Forums

Tesla APP disappeared from Google playstore android 8.0

Tesla APP disappeared from Google playstore android 8.0

I was trying to see if there is a new update for the Tesla app, but now the app no longer shows up on the google playstore.
I also tried to to update my apps, Tesla app is no longer on the list to allow updates. Did the generic phone reboot just to make
sure, didn't help, app no longer exists.
My phone still has the last installed Tesla app via playstore.

I can download from apkmirror, but for obvious reasons would prefer to get from google play store. I find it odd that this has
happened.

Phone is Honor 7x, android 8.0 OS.

Anyone else see this on their phone/make models?

majassow | 5 december 2019

No. But I did see a new version (4.4), which I just installed. Phone: Xperia XZ2, Android 9

Tom11-18 | 5 december 2019

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing, my Moto G has Android 8.1
Was looking for an excuse to upgrade. ;)

wasserboxer | 5 december 2019

The app disappeared on Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom (ZE553KL) and the app info says
"This app isn't compatible with your device anymore. Contact the developers for more info."

The installed version is 3.10.1-384.
I tried that with the older Samsung S5, and plain no issues there: the app is available, the 3.10.2.something is there, and I have it installed on the Samsung S5.

I had a chat with Tesla support and they mentioned it was already reported to them, but I was referred back to the phone manufacturer.
The issue I noticed on December 5, 2019, but I see references, that already happened in the past.

T_Scheen | 6 december 2019

Seems to be a general problem.
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/new-android-app-release-3102-388-n...

@wasserboxer In my opinion ,the chat support employees from Tesla have no clue. It's definitively a problem with the latest app update, hence app developer.

calvin940 | 6 december 2019

I got to the Google App Store in a browser and the Tesla app is there. It may be phone specific.

normanrindom | 6 december 2019

Same thing on my wife's Huawei. The app does not show up in Goggle Play. I did something, I don't remember what, but I got the app to display but it would not install - There was a message to the effect of it was not compatible with that phone.
Hope they can fix it...
Still waiting on a VIN for a P3D...so we don't need an immediate solution,

normanrindom | 6 december 2019

Same thing on my wife's Huawei. The app does not show up in Goggle Play. I did something, I don't remember what, but I got the app to display but it would not install - There was a message to the effect of it was not compatible with that phone.
Hope they can fix it...
Still waiting on a VIN for a P3D...so we don't need an immediate solution,

Scrannel | 6 december 2019

Lenovo 8.1. Android Blackberry 8.1. Both show and use the app.