Forums

Profile details: FSD removed

Profile details: FSD removed

Hi,

I bought my M3 with EAP and was promised an upgrade to FSD. This info was sent to me by SMS beginning of March 2018 and my profile (vehicle details) correctly started showing this a bit later.
As of now, the details page has reverted to only show EAP.

I’ve got screenshots of the SMS and my profile to prove I’m not making this up and I wonder how to get the correct status back. My ServiceCenter said they are unable to do anything other than forward the issue.

Thanks!

René

stingray.don | 18 december 2019

How did you get promised a free upgrade to FSD when everyone else had to pay for it? Doesn’t sound right to me. Regardless, you’ll need to talk to Tesla. If you aren’t able to resolve the issue, and you feel you have a binding contract for FSD, then take it to small claims court.

rob | 18 december 2019

@rene.ruppert
From my experience, you should get the no cost upgrade to FSD. The no cost upgrade from EAP to FSD was for deliveries in March 2019. If you have written confirmation from Tesla you should be able to get it. Keep pressing and try talking with Managers of Showrooms and Service Centers.

I took delivery in Jan 2019 w/ EAP. I was under the impression I would get an upgrade to FSD at not extra cost. Called Tesla and got a verbal confirmation that I would. I didn't have it in writing but Tesla admitted that I was told I would get it. It never showed up. So, I went to talk to a Showroom Manager. He investigated and found that my car was not eligible. It was only for cars delivered in March 2019. Tesla did roll back the price for me so I bought it.

rob | 18 december 2019

Oh, you received in March 2018? That might make it more difficult.
Just keep pressing them. Your documentation should help.

rene.ruppert | 18 december 2019

Thanks for the input. The question is how to best "press". My only contact possibility is the SeC via the app.

And yes, I got the car in March and there was a program that offered free FSD upgrades.

So I learned that Tesla Germany has got a support hotline which I was able to call. They confirmed that the FSD flag is indeed set in the car and the issue is only with the profile on the website. They created a ticket with the web team to fix this.
Related to this, the support person also confirmed that information regarding free upgrades from hardware 2.5 to 3.0 will be sent out beginning next year.

stingray.don | 19 december 2019

Glad you got it resolved