Forums

PSA: Defensive Driving

PSA: Defensive Driving

I am not sure about the rest of the world, or the rest of the USA, but NY State offers 10 percent off the liability portion of your insurance if you take an accredited Defensive driving course. Whether in the classroom or online.
In NY, the course is good for a 3 year discount. It also will take up to 4 points off your license.

The class takes a few hours online. It might be worth looking into.
Be safe out there.
Good day to all.

Pg3ibew | 11 december 2019

Everyone knows about this? Then carry on.

Joshan | 11 december 2019

or no one lives in NY

@Joshan, I am ASSUMING other states offer the same. I am probably wrong. Lol

@Joshan, I am ASSUMING other states offer the same. I am probably wrong. Lol

@Joshan, every SHOULD live in NYC. It is the greatest city.

Joshan | 11 december 2019

in the USA states are so different at times, they may as well be a different country.

@Joshan. This is true

ICEMELT | 11 december 2019

This post doesn't belong in M3 forum

cascadiadesign | 11 december 2019

My local Defensive Driving school uses .... a Model 3! Don't know about any insurance benefits however.

Magic 8 Ball | 11 december 2019

I would like an argument please. San Francisco is the greatest city.

M3phan | 11 december 2019

@ Magic 8 Ball, “I see. Well, do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?”

“It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten!”

Let's start with the five minute and see how it goes from there.

Sarah R | 11 december 2019

@Pg3ibew Speaking as a native New Yorker, I respectfully disagree. Everyone should not live in New York, the greatest city in the world. Me York is for New Yorkers. Let the rest of the country suffer.

andy.connor.e | 11 december 2019

NYC is awful

andy.connor.e | 11 december 2019

Oh i actually just read the thread.

@Pg3ibew

I took that course a couple years ago. Thats how i was able to get $1280/yr on my own policy.

@Sarah, LOL. I want everyone to experience our wonderful city!!!! Especially this time of the year. The Big city is at it's best from Thanksgivng to Christmas!!!

@andy, In NYC, it is good for 3 years worth of discounts!!

@Magic, Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. Argument OVER!!!

@Andy, take back your NYC is awful comment!!! Them is fightin words!!!!!

Coming for a visit in 2020. What’s the next best time of year to come?

M8B, Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory. Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

; ))) So classic

@Pg3ibew We don't do Christmas we celebrate Festivus. So looking forward to airing of grievances.

Did you know there is no Santa Claus? Bah Humbug

@magic, I love Festivus. Feats of Strength is my specialty!!!

@Pg3ibew on a business trip to Dallas, one Texan who tried and failed to get to first base with me finally gave up and told me that a Yankee Congress to visit. A damn Yankee stays. I'm certain that the reverse is true. Certainly, let them visit. Especially the ones from Chicago, so that they can learn how to make pizza. And the ones from Seattle. So they know what coffee tastes like.

OFFS autocorrect murdered that.

s/Congress/comes

I must say there is something very special about killing a tree every year and then ridiculing it by putting a bunch of tacky stuff and lights on it, never gets old : ).

Shesmyne2 | 11 december 2019

On topic, there are few experiences like driving in NYC to learn defensive driving.
Super fun. Taxis don’t count.

Still Grinning ;-)

Tesla2018 | 11 december 2019

AAA offers classes in FL if you are 50 or older and you get a discount on your insurance.

Palm Beach is the greatest city. Trump comes here all the time and declared it his home so he must be right! Why else would he leave the great State of Overtaxation otherwise known as New York.

johnmann | 11 december 2019

There is a similar program in Washington state.

Pg3ibew | 12 december 2019

@andy. Lmao.
@shemyne, NYC driving is rhe best!! Lmao. Like playing real life bumper cars. Lmao
@Sarah, damn those Texans. Lmao. So right about the pizza and coffee.
@magic, you have no idea what you are missing. Come visit. Give me a call. Pizza will be on me!!!

@tesla2018, you can have him. We never liked him. Ever. But, I digress. Come to NYC and have some pizza!!

Magic 8 Ball | 12 december 2019

@Pgibew I might get there someday. I used to go to NJ on business and have seen Manhattan, before 9/11, and the Statue of Liberty, from Liberty park, and I did like what I saw.

I want to go to B&H photo, Coney Island, and go to a Broadway Show.

3 of my favorite things. I am a photographer. A bad amatuer. Lol. I have neen to B and H once or twice. I love Coney Island. My bride and I are always there. Best pizzeria in the entire world is there.
And we have seen a few broadway shows.
We travel manhattan alot

Let me rephrase that. We are in Manhattan all the time.

Sarah R | 12 december 2019

For those who find themselves in Orange County, CA there's a pizza place in Laguna Niguel that's the real thing. The woman who owns it started it 30 years ago. She had been in the pizza business in Brooklyn, NY. When she moved to California she got freed up because she couldn't get a decent slice of pizza. So she went into business again.

Slice of the Pie in Laguna Niguel. It's the best pizza west of the Hudson River.

Varricks | 12 december 2019

Magic 8 Ball | December 11, 2019
"I would like an argument please. San Francisco is the greatest city".

Uh, yeah. Unless you try to drive through it on those Grand Canyon-like "roads". Or, try to drive to SF on what's left of the cow trails leading into The City. Or, if you'd like to walk down the street and play slaloms trying to avoid all the human scum they seem to happy to host. Or if you need to park. Or if you'd like to pay for dinner without the taxes.
It was the greatest city. Watch "Vertigo" for proof. Now, it's just another dystopian illustration of the Collapse of Western Culture.The politics have destroyed the place, and there's no sign of recovery. Nor even attempts at it.

@Varricks I am in the general forum with a thread titled: "I would like an argument please" if you want to argue more on this : )

@Varricks, those are some tough word about SF.
@Magic and I were having a little fun back and forth. I will gladly pay for pizza if the two of you come to my bug city!!

billstanton | 12 december 2019

CA sucks. All of it. If I wasn't married, didn't have kids, didn't already own my house, didn't like the weather, if PGE doesn't burn my house down, if it weren't for Prop 13 practically freezing my property tax 30 years ago, I would move anyplace else in a second.

@billstanton Aside from the forest fires, earthquakes, homeless, tsunamis, potholes, med fly invasions, school yard shootings, riots, serial killers, sink holes, kidnappings, drive by shootings, and tourists from france, it ain't all that bad.

andy.connor.e | 12 december 2019

@M8B

You forgot Volcanoes. And alot of them for that matter.