Forums

2013 Model S Touch Entry Functionality Lost

2013 Model S Touch Entry Functionality Lost

Maybe I'm the only person on the planet with a 2013 Model S without the tech package. If there is anyone else out there, I have a question for you. Did you recently lose the touch-to-open functionality? I know we don't have auto-present, but this is not the same thing. I used to be able to unlock the car by touching the driver's side handle, but earlier this year it stopped working. At first I thought it was a key battery thing. Not. Then I figured it was a hardware problem, but the Tesla service guy tested everything and it isn't a hardware problem. My theory is that some idiot developer thought touch entry and auto-present are the same thing, and wrote it out of the firmware for non-tech people. I'm sorry, but my car should not be going backwards in terms of convenience. Now it's no better than the 2000 VW Passat I had before this car, with having to click the fob. I am incredibly frustrated at getting the run-around about this.

ATCRomes | 22 december 2019

Why does everyone always go and compare to some random car from the past??

I'm assuming you messed around with the auto present settings to see if something would give. Did you also try a scroll wheel restart? What firmware are you on?

jordanrichard | 22 december 2019

If your handle is not coming out, I assume then you are getting into the car via another door? If the handle isn’t presenting upon the touch, it is the pressure sensor that failed. Common issue.