Forums

PAS DOORS / FALCON DOORS AND TRUNK

PAS DOORS / FALCON DOORS AND TRUNK

WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR WHILE THE FALCON DOOR WAS CLOSING, THEY HAD COLLIDED.
PAINT WAS CHIPPED AWAY. I WONDER IF THIS IS NORMAL BECAUSE WHEN I PICKED UP THIS VEHICLE 2 WEEKS AGO, THE DELIVERY PERSON AT THE STORE DID NOT MENTION IT.

AND YESTERDAY, WHILE MY TRUNK WAS OPENED, I TRIED TO OPEN THE PASSENGER SIDE FALCON DOOR, IT JUST SWUNG UP AND HIT THE TRUNK DOOR.
WHEN I TRIED TO CLOSE IT, IT JUST FROZE. WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR, IT TOO HIT THE FALCON DOOR....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON??? CAN'T OPEN ALL THE DOORS ARE THE SAME TIME?????

shinytop | 25 februari 2020

Have had my X for four months and have had occasion to open all doors to include the Christmas show. Never had any doors collide. Suggest you operate with caution and make appointment with service center soonest.

inconel | 25 februari 2020

Yes no collision on mine either. Your doors seem to be misaligned A LOT. The Falcon door hitting the trunk hatch is VERY STRANGE.

Uncle Paul | 25 februari 2020

If, perfaps, your Tesla was parked on a slope, the doors might collide. Should not happen on a level surface.

Vawlkus | 26 februari 2020

They should not collide unless they are misaligned. Mine get close, but they can’t touch.

liftsrock | 26 februari 2020

Never had this problem with my 2018 X 75D. Owner's manual cautions against standing near the doors when opening or closing front and FW doors because clearance between them is only a few inches but I can't see how a FWD can collide with the trunk door under any circumstances . . . I'd need to see a video of this.

inconel | 26 februari 2020

Yes the FWD hitting the trunk hatch is kinda fishy

mbirnie51 | 26 februari 2020

I don't want to discount your concern, but having had my MX for 35 months and multiple opening of all doors, I've never had this happen, on level ground or sloped ground. The arcs of the most extreme ends of any passenger door and FWD DO NOT intersect. Same with the FWD and the trunk hatch. Either you're on a very sloped piece of land or there is a GROSS misalignment. I would think a poor alignment would keep the doors from fully closing too....very suspect post as @yuklamchueng didn't mention this. His explanation of the FWD and trunk open and the passenger door colliding is way out there. Lets see how this pans out if/when OP comes back with Service Centers diaognosis, and a print out of it too to verify his concern.