Forums

Will a cell phone reception Booster help in Streaming Pandora and X/M

Will a cell phone reception Booster help in Streaming Pandora and X/M

I decided not to order PUP in my model X . The only option I was interested in was Satellite
radio in the package. I will rely on streaming through my cell phone and was wondering if anyone else is doing this? Do you use a cell phone car antenna to help boost reception?

Tesla2018 | 21 november 2017

I stream Pandora on an aftermarket radio in a non Tesla and have never had a problem with bad reception. However I drive on I 95 in Florida most of the time and the entire area has good coverage. Doesnt most of the country have coverage by now? Only place I have trouble is in remote mountain areas around Killington in VT but even that has improved in the ladt 5 years.

Rocky_H | 22 november 2017

1. The Pandora application is not offered in the car, so cell reception has nothing to do with it.

2. XM is a satellite radio system, which doesn't rely on cellular networks, so cell reception has nothing to do with it.

TeslaTap.com | 22 november 2017

@Rocky_H - I think Propwash is considering using the cell phone's access to streaming services and connect to the car via Bluetooth, which should work fine. XM is available as a streaming service, although it seems 99% of users get it via Satellite

https://www.siriusxm.com/mobile/indexm.html.