Forums

Does anyone have high beam gray symbol disappear/not working?

Does anyone have high beam gray symbol disappear/not working?

The gray auto beam symbol has disappeared from my touchscreen and are not working even though I have it set to auto. Anyone else? Going to do a service request but just wondering if many others are having this issue.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 15 januari 2020

It is easily turned off by pulling turn signal stock towards you. Just push it away from you and it will reappear or check if you turn it off in setting under Lights section.

It is easily turned off by pulling turn signal stock towards you. Just push it away from you and it will reappear or check if you turn it off in setting under Lights section.

rxlawdude | 15 januari 2020

I saw this issue last Summer. The high beams would be on by default, and you could turn them off with a pull of the turn signal stalk, but pushing the stock would not have any effect. This was coincidentally at a time when AP shut down complaining about a hardware fault. But Tesla service used a scanner and was able to reboot the supposedly bad camera and everything has been peaches since.

Try a deep reboot - the power off and let it sit a few minutes, which puts the car into deep sleep. When turned back on, it seems many of the hardware modules reboot and resolve transient glitches.

Evie3 | 15 januari 2020

Thank you @WW_spb, it worked! :)

rxlawdude | 15 januari 2020

Sorry, I thought it was a technical problem being asked about.

Stalk*
And you are welcome