Forums

What Kind of Contributor Is SMinnihan?

What Kind of Contributor Is SMinnihan?

A. A Troll
B. Not a Troll

Feel free to submit examples to support your answer.

https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/what-kind-company-tesla-motors

Captain_Zap | 17 mei 2016

The majority of the really inflammatory examples are gone because they were flagged into oblivion.
No pun intended.

Nexxus | 17 mei 2016

He's not a contributor at all. Just a stock shorter trying to make money.

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

I'd concur with @Go_Peddle's assessment. Not an owner, just a troll.

Drdpharris | 17 mei 2016

While I am loathe to label people, I have noticed that all hus posts seem to be aimed at riling up this group.

From Wikipedia:
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,often for their own amusement."

Drdpharris | 17 mei 2016

Hus = his.

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

He is most likely Steve Minnihan, who used to be with Johnson and Johnson, and since then he has been working at Lux Research in Boston. He covers this and other related energy companies/topics.

Why do I think this? Because of his handle, what he writes here and the work seen of his available from Lux are similar.

Could I be wrong? Sure. But it doesn't change the fact that it is clear that @SMinnihan is not an owner and spreads FUD with an underlying agenda.

SamO | 17 mei 2016

Shit for brains troll

renwo S alset | 17 mei 2016

Low-life, pig fucker messing with my stock value.

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

@renwo - But tell us how you REALLY feel. :-)

-Gman- | 17 mei 2016

Creating a thread to invite the bashing of a specific user seems very bad form, regardless of how certain you are of his motives.
The place to challenge him is where he posts.

I love bad form.

Galve2000 | 17 mei 2016

But it is nice that forum members give each other a heads up. I will say this guy is kind of hard to miss, but since many of us read many EV related fora, it is good to point out that a troll has arrived and it is best to ignore/flag these posts.

SamO | 17 mei 2016

Trolling is asymmetrical warfare. Identifying trolls by name is the nuclear option.

PBEndo | 17 mei 2016

@-Gman-
I didn't invite bashing, I invited opinions. I even gave simple choices (A or B) and encouraged supplying evidence for the opinions.

Turns out, all of the opinions are negative.

TeslaTap.com | 17 mei 2016

I've never seen a positive post by SMinnihan, and if there is any slight negative post, he adds to it with FUD and extreme negativity. Now I have no problem with a differing opinion, but it's clear he has an agenda against Tesla and appears not to be an owner.

Examples:
Started the Takata Airbag Recall thread and asks
SMinnihan "How is Tesla dealing with their impacted cars? How many were impacted?"

Impacted? Right now all Takata recalls are being handled by the US government, and vehicles (any make) less than 6 years old have no immediate issue. Only older vehicles are at risk, so the Government has a few years yet to worry about Tesla's cars. I'm sure he knows all of this.

On the wildly mislabeled Tesla cheating thread:
SMinnihan "Speaking of cheating, did anyone see the news that Tesla has hired a third party used illegal foreign $5 an hour workers to build Tesla factory? Given all the U.S. tax payer subsidies, I would think ensuring those factory jobs go to U.S. Citizens would have been a priority. I'm sure the "logs"will show Tesla somehow has plausible deniability, but not cool Elon."

So much FUD. Tesla didn't hire them, the sub-subcontractor hired the short term workers and may have paid them as little as $5/hr but maybe more. There are no US subsidies to Tesla (They did have a loan that was paid back in full with interest). I expect Tesla employees in the USA are 99% citizens, as much if not more than most manufacturing companies. And about the actual thread (since most of the stuff SMinnihan brings up has nothing to do with the thread or posts about the thread - The logs shows Tesla may be in the right. Of course he blames Tesla and Elon for everything in the most inflammatory way.

Too bad we lost the ability to ban individual posts - he does not contribute anything to the forum.

Captain_Zap | 17 mei 2016

SMinnihan has tried to promote hydrogen cars on the forums.
He didn't have much luck.

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

allowed him to get to you, you did.

-Yoda

SCCRENDO | 17 mei 2016

This is a non-moderated forum and pretty much anyone can post here. many of us old timers feel a responsibility to prevent incessant harmful trolling and the spreading of incorrect info. Sminnihan has a long track record here of trolling and it is important to point this out to newbies. Thnaks PBENDO

T90KWH | 17 mei 2016

A

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

Also, not surprisingly, he's a clown...

http://www.eshcircusarts.com/?page=bios

NKYTA | 17 mei 2016

Oh my!

LOL

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

From the site:

"Steve has a bachelor's degree in Material Science Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, and he loves examining and explaining the math and science behind circus rigging. When he's not in the studio, Steve is a Massage Therapist, a cat owner, and an avid stand-up and improv comedy fan."

Well, this explains a lot...

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

Which explains why he hangs out here with a bunch of cut-ups--for the humor:)

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

Market research for renewable circus transport is the next Minnihan project: "Less carbon, bigger top"

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

I wonder if he provides happy endings?

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

While wearing a clown costume, perhaps?

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

Crazy Joe Davola comes to mind.

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

Or Eric the Clown

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

@Big and @Sb:
Thanks for that visual. Not.

JayInJapan | 17 mei 2016

I asked him on another thread if he and/or his clients are short TSLA stock. No answer yet. If he is, it would explain his stance when he posts.

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

hmmmmmm

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

Makes you wonder if @SMinnihan is a trolling clown or a clowning troll (maybe a better visual, eh?)

@Jay - that would be interesting to know, and I imagine the client conversation would go like this:
"I have some key information that is actionable."
"Is this anything that the SEC would frown on?"
"No, nothing that isn't publicly available".
"Where did you get it?"
"I have been stirring up FUD on the Tesla Forum. I think you'll find my methods are going to be effective in helping your short position"
"What are you, some sort of clown?"
"Well, yes I am... and a Massage Therapist who likes cats. How did you know?"

SMinnihan | 17 mei 2016

Love it. The shout out is much appreciated. To give you a few hints....sminnihan lives in a small apartment, takes the train to work everyday and pays his taxes. In other words, he has an incredibly some small carbon footprint and helps foot the bill for your 5,000 pound monstrosities that go 0 to 60 in a short period of time. He believes anyone who can afford a ~$100,000 car should not be subsidized by the U.S. tax payer to buy one. He believes that it is abhorrent that Elon Musk and his supporters help get Obama elected to support pro-tesla tax policy and even go as far as to get Obama to give a commercial plug for Tesla during Obama's state of the Union Address (yes, that actually happened). He believes global warming is real and your Tesla incrementally better from an environmental perspective than a GM suburban, though not as much BMW i3 and certainly not as much as public transportation). He believes Elon musk is genious in exploiting 1) global warming fears 2) wall streets greed to make money out of absurd analyst predictions (see Adam Jonas and his Morgan Stanley Tesla underwriting fees), 3) political donations (see Obama/Musk) and 4) US taxpayer subsidies.

Let's face it, Elon's vision of combining 1) fear of global warming, 2) upgrading 100+ year old dormant electric vehicle technology, 3) Wall Street greed, 4) taxpayer subsidy and 5) political favor to create $10 billion fortune (on margin loan no less) is pure genius. All that said, Tesla has about 200 days of cash burn left, so unless the fervent religious believers rally pony up, things could get bumpy.

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

@SMinnihan - Well, that is most illuminating and not surprising. Peddle your FUD elsewhere.

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

@SMinnihan

I don't get why you act like you do?

is it envy?

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

Has acquired a taste for sour grapes

JayInJapan | 17 mei 2016

I've no idea where to begin, so I'll just pass. People with agendas are gonna believe what they want. Long live truthiness.

JayInJapan | 17 mei 2016

So sorry.
A.

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

I think this is the perfect depiction of sminnihan

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

I think this is the perfect depiction of sminnihan (didn't realize gifs were not acceptable)

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

He lost me with the Fox News talk about Obama. Then again, that explains a lot about him. He does sound like he's suffering a bit of vehicle envy.

GHammer | 17 mei 2016

"In politics, and in life, ignorance is not a virtue." This is a primary reason that President Obama is the worst president in U.S. history! -Donald Trump's

Oh, sminihan is a Trump supporter.

Mike83 | 17 mei 2016

Troll and a boring one at that. .

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

Let's make a note of Clowntradamus' prediction that Tesla runs out of cash in 200 days.
If you're not too embarrassed by that or President-elect Clinton, he should come on back and see us then so we can talk about how well he did.

rxlawdude | 17 mei 2016

Er, "you're" -> "he's"

Bighorn | 17 mei 2016

Clearly his mancrush on Elon was rebuffed--they have so much in common, on paper...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xh1PwYL7cU

SbMD | 17 mei 2016

He is biased towards fuel cells and companies in that space, among others, and especially highlighted in his quip "upgrading 100+ year old dormant electric vehicle technology".

Must be especially difficult to make research in this space your living, find that you have made predictions and insights that were wrong, and that your assessments are inferior to a bunch of random people on a Forum.

It is the embodiment of sour grapes.

Bluesday Afternoon | 17 mei 2016

@SMinnihan

"To give you a few hints....sminnihan lives in a small apartment, takes the train to work everyday and pays his taxes. In other words, he has an incredibly..."

Well that explains it! You clearly struggle with living in your own skin. Come on, take responsibility for your views and bring life to this entity you describe as SMinnihan. I'll start this rewrite and see if you can kick the hell out of "He"

"To give you a few hints....I live in a small apartment, take the train to work everyday and pay my taxes. In other words, I have an incredibly..."

Silver2K | 17 mei 2016

@SMinnihan

after reading what you wrote, I can't believe you have a bachelor's degree in anything.

if you think this thread is a shout out, you should give people the link to this thread so people can read what others think of you, you know, giving you shout outs.

I was too generous in my previous opinion. Pigs have been flaming me.

Pages