a side note, this has never happened when I am driving.

hokiegir1 | 4 december 2019

Do you have a "persistent notification" on your phone? At least, that's what it's called on Android -- where you always have the Tesla logo at the top and if you are close, you get the option to Unlock, Open Trunk or Open Frunk. It's possible that it's hitting in your pocket?

jimglas | 4 december 2019

was your App opened to "control"
Might have been inadvertent touch

lbowroom | 4 december 2019

Totally unrelated as a cause for you, but I had a duffle bag in the frunk that was just the right height to hit the emergency release button upon braking.

mike | 4 december 2019

lbowroom: I had read this before, and I did have a bag in the frunk. At that point, I moved the bag, so the frunk was empty.

hokiegir1: I DID have the notification, and closed it, I'll keep an eye on that.

jimglas: Actual app wasn't open, but notification was, so thanks.

lbowroom | 4 december 2019

Was there a phantom touchscreen problem at one time?

mike | 4 december 2019

lbowroom: What is a phantom touchscreen problem? I've had the objects on the touchscreen jump around on occasion.

daddy88 | 4 december 2019
mike | 4 december 2019

Interesting, daddy88. I've actually had this issue on my touchscreen laptop, but not on the Tesla.