Forums

One-off preconditioning

One-off preconditioning

Hi All,

During the winter, I will often but randomly decide the next morning is a ski day. Otherwise, I might not drive that day at all

I’d like to have the cabin & battery ready by whatever time I’m planning on leaving, typically 6 or 8.

I know about scheduled departure, but it's not the best solution for this (though it may be the only one at present), because A.) I’ve got to go sit in the car to turn it on (or cancel it if the forecast sours); and B.) presumably I then have to turn it off again after using it, since I don’t need it 6 out of 7 days of the week and don’t want to waste juice or charge cycles.

Forcibly charging manually even earlier in the AM is a hack; I just want the cabin temp and regen at peak state, not more e's forced into the cells.

If there’s a better way to do this, please let me know. Ideally I’d be able to schedule a single departure date/time night before from my phone. Am I asking too much? :)

AmpedToGo | 19 december 2019

I don’t know of a way to do this unfortunately.

Wish Tesla would separate the charging and pre-conditioning parts of the scheduled departure feature. I just want the car to charge right away but schedule cabin pre-conditioning on weekdays when the outside temp is below X degrees.

derotam | 19 december 2019

"not more e's forced into the cells"

It's either putting "e's" in to the pack or out of the pack to warm it. Pick your poison....or heat your garage.

There is no good way at this time to do what you want. The best thing right now is to set the scheduled departure, and then turn it back off. It would be nice to have this available in the phone though. I think that will most likely be updated in the app in the future...on Elon time of course though.

andy.connor.e | 19 december 2019

Easiest way to get what you want is to start charging an appropriate amount of time before you leave so your battery is warm. Wake up at 6 or 7 and decide you want to go, run to your car and start the charging, and then get ready to go skiing. I dont see how thats so hard. Especially if you're going to be sporadic with it randomly deciding that morning you're going to do it.