Forums

2020.8.1 tonight

2020.8.1 tonight

Phone app notified that 2020.8.1 was ready for install.
Car is at home in the garage. Took 25 minutes.
Won't see change notes til tomorrow.

Scrannel | 6 maart 2020

Malibu. Right now (8:45 PM PST).

lbowroom | 6 maart 2020

Huh, read a report that it was pulled. Glad to see that wasn’t true

shawncordell | 6 maart 2020

I just got it...

Voice command work super awesome now. Not a single hiccup with over 20 commands.

shawncordell | 6 maart 2020

^ Texas. M3P.

Forgot that part...

virgored | 7 maart 2020

@shawncordell
do you have a list of the commands that work?

shawncordell | 7 maart 2020

@virgored No, I don’t. I actually had to scroll through the release notes because I couldn’t remember them. Then I tried random things that I could think of. Like call this person or play this song or text this person. I’m happy to report that it works flawless now.

SalisburySam | 7 maart 2020

Definitely not pulled. TeslaFi shows almost 900 installs in the last 3 days across S, X, and 3, mostly 3. Would like to hear from someone whether phantom braking has been eliminated for them if they experienced that in v4.1 like I still do.

shawncordell | 7 maart 2020

@salisbury I never had phantom braking. Is that something that happens with AP engaged?

EVRider | 7 maart 2020

I got 2020.8.1 in my Model S last night (updated from 2020.4.1). The release notes mentioned two changes, Bluetooth improvements and better voice command reliability. The Bluetooth change is that the car won’t pair with your phone until you get in the car and close the doors, so the car won’t hijack phone calls while you’re getting in. The voice command note mentions that you should press and release the voice button, don’t hold it down while talking.

There may be additional changes for Model 3, haven’t received that one yet.

drollinger5 | 7 maart 2020

The Install reported 25 minutes, but I am sure it took nearly an hour. So give yourself time.
I thought we were going to get longer range with newer X, but nothing seems to be affected in that area. I Have a Raven.

Scrannel | 7 maart 2020

Three notes on my Performance 3: Bluetooth (as described); better voice commands; and the enhanced track mode settings.

Magic 8 Ball | 7 maart 2020

Did the glow from the rear brake lights change in the UI? I had trouble seeing the tail light glow on the image and now I see the glow on virtual pavement (like the headlamps now).

ytr3wq | 7 maart 2020

I hope the "Thumbs down" voice command will be activated. It is all about the tunes!

Everything else is close to perfect already, since I don't have any of the self-driving features. Tesla already fixed/improved all of the previous bugs/issues I care about. :-)

I hope y'all get want you want with this release too.

wayne | 7 maart 2020

I can now walk up to my car without it disconnecting Spotify on my phone. :-)

Jeff Hudson | 7 maart 2020

The V10.2 (2020.8.1 ae1963092ff8) update is fantastic with regard to the improvements in the behavior of the Adaptive Cruise Control actions. I have FSD Hardware V2.5 (Sept 2018) and I never liked the way ACC behaved when approaching a traffic light with vehicles already stopped in front of me. My learned behavior was to disengage ACC and reengage after the light changed and we were up to speed again. Now, with this update ACC detects stopped traffic much sooner. It detects is so much sooner that it begins to feather in regenerative braking just like I would and the transition to actual hardware braking is undetectable. I am amazed. It is an improvement like this that tells me Tesla is absolutely on the right track with their FSD programming. I'll state it again. I am amazed. I wish I could have seen the look on my own face when I felt and saw this improved ACC behavior.

Lonestar10_1999 | 7 maart 2020

@jeff - any improvement in Smart Summon?

notify_craig | 7 maart 2020

Anyone know whether traffic visualizations that were introduced last last year are out with this release, for Canadians, a la: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/krazy-kanucks-are-you-getting-visu... ?

notify_craig | 7 maart 2020

@Jeff Hudson - I'm soooo glad to hear that! I've never been a fan of how "anxious" TACC is, both accelerating and braking. Looking very forward to getting the update and trying this out. Thanks.

SalisburySam | 7 maart 2020

@shawncordell, phantom braking is a TACC “feature” not AP.

jhbisker | 7 maart 2020

Greetings - I have an M3P (Dec2019, EAP, FSD) and received the 2020.8.1 update and all seems great...except; the car seems to be reacting to cars turning across its path way too soon in city driving, going approximately 30-45 mph. It sees cars that are hundreds of feet away and then slows (medium-hard regen for quarter to half a sec). It’s like riding with new driver, way too cautious. I mention to see if others are experiencing this - was not like this up til now. My wife noted it as well as a passenger. And I appreciate it being cautious, but not sure the drivers behind me as appreciative. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

jhbisker | 7 maart 2020

Greetings - I have an M3P (Dec2019, EAP, FSD) and received the 2020.8.1 update and all seems great...except; the car seems to be reacting to cars turning across its path way too soon in city driving, going approximately 30-45 mph. It sees cars that are hundreds of feet away and then slows (medium-hard regen for quarter to half a sec). It’s like riding with new driver, way too cautious. I mention to see if others are experiencing this - was not like this up til now. My wife noted it as well as a passenger. And I appreciate it being cautious, but not sure the drivers behind me as appreciative. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

M3phan | 7 maart 2020

@ jhbisker, my car has been doing that since summer 2018 but has gotten less severe.

jjgunn | 7 maart 2020

Friday March 6 -- Model X 100D w/FSD (HW 3.0 recently upgraded from 2.5)

Installed in about 45 minutes.

Link https://imgur.com/a/kJ1uMfZ

RES IPSA | 7 maart 2020

I am glad Bluetooth wont get activated until I actually get in the car. It has been annoying that I when I open up my rear door to put my briefcase in and hang my jacket that the car would pick up the call.

Mikealanni | 7 maart 2020

I noticed this version are less confident in change lane manually also it didn't change one time in a road I was using it for the whole year owning a Tesla. Also couple times did phantom braking because two things, one because a car in the right lane and it thinks it will merge because of wrong map information and the wrong speed on the same highway speed is 65 and Tesla reading it as 45 and that was scary as hell

lbowroom | 7 maart 2020

In those cases, no need to get scared. Just use your right foot to achieve the desired speed. You are in total control and have the final input.

bjrosen | 8 maart 2020

Still haven't received it, someone mentioned that they might have stopped the roll out. Has anyone received it in a Model 3 in the last 24 hours?

Magic 8 Ball | 8 maart 2020

Yes, we got our almost exactly 24 hours ago (after the rumor of the stop).

JAD | 8 maart 2020

Don't stress, very few have received the update. You will get it within a couple weeks.

PECo CT | 8 maart 2020

@RES IPSA

“I am glad Bluetooth wont get activated until I actually get in the car.”

I’ve hijacked my wife’s conference calls when she was working from home by getting into the car. She’ll be thrilled if it never happens again.

Scrannel | 8 maart 2020

So, did this update come in two flavors? One with Track 2 (or something -- which I got) for Performance, and not for all others? Thanks

sheldon.mike1010 | 8 maart 2020

I don't like how it over-reacts to a car turning left a block ahead. Ridiculous.

-TheJohn- | 8 maart 2020

Better safe than sorry. At least you know it'll happen every time and can be in charge eh?

lbowroom | 8 maart 2020

It’s not 2 flavors, just that model specific features are appropriately active or not. RWD is different than AWD, is different than Performance etc.

billyfraser87 | 8 maart 2020

Would this update be stopping me from actually receiving the file on board to download the boost upgrade on 2020 M3 LR?

JAD | 9 maart 2020

I just got 8.1, so maybe the rollout will pick up speed.

beaver | 9 maart 2020

Big push happening I just got the download

lbowroom | 9 maart 2020

"Would this update be stopping me from actually receiving the file on board to download the boost upgrade on 2020 M3 LR?"

No, there is no download when you buy the boost upgrade. The "map" is already on board. As soon as you buy it, your screen will reboot, when it wakes up standard acceleration will be replaced with sport.

Mr. E | 9 maart 2020

Just downloading in the UK. Looking forward to track mode 2 but I hope I can now say “call mum” and it not tell me “mom” cannot be found

That’s how good the car is, my only gripe is that.

OBMinWI | 9 maart 2020

wow ... just took it in track mode for a couple of 'laps' around my subdivision. with adding the TeslaTrackMode folder to the USD drive root folder, you get the lap video - which is just the front camera, but also a csv file measuring about 30 data points. in my 5 min drive, it registered 14k lines of data. lots of fun data for geeks like me! it was like real-life Mario Kart. you drop a pin as a start/finish line and it records your laps. I can't wait until the power-ups and opponents get added :)

alex.rogers | 10 maart 2020

I got it overnight (M3P, Oct 2019). I'm excited to play with the new Track Mode settings. Definitely felt different in TM on the twisty bits of my drive this morning, almost started to seem like a real car. Can't wait to test it out with a rear drive bias.

beaver | 10 maart 2020

Full regen in track mode is twice as strong as normal, love it!

andy | 10 maart 2020

Downloaded in UK. Release notes say it has the FSD visualisations. They also say the 3rd party changer locations are for other countries for now, but updates to follow.

Looking forward to driving in the morning to see what it’s like.

DiminishedSeventh | 10 maart 2020

Just got it here as well. LR AWD in Chicago. Anyone notice the new 20” gray performance wheels? Or is it not new and I just didn’t notice it before? Also just saw the Gemini wheels available for the Model 3. This could also be old news, I don’t check the tire section of the Tesla shop often.

Also just noticed that the app wakes my car almost immediately over WiFi now. I park in an underground garage with weak LTE signal and with all the older firmware versions it seems like it was trying to wake via LTE and sometimes would take several minutes. I’ve tried it 3 or 4 times over the last 6 hours or so and it hasn’t taken more than 5 seconds each time. I’ll leave it alone overnight and try again in the morning to see if this behavior remains. Good news for me since I have great WiFi signal but weak LTE in the garage!

Sarah R | 10 maart 2020

I thought I saw someone make the comment but now I can't find it.

Does this release support exFAT on USB devices?

WardT | 10 maart 2020

2018 LR RWD with update 2020.8.1 today. I went for a short drive afterwards and it barked (beeped and flashed warning statement) at me at least 3 times when everything was in control. I have the warning setting at "early”. If a vehicle ahead is making a right turn from my lane onto a side street, it has always barked way early. No change with the new release. Another time today the car ahead was slowing or stopped for a light and it beeped. Then again I was driving along and it beeped and pulled back to the middle of the lane as if I was absentmindedly drifting out of my lane. None of these situations came with autopilot or cruise control on. I did save the camera footage to see if I really drifted out of my lane. Certainly seems more sensitive and I will change the control away from “early” alarm.

@Sarah R that’s what I had read as well. I haven’t tried it yet, but will try sometime this week!

Nakid | 10 maart 2020

Just installed tonight. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet.

Pages