Forums

Cream interior

Cream interior

Anyone know if the cream interior will be available in the Model Y? Much better looking than black or white!

TeslaTap.com | 10 januari 2020

Doubtful, but who knows? Tesla made a major effort to reduce options on all models to simplify production. It does reduce costs, which has helped reduce the cost of each model. I loved the customization we used to be able to have back in the good ol'days, but such is life :)

Yodrak. | 10 januari 2020

"I loved the customization we used to be able to have back in the good ol'days, but such is life "

Going off on a tangent, especially with respect to the opinion of many that the Model S and Model X need a refresh, I personally think that providing a few more choices in pant and interior colors could boost sagging sales even if it did add a bit to cost. With respect to Models 3 and Y, choice of only black or white interior may not hold down sales much, if at all, but it would still be worth a bit of extra cost for many people to have the option for a couple of additional interior colors.

Personally, my wife and I love the cream interior in our red Model S - it takes the edge off the the stark contrast of a white interior, and a black interior is so depressing. I'm hoping to replace my aging Leaf with a Model Y and would be happy to pay extra for a color other than black or white.

hcwhy | 10 januari 2020

If there can only two choices of interior colors, I would opt for a tan/cream/beige and a gray.

TeslaTap.com | 10 januari 2020

There is a company in LA that does offer a range of color seat changes for the Model 3, and I thought the prices reasonable at the time, but I haven't checked if they changed. Might be worth it: https://tsportline.com/collections/tesla-model-3-seat-upgrade-kit

Tropopause | 11 januari 2020

Cream is a dream!

White is bright!

Black is not depressing!

jordanrichard | 12 januari 2020

Ok, are we walking about the cream seats/door panel inserts or the cream colored carpeting?

I once had a loaner that had the cream colored carpeting and it definitely looked more upscale but as practical as crossing the ocean in a row boat........

hcwhy | 12 januari 2020

IMHO black interiors ARE depressing, and they certainly are too hot down here in Florida.

Yodrak. | 12 januari 2020

"the cream colored carpeting and it definitely looked more upscale but as practical as crossing the ocean in a row boat"

In what way did you find cream-colored carpeting to be not practical?

TeslaTap.com | 12 januari 2020

I love light colored carpets - but then I don't have kids and don't drive much in the mud :)

I currently have Tan carpets, 3 years now and still, look great. Makes the car seem larger inside, and you can actually see the footwell lights. With black carpets, you may not even know you have footwell lights. Here some images for comparison of black vs tan carpets: https://teslatap.com/modifications/footlight-led-enhancement/#results

vitaman | 12 januari 2020

Cream and white certainly brighten the interior but the Black is not depressing. My wife's Black X with black textile interior is stunning and my Midnight SilverX with Chrome delete and Black vegan leather interior is quietly dramatic and rich.