Forums

Accessories/ interior

Accessories/ interior

Today Tesla posted the accessories on their website one of them was a sunshade. It says the front glass roof sunshade. So does that mean that it’s for the glass roof with the premium package? Or just the windshield in the front? That is very bad wording on there part! And also when I called Tesla to ask about it the guy wasn’t making much sense and then he said that the rear glass panel on the back is only with the premium package not standard which I thought it came with every single model 3 even without the premium package?

lilbean | 12 augustus 2017

I agree. The wording is not good. The person who does the wording for the shop needs help. It is for the glass roof. The wording for the car cover is misleading also. Thin fabric will not offer protection from door dings.

CraigW | 12 augustus 2017

Tesla people are used to Tesla terminology. So are people who currently own Teslas. This is a real problem.

Tesla currently makes sunshades for the Model S, One for the front Pano Roof and one for the rear glass roof. This does not include the windshield nor the back window.

Since the Model 3 does have 3 glass panels - windshield, driver panel, rear window (also covering the rear seat passengers) - one would be for the driver panel and one might cover the part of the rear window over the rear seat passenger. This assumes there is a second sunshade.

Now, is everyone as confused as they were when they started reading this entry. Ok then, I have succeeded in duplicating Tesla's answer.

jordanrichard | 13 augustus 2017

CraigW, what was that middle part.........? (Fish Called Wanda)

Just to elaborate on what CraigW said, we all started out being confused by Tesla's word choices, but we all adapted. "Newbies" have to understand that Tesla is run by engineers, not slick marketing reps. So their methods and terminology tend to be brief and technical.

jordanrichard | 13 augustus 2017

CraigW, what was that middle part.........? (Fish Called Wanda)

Just to elaborate on what CraigW said, we all started out being confused by Tesla's word choices, but we all adapted. "Newbies" have to understand that Tesla is run by engineers, not slick marketing reps. So their methods and terminology tend to be brief and technical.

mthomtech | 13 augustus 2017

And just in case you think that's not a good thing ... look at what happens when you have too many marketing reps and not enough top engineers ....

The Chevy Bolt