Forums

Display size (interior) and Spec.

Display size (interior) and Spec.

I'm just wondering about the size of display panel and details.
How big and how much convenient the User Interface is.

aitalan | 13 februari 2017

No final words yet...... Some say 15", some say 17", some ?!?!?!?!

SoFlaModel3 | 14 februari 2017

When you watch the test drive videos during the unveil you can hear some drivers saying the screen itself is final though the OS is not final. That would imply a 15" screen mounted horizontally with a solution for the fact that a traditionally placed set of A/C vents needs to go somewhere else since the screen would block them.

Elon has tweeted that the horizontal screen is better for passengers to enjoy the experience as well.

It also fits with the push toward full self-driving that it's less exclusively driver focused.

All that said the interior remains the biggest mystery and we should expect to see what it looks like soon!

On the exterior (not that's you asked) the only mysteries are really ... what the final trunk looks like (Elon confirmed it will be reconfigured for a wider opening) and will the front end change at all.

andy.connor.e | 14 februari 2017

Heres a good way to look at this kind of stuff. If you dont know, and Tesla website wont tell you, then no one knows. Literally, no one.

mos6507 | 14 februari 2017

"When you watch the test drive videos during the unveil you can hear some drivers saying the screen itself is final"

Remember "pencils down"? Tesla was still tweaking the Model 3 design, probably inside more than outside, long after the reveal, up until the dramatic "pencils down" date. They did NOT work so hard on the final design tweaks just to reveal a final car that looks...

...identical to the alpha tests.

So don't take what that guy said during the reveal seriously. He majorly screwed up by saying what he said. Musk listened to all the online feedback after the reveal and made some important executive decisions.

akgolf | 14 februari 2017

@mos6507 " Musk listened to all the online feedback after the reveal and made some important executive decisions."

Unless your forum name starts with Eagles, those he chuckled at a little and then moved on.

dd.micsol | 14 februari 2017

I want 13"

dsvick | 14 februari 2017

@mos6507 - "Tesla was still tweaking the Model 3 design, probably inside more than outside, long after the reveal, up until the dramatic "pencils down" date."

It wasn't that dramatic, it was Thursday, it rained, I think I had cereal for breakfast .... :)

dsvick | 14 februari 2017

@dd - I want 13"

That's what she said.

sorry, had to ....

TASANB | 14 februari 2017

@dsvick. Did you manage a regional paper company in a past life?

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

andy.connor.e | 14 februari 2017

If Tesla declares "pencils down" and they find a major design flaw that will deter consumers from buying, do you think they will care at all about their so called "pencils down"?

Badbot | 14 februari 2017

DD offered to hit it 3 times to make her wishes add up to 13 when she said that.

Garyeop | 14 februari 2017

I just saw the new interior. It is just a pair of shades. You put them on and make the dashboard look any way you like. It comes with themes like "70's detective" where you see trash on the floor and a hula bobble on the dash. It also has Bluetooth + so you can see using all the cameras and even activate the R2D2 shock prod against people who get too close. There is a co-pilot set, but they only make the driver look better. Letters bg on them but only know the g is for goggles. Simple, but what if I sit on them?

JHB10 | 15 februari 2017

It will be a T-shaped screen, to remind you you are driving a Tesla...

mntlvr23 | 15 februari 2017

and the top T portion will continuously show a panoramic 180 degree view around the back half of the car behind the line of the driver eventually replacing the side view mirrors

andy.connor.e | 15 februari 2017

They actually replaced the interior with glass so that there are no blind spots.