Forums

I'm still confused about the earliest time for reserving the Model ≡

I'm still confused about the earliest time for reserving the Model ≡

Sorry to be bringing this up again. At first I understood that the stores would open on the 31st at 10:00am PST. This would translate to 1:00pm on the East Coast, where I am. More recently, I read some posts which claimed that the stores on the East Coast would be open for reservations at 10:00am LOCAL TIME.

Can someone who is knowledgeable set the record straight. I would very much appreciate that.

Thanks.

KevinR.co.us | 26 maart 2016

10:00 PST (No matter where you live)

KP in NPT | 26 maart 2016

See I thought that changed. And when we called our sales rep he told us it would be 10am local.

KP in NPT | 26 maart 2016

(for us local is EDT.)

JeffreyR | 26 maart 2016

The last email I received from Tesla reads:
"The first, which will allow you to get a better spot in the queue, is to visit your local Tesla store when it opens on March 31st. Second is to make a reservation online at Tesla.com when the live unveil starts at 8:30pm PDT."

I believe since they are doing regional queues that lining up at local time makes the most sense. Just check w/ your local Store or Gallery.

HWF | 26 maart 2016

It appears that my confusion is well founded. I asked for someone who is knowledgeable to set me straight, and I received two conflicting opinions.

Tâm | 26 maart 2016

@HWF

LOCAL TIME is correct.

There are more than 400 voluntary self-reporting sign ups of where and when to show up globally:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VtU7w34dtHhmz5loGG0xEkZwc-VvppSG...

10 PDT was initially the rule last week.

However, as of Tuesday, 3/22/2016, reports were coming in globally, all over the world as well as the US that the rule was changed and California Time is no longer enforced to other stores outside of the state.

There was only a single confused Tesla staff on the East coast on that day who thought that last week's rule was the latest rule.

It is now official that Australia will get their reservations first when it opens up its stores on Thursday, 3/31/2016 09:00 AM local time, which is only Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 3:00:00 PM California time.

Then, it'll be China, Japan, Europe, then at last, continent of America.

Please refer to your local time of store opening, not California Time for in-person reservations.

Online reservation is till California-centric time. No change for online.

jordanrichard | 26 maart 2016

You could call your local store, since that is where you would be going anyways.

stephen.kamichik | 26 maart 2016

According to the salesman at my SC, deposits will be taken as soon as the SC opens. I live in Montreal.

Haggy | 28 maart 2016

Tesla has stated that each region will have its own queue. It therefore would make no sense to coordinate things with California time, since taking a reservation hours before California showrooms open up won't affect anybody negatively in any other region.

bj | 28 maart 2016

Tam is mostly right. Australia will get their reservations first since we have the easternmost Tesla stores in the world, but the Sydney store is opening at 8am not 9am on Thursday, which is 2pm California time on Wednesday. I'll be lining up there, a full 30 hours before the car is revealed :)

So although I'll be among first in the world to make a Model 3 reservation, we'll be the very last to get them, because we are a RHD market and Tesla have said RHD markets (UK, Japan, Australia, India, South Africa...) go last. I'm hoping at least the bugs will be ironed out by then...

christophe | 29 maart 2016

I received an e-mail from the Dania Beach, FL store that reservations will begin when the store opens at 10AM.

apsley | 29 maart 2016

If you really want to be first (or second, because as of this writing one person is already lined up), fly to Australia and line up at the Tesla store there.