Forums

HOW DO I DECIPHER THE RN NUMBER?

HOW DO I DECIPHER THE RN NUMBER?

How do I determine what my place in line is with the number? Keeping in mind of course that location and previous purchasers jump ahead. Just want to know what my number in line was. Thanks

sbeggs | 1 april 2016

You can't, it is random to confuse us all!

solard532 | 1 april 2016

Are we getting a separate email with RN? I just received the email with the RA pdf.. I was approx #50 at Fremont.

warren_tran | 1 april 2016

Would be great to know. How are other telsa model reservation process work for figuring out the actual queue order from RN number. I'm anxious about if I will make it for the $7.5k tax credit

lph | 1 april 2016

To find your RN number click "MY TESLA" on the top right corner of the screen.

sungenix | 1 april 2016

thx yes but the thing is you need to make sure that the email address you used when you reserved the car yesterday is the same one you are using for the forum. Mine was not, but now it is.

If your email adress at reservation is diff than your forum email address do this:
1. Log out of the forum/mytesla
2. Go to login page and click on forgot password.
3. Type in the email address you used for the reservation
4. Check your email, reset password, then sign on using your reservation email address.
5. You now can see your RN =)

sungenix | 1 april 2016

thx yes but the thing is you need to make sure that the email address you used when you reserved the car yesterday is the same one you are using for the forum. Mine was not, but now it is.

If your email adress at reservation is diff than your forum email address do this:
1. Log out of the forum/mytesla
2. Go to login page and click on forgot password.
3. Type in the email address you used for the reservation
4. Check your email, reset password, then sign on using your reservation email address.
5. You now can see your RN =)

HenryT2 | 2 april 2016

I got 2 reservations. One is supposed to be priority. The two numbers are: RN1073***** and RN1082*****. About 100,000 apart. I got my deposits in at around noon PST so I don't think either would be 100,000th in line. So they MAY be random.

Sevenfeet | 2 april 2016

Doubtful that they are random. It's a 9 digit number and we all know there are only 6 necessary digits for the numbers reserved right now (over 232k at last tweet from Tesla). It may be that the first six numbers are your true place in line and the last three digits stand for something else.

Anemometer | 2 april 2016

As someone working in IT I can tell you the reservation number probably doesn't mean anything. It's just a unique number. What will provide your order position is a) if you previously ordered a S X etc then you get sorted to the top of the list b) your location will you get sorted in to the top of the next group, without going on. They have some other system other than the reservation number to decide when to invite you to configure a car. Once you get past that and into a group that will be invited to order, they'll use the date to order you.
It's entirely possible that someone living in California and making a reservation in 1 months time, could get their order satisfied before someone living in New York, who ordered yesterday (unless they already have a Model S). If you think that's unfair think about us poor RHD folks in the UK who are unlikely to see a car till 2019!

hsadler | 2 april 2016

Let's just say the RN # is used to input Tesla's computers that brings up your file and therein is all the info - including your 'place in line'.

sungenix | 2 april 2016

I don't think you can find out the exact order but there might be a way to predict a rough order.
I waited in line (#50 in Fremont and reserved at approx 10:15AM PST) and have RN1074
My wife reserved online right after reveal and has RN1087

@HenryT2 with RN1073 I'm wondering which location you were at, what number you were in line, and approx what time you made the reservation?

warren_tran | 2 april 2016

I have RN1073. I reserved mine online after the reveal. Located in west coast, USA

Chunky Jr. | 2 april 2016

If I were Tesla, I would definitely randomize the reservation number because they know people will come on the forum and post their numbers. If the numbers don't mean anything, other than a way to uniquely identify you, then they can thwart that plan and keep their reservation count confidential.

starke49 | 2 april 2016

They maybe coded as I put deposit for two on west coast at 12:15 PM after waiting in line in Dublin the numbers are not even similar after the first 3 digits which ARE sequential.

eddiemoy | 2 april 2016

they are random, i order two and they both start with 108 and last 5 digits are 500k apart! that is why the tracking site will not work. lol

raleel | 2 april 2016

I would not be at all surprised that multiple reservations only got one place in line, and they picked an arbitrary number for the second reservation. Ensures everyone gets one before people get two.

RN1077, western US, about 7:35pm, March 31.

Obi Wan | 2 april 2016

I reserved before the unveil and have numbers a bit higher than you guys of RN1077 and RN1073. Ontario, CANADA

garsh | 2 april 2016

Reserved in Eastern time zone, ~10:08am. I ended up with RN1070.

nikola.matjasic | 2 april 2016

I also reserved in eastern time zone, ~10:15am - March 31. I also have RN1070. Toronto, ON

redacted | 2 april 2016

My RN is in the hundred million range. I shoulda got my wife to head to the store earlier.

I think like many others have stated its most likely random. I believe this is to thwart people from benefiting in selling their place in line, as I already have seen a reservation for a model x being offered on Kijiji

^ for $25k

diegoPasadena | 2 april 2016

Pasadena - 22 minutes after reservations opened - and both my reservations start with 1089. I think the numbers might have some regional and sequential encoding, but I'm quite confident they don't reflect the prioritized reservation sequence.

HenryT2 | 2 april 2016

My numbers RN1073***** and RN1082***** were issued to me in LV, NV at around 11:45am. One is supposed to be priority and the other 'ordinary'.