Forums

Phone directory omissions

Phone directory omissions

Most of the contacts in the directory of my iPhone transfer to the Tesla, but occasionally a contact that is on the iPhone will not be on the list in the car. Can I do anything about this? Thanks in advance for any help.

renwo S alset | 8 juli 2016

The only thing I can suggest is you might try self flagellation. The Gods might fix it for you.

hcwhy | 8 juli 2016

LOL Well, that's something I definitely didn't think of doing.

mathwhiz | 8 juli 2016

:-)

The only thing I can think of is to remove any special characters... If there are none, then, nevermind. ;-)

hcwhy | 8 juli 2016

No special characters (except maybe Renwo)

Johnn_hardy | 9 juli 2016

That's very odd. I would assume a fresh load of your contacts each time you cone within range. But you might try unpairing your phone and repairing it so that you know the contacts should be the same.

renwo S alset | 9 juli 2016

There's nobody I want to contact.

rossh | 9 juli 2016

It's happened to me twice. But after I rebooted my phone all was better.

brett.ullian | 9 juli 2016

It may just be pulling contacts that are physically on the phone instead of contacts that are syncing with the phone. Check on your iPhone under contacts groups and see if one of the groups is missing from the tesla.

rick | 10 juli 2016

Yeah, Brett is right. If you use Exchange on your iPhone it has a nasty habit of sometimes putting contacts in the wrong group. Your car will only load the default group.

hcwhy | 12 juli 2016

Thanks for the tips. I don't know what Exchange is, so I doubt I'm using it.

Xcell | 19 mei 2019

Although only choosing a certain group on my iPhone, ALL groups are synced with Tesla Contacts. How do I avoid all groups synced but only the ones I choose are synced?

EVRider | 19 mei 2019

@Xcell: I’m not familiar with choosing a group in iOS contacts, but there’s no way to configure how the app syncs contacts with the car. Why wouldn’t you want all your contacts synced?