Forums

Do not share your Reservation Number (RN)!

Do not share your Reservation Number (RN)!

Tesla will be assigning you two numbers. A Reservation Number (RN) and a Reservation Sequence Number (RSN). Thee Reservation Number (RN)is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private and not shared. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. It may be a while before you see your Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others.

The Model3Tracker.info will become active probably late tonight. Once you get your RSN you should update the tracker with yout RSN. I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

taylor | 31 maart 2016

What exactly is the harm in sharing your RN?

Why does Tesla expose it to you in the first place?

Captain_Zap | 31 maart 2016

I was informed that here will be no sequence numbers, only RN numbers.
RN number is your order identification number.

Captain_Zap | 31 maart 2016

I was informed that here will be no sequence numbers, only RN numbers.
RN number is your order identification number.

PBEndo | 31 maart 2016

No problem here - Tesla hasn't even shared the my RN number with me.

Dr. Toonhattan | 31 maart 2016

PBEndo, click on "my tesla" and you should see it.

danCE | 31 maart 2016

Dr. T. - we've tried that. It's not yet showing up for many of us.

Qball | 31 maart 2016

@Dr. Toon, it seems only previous Tesla owners are receiving RN numbers right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ssarker | 31 maart 2016

Current owner. No RN number on My Tesla page.

danCE | 31 maart 2016

Qb, I'm a current owner (S85D) and I don't yet have my RN.

mntlvr23 | 31 maart 2016

I am NOT a current owner, but HAVE been sent a RN. I was the first reservation of the 250 in line at 10am at Tysons Tyco Rd

PBEndo | 31 maart 2016

Has anybody that reserved 2 cars received an RN (or 2 RN's))?

Bluesday Afternoon | 31 maart 2016

I am a current owner in California and completed the process at 11:17 am (PDT) and it is now 4:05 pm without receiving the RN. My AMEX account showed a pending charge from Tesla by 12:00 pm (less than an hour). I'm assuming reservations taken on the East coast will receive RN's before us. Hoping to get the RN before the "Unveil" at 8:40 pm.

PBEndo | 31 maart 2016

Toon and qball
I am a previous owner, reserved 2 cars this morning and received the confirmation email. I have checked the My Tesla page. No RN.

Tâm | 31 maart 2016

@PBEndo

You should receive 1 RN per car.

Since you ordered 2, you should get 2 different RNs.

In the past, e-mail receipt would have your RN(s). Does it this time?

Mike G | 31 maart 2016

My confirmation email doesn't show RN, but My Tesla page now show my Model S and Model 3 reservation with RN number, which is 9 digits starting with 108.

Mike G | 31 maart 2016

I saw somebody reserved three Model 3s and posted the corresponding three different RNs.

chris_croitoru | 1 april 2016

I see my RN on MyTesla but I don't understand the meaning of it. I thought I would have a number between 1-115.000. Instead, it's a 108xxxxxx type of number. Anyone knows more about it?

PBEndo | 1 april 2016

@Tâm
I was just wondering if the discrepancy in confirmations might have been explained by number of orders.

I received the email about an hour after ordering, but it did not have RN's. The RN's showed up overnight on My Tesla page

john.tara.ford | 1 april 2016

I have an RN but never received a confirmation email. Go figure

Captain_Zap | 1 april 2016

@chris

The RN is a random number that identifies your order. We tried for months to cipher the number when we were waiting for the Model S to come out. It was determined to be random.

brialeon | 1 april 2016

@darryl not sure how to send message? I received email confirmation but the my tesla page gives no information other than my name on options to reserve other Tesla items?

TSLAPWR | 1 april 2016

Current Northern California owner, received RN number last night.

danny.vu | 1 april 2016

@PBEndo
I have 2 seperate RN showing up on my account but FYI I still didn't get an email yet.... However, I did confirm that person #2 in line got theirs.

brialeon | 1 april 2016

I'm I'm ca my family member see there RN info on my tesla but I don't any suggestions

Haggy | 1 april 2016

I've decided to write a decoder for the reservation number, explaining what it means. Keep in mind that this is preliminary.

Char Type Explanation
---- -------- -------------------------------------------------
1-2 "RN" Stands for "reservation number.
3-5 3 digit number Either a 107, 108, or something else
6 number a digit 0-9
7 number a digit 0-9
8 number a digit 0-9
9 number a digit 0-9
10 number a digit 0-9
11 number a digit 0-9

I hope this clarifies things.

JAD | 1 april 2016

Just appeared on MyTesla page, but no email.

jlxjl | 1 april 2016

On my tesla page, I have two RN numbers: A six digit for my MX and a nine digit for my M3. But I have not received an email confirmation for the M3.

kkramer1990 | 1 april 2016

Been 27 hours for me, card charged, no email yet or updated on tesla. I'll just stay patient lol

kkramer1990 | 1 april 2016

Been 27 hours for me, card charged, no email yet or updated on tesla. I'll just stay patient lol

jlxjl | 1 april 2016

It is obvious that there is some manual process to this. I think Tesla underestimated the pre-order. Be patient, we have two years before production starts.

sloch2004 | 1 april 2016

My card was charged at 7:45 pm California time and it still says pending on my credit card online statement. At some point if Tesla doesn't complete the charge it will automatically cancel.
Then where does that put me?? I have no RN number and no confirmation email. Frustrated and trying to being patient.

jlxjl | 1 april 2016

@sloch, good post. Tesla does monitor the forum. Hopefully, they'll act accordingly.

pilotSteve | 1 april 2016

I reseved last night, right as the live event opened. Credit charge "pending" as of noon Pacific, till no email as of 4pm, *BUT* I just checked mytesla and I have an RN.

Really want to see that email with my sequence number!!! But glad the order is acknowledged.

Idea: since I am a current owner, maybe they won't issue sequence numbers for a day or two while they match orders with current owners. That would be ok with me....

Mcgurk | 1 april 2016

No email, no RN. Charge showed immediately though.

Dhruv | 1 april 2016

I got my email but the email did not have the RN# in it. The RN# was only visible under My Tesla. Not a current owner, but was one of the first people in-person at the store on Mar 31.

scott.hubbard | 1 april 2016

Received my reservation confirmation email earlier this afternoon. No RN# or RSN# in the email or the letter attached to the email. Letter states that I have "secured the approximate priority within your region," whatever that means. My Tesla does reflect my RN# but no RSN#.

Jsegovia83 | 1 april 2016

Preordered @1pm in Santa Monica, just got my email confirmation about 20 mins ago. Took about 26 hours to receive it, it didn't contain any new information. Just said it was confirmed that I ordered it. I checked my tesla account earlier today and that's where I saw the RN number. Card was charged immediately after I left the store. Not sure what it means but I'm excited

sbeggs | 1 april 2016

Current Model S owner, reserved online at 9 pm PDT as unveiling ended. Received email at 6 pm April 1, and Reservation number showed up on MyTesla soon after. Stoked!

arajiv | 1 april 2016

in Toronto, booked in store, 6:30pm est on 31st, received RN email on 7:04pm on 4/1 and RN does show up on my tesla .. so looks like 24 hrs lead time before you get your RN

JAD | 1 april 2016

Per the original topic, is there any reason to keep my RN secret? Not sure why anyone would care, but if I am missing something...

Reserved at store at 3 PM, card showed charge, RN in MyTesla 20 hours later, got the email at 3:30 next day.

kendungey | 1 april 2016

I had only received a email with a conformation of reservation and a PDF of the reservation terms and conditions.
My account showed nothing. But I just looked and now there are the two reservation order numbers, one starts with 107 and the other 108.
I sat in line yesterday for 3 hours so I do not know where I am in line but hopefully not too far behind.
I cannot wait for my M3, I love everything about it.

mike.mcn | 1 april 2016

@Daryl

How can we send you a private message?

Mike

bryan.whitton | 1 april 2016

Booked reservation in Sunnyvale store. I received email late last night and have two reservation numbers as expected. I am not a current owner of either an S or an X.

BAT1 | 2 april 2016

I'm a UK res and got this last night.

Thank You
Your reservation is confirmed

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. North American deliveries will be first, followed by Europe, Asia and Pacific countries then countries with right-hand drive configurations. Those who own Model S or Model X cars will be offered priority production slots as a special thanks for supporting the Tesla mission.

I have my RN but looks like it could be a while :)

Obi Wan | 2 april 2016

1. I can't see the Canadian dollar going lower than it is now, so the longer my wait, the better chance that our dollar will rebound making my $45 000 closer to $35 000. 2. My second car, an ICE, is still running, and if I need a short-term lease till my Model III is available, it'll be ok. 3. It gives me more time, to save some extra cash, so I can afford the perks that will be possible...eg... Elon said all Model IIIs would have the safe and auto hardware features...he didn't say all cars would be able to use the features without paying more for their access.... and so on...

obryan20 | 3 april 2016

I'm hoping the same as you re: your number 1 @scout. Otherwise, if the dollar goes the other direction, it might become a bit of a stretch :/

wlrovin | 3 april 2016

The information I have seen says that priority will be given to Model S and X owners. Why would Roadsters not have priority? I feel snubbed. Without us there would be no Tesla and possibly no SpaceX either. I have received nothing on my Tesla page, but I did get an email acknowledgment.

Zakynthos | 3 april 2016

I'd love to know where Darryl is getting his information about an RSN.

kenneth.raub | 4 april 2016

Per the Tesla Store Coordinator in Kansas City, "The RN isn’t confidential but there is hardly anything interesting one can gather from it. It’s merely a random identifier linking to your reservation. For that reason, I see to no reason to share it."

smithco1800 | 4 april 2016

Does anyone know who Darryl is? He stated in this forum's first post above
"The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. It may be a while before you see your Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others"
I'm curious...RSN...Is this how Tesla handled the orders for the S and X? Will we know (eventually) where we stand in priority to the initial 200,000 and the $7,500 tax credit? Thanks.

Pages