Forums

"Manage" button changed from Red to Grey in Tesla Acct Page

"Manage" button changed from Red to Grey in Tesla Acct Page

I check my Tesla Account daily to see if I've been invited to configure my M3 yet (current Model S owner, first day reservation, California resident).

Today, I logged on, and instead of the "Manage" button being RED, its now the same grey/black color as my Model S "Manage" button.

I know this is stupid...but does that mean I'll get my configure invite soon?

dsvick | 8 december 2017

Probably not, mine has changed as well and I don't expect my invite for a month or two. And, I also don't see them spending the time and effort to go in and change someone's button color just because they are close to configuring.

Fredbob711 | 8 december 2017

I imagine there's some developer/manager at Tesla who about once a month decides to make a tiny change to the Model 3 reservation page just to mess with all of us.

I noticed this change too and got a little excited even though logically I knew it probably meant absolutely nothing.

Jaganjai | 8 december 2017

Mine is as well.. Means anything?

andy.connor.e | 8 december 2017

I can tell you're getting bored.

Bluesday Afternoon | 8 december 2017

As long as the pic of my Model 3 car is blue, I'm good. Don't be messing with my car! Now back to boredom with moments of anticipation as I continue waiting for my Very Important Number (VIN) to appear.

hsadler | 8 december 2017

Same grey change here. I think after too many refreshes, it just breaks.

RichardKJ | 8 december 2017

The Manage button for my three year old Model S changed too. I suspect they need all the red they can get for painting the Model 3s.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 8 december 2017

Will anyone be naming their car...

DESPERATE BOREDOM

or...

BORING DESPERATION ...?

License plate idea

IM BORED

Al Cantara | 8 december 2017

Well...JUST GOT MY INVITE TO CONFIGURE. So....maybe it meant something for me. But I'm good to go.

JustSaying | 8 december 2017

Mine turned grey this morning. No invite yet.
;-)

Haggy | 8 december 2017

Mine turned grey and I heard I'm getting my car soon. But I wouldn't go by the color of that button. I'd go by the color of the car. If yours still shows blue and you aren't planning to get a blue car, that's less good than if your car shows the color of choice.

Personally, I think that while it might be nice for somebody at Tesla to come up with idiosyncratic ways of indicating changes in status, such as changing button colors, it's probably not money well spent.

hsadler | 8 december 2017

Grey to Vin was a little over an hour. Coincidence ?? Maybe.

Iwantmy3 | 8 december 2017

Mine turned color as well. However, being an international customer, i doubt that means I will be seeing my car in the near future.

Glwkb8 | 8 december 2017

I'm sure a random web developer just did it just because. I'm not expected until May and mine changed too. Don't think it's any conspiracy of getting our cars any sooner unfortunately.

They do stuff like this, because they know when they do, the forum has a nuclear explosion about it. Its their entertainment while in hell.

Bluesday Afternoon | 8 december 2017

I just got my Very Important Number (VIN)..it's 2000-1. It's getting closer!

Rutrow | 8 december 2017

Oh My Gawd!!! I think Tesla has adjusted the space between letters on the legal disclosure page!!!

That's kerning. And KERNING is an anagram of "Ken Grin". I think this means that somebody named Ken has had their Model 3 delivered.

Can any Ken's confirm this?!?

b.tesla | 8 december 2017

My M3 "Manage" button also changed from red to gray. However, the "Manage" button next to my Roadster reservation has always been gray, and I know that I won't be getting that for years.

But I think you identified the probable cause when you said "current Model S owner, first day reservation, California resident"

eric.whang | 8 december 2017

It’s black and white now.

JAD | 8 december 2017

Current owner, CA, in store on 3/31, no invite. What did I do wrong???

Steam613 | 9 december 2017

I want the button to be plaid.