Forums

Will they ever give rear seat storage?

Will they ever give rear seat storage?

will they ever give us easy to use rear seat storage? this seems like a no-brainer and every car pretty much has it stock. Flip down-- rear seat arm rest and cup holder. not something that takes up space and isn't movable....with this refresh i was hoping to get that better...but i guess not...

J.T. | 12 april 2016

Ever is a long time so I'll say yes.

TaoJones | 12 april 2016

There's a lot of stuff under that rear seat. Not much room in it for storage.

Er...

SeattleSid | 12 april 2016

This thread caused me to look at the accessories and I'm surprised to note that they must have stopped making the rear seat console. Too bad. I really like mine.

GHammer | 12 april 2016

"This thread caused me to look at the accessories and I'm surprised to note that they must have stopped making the rear seat console. Too bad. I really like mine."

It was there last night, now gone but the new HPWC is there instead.

SoCal Buzz | 12 april 2016

It's still there @seattle, and I agree it's a very nice product... except for the flimsy spring / hinge which has broken twice on mine.

http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-rear-co...

Jp12687 | 12 april 2016

@tao it should be in the fold down section of the seat like every other car...

SeattleSid | 13 april 2016

By golly, it IS there! Don't know how I missed it.

J.T. | 13 april 2016

it should be in the fold down section of the seat like every other car...

And where's the 17: display in every other car?

jordanrichard | 13 april 2016

Have you ever sat in the middle back seat, with the stowed armrest lump pressing into your back.

Also as J.T. is hinting to, you can nit pick all the things that "should" be in the car because everyone else has it, but that really won't get you anywhere here. Did you know that the $1.5 Million Veyron doesn't even have a nav system.

Just to add to J.T. short list. where is the ability to refuel every other car at home....? Every Tesla can.

damonmath | 13 april 2016

@jordanrichard +1 Those lump rests are horrible for your back.

All cars can hold gallons of gasoline too, but....

aarnold | 13 april 2016

Seriously...I don't think is asking much to add a flip down armrest/ cup holder thing-a-mabob. You are telling me that they can make a car run on electrons, but they cannot add a back seat compartment? I don't get it. I am with the OP all the way !!!!!

Haggy | 13 april 2016

My car has lots or rear seat storage. I can store three full sized people.

Haggy | 13 april 2016

My car has lots or rear seat storage. I can store three full sized people.

jordanrichard | 13 april 2016

aarnold, what was the last car you rode in a car, that had a comfortable center rear seat, that had a flip down armrest?

The things that we or rather most of us are pointing out is the faulty logic that because other cars have x, y, z that the MS should have to.

Cupholders? agreed.

Jp12687 | 18 april 2016

Just cause tesla has things other cars don't...doesn't give it a free pass on basic car "luxuries" such as storage or a place to put my drink in the back seat

SbMD | 18 april 2016

@JP12687 - Please define "basic car luxuries"... Because no one in the auto industry has done so. Have yet to see this in a cross section of past and current automobiles.

This is not a point made to "flame" but rather to point out that there is no such concept. I have no use for rear seat storage. Hence, they have met my basic car luxury checklist.

T90KWH | 18 april 2016

I guess it must be an American thing but really, most of the rest of the world has much less interest in cup holders than seems to be prevalent on this forum. I have had a wide variety of cars (none US designed) over the last forty odd years, and I don't think that any of them had more than two cup holders - both in the front. Who wants passengers with cups? Maybe it is connected with the 'drive-in / take-out' catering so popular, as I understand it, Stateside?

danielpf | 18 april 2016

Drinking and eating all the time is probably a civilisation disease. At my grand-mother time it wasn't so, people looked slimmer.

keolson | 18 april 2016

In your grandmother's time people were slimmer because they had to run from dinosaurs.

UnshodBob | 19 april 2016

@l.marks - I was shopping at a grocery store recently and noticed that the shopping cart had a cup holder built in. This is in Southern California.