Forums

Awesome Tesla making early M3 delivery and Thanks Bonnie

Awesome Tesla making early M3 delivery and Thanks Bonnie

El Mirio | 13 december 2017

What a noble thing to do! Love it!

noleaf4me | 13 december 2017

Great story - loved the grin !!

M3forMe | 13 december 2017

I have tears in my eyes reading that story. Thanks Tesla! Happy Holidays to ALL.

Bluesday Afternoon | 13 december 2017

What a joyful memory for the family. Makes waiting for our Model 3’s a minor event. Great holiday story!

mntlvr23 | 13 december 2017

@Tesla +1000

TESLA CA | 13 december 2017

God bless Bonnie and the Tesla team to make his wish come true! Great story.

carlk | 13 december 2017

What a heart warming story. He will at least die a happy man but better yet wish he could live for a long time to enjoy his Model 3.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 13 december 2017

That moment when even The Grinch and Ebenezer Scrooge realize they have hearts that ache for joy and happiness in their lives.

Then Naysayers, ANALysts, $#0r+s, & [ICEHOLES] ruin the moment entirely with accusations of Tesla being self-serving for marketing purposes, declaring "It's all for PR!" or "This keeps the minions in adoration of the Tesla Cult!" or "Best advertising money still bought!" thereby proving their own hearts nonexistent.

lar_lef | 13 december 2017

I wrote a story about a man hoping to see electric car revolution before passing on. Great to see life imitating art (or vica versa), I'm sure there will be many more actual satisfactions like this one. Kudos to Bonnie and Tesla.

yaheya | 14 december 2017

Amazing indeed!!

KP in NPT | 14 december 2017

Awww that's so awesome. :)

Ross1 | 14 december 2017

@ Mntlvr: Is he on our forum?

nwfan | 14 december 2017

What a joy. Glad I support a company that will respond to instances like this.
Making a dieing man wish come through. On my 2nd Model S. No regrets,.

PeterPlt | 14 december 2017

Tesla: Doing the right things, right.

mntlvr23 | 14 december 2017

@ross - I don't believe so

Shock | 14 december 2017

Good for him. Imagine what cars he had when he started life.

ddeboy | 14 december 2017

this reminded me of a long distance neighbor-across town that was dying and all he wanted was a model S. So they ordered a p100d and it arrived 8 days before he passed. All he could do was drive it up and down their driveway but he did it about 40x and he always had a smile afterwards. He said he wanted to support the future for his grandchildren. He was such a great friend of the family. I still miss him nearly every week. Used to play pool together from time to time.

billstanton | 14 december 2017

Everything about my purchase decision is a leap of faith, and I have never, ever felt it was/would be a mistake. When I read negative stories I know are based on false information, when I hear about Elon camping out until a problem is fixed and this story most of all.

Carl Thompson | 14 december 2017

@ReD eXiLe ms us:
"Then Naysayers, ANALysts, $#0r+s, & [ICEHOLES] ruin the moment entirely with accusations of Tesla being self-serving for marketing purposes, declaring "It's all for PR!" or "This keeps the minions in adoration of the Tesla Cult!" or "Best advertising money still bought!" thereby proving their own hearts nonexistent."

Who are these people you're talking about? I haven't seen any of those things. You're pretending that other people are using this sad/nice story to attack Tesla and using that pretense to justify attacking others that don't share your point of view.

No one else here is using this mans story to further their own agenda. Please show this man's life and story a little respect and not use it as a piece in your bitter narrative.

finman100 | 14 december 2017

don't worry, Red, most us get what yer saying. If it needs to be spelled out, then...

Even with a great story like this, people who are short on Tesla WILL find a way to spin it negatively. what can I say people are a$% hats a lot of the time.

Go Elon!

@finman100:
"Even with a great story like this, people who are short on Tesla WILL find a way to spin it negatively. what can I say people are a$% hats a lot of the time."

You and ReD are using this man's sad story to attack others. Can't you just say it was nice of Tesla to do this and leave it at that? Do you really need to use _this_ story as a club with which to beat people?

finman100 | 14 december 2017

yeah, that's what I'm doing. good grief.

It may not be likely but I for one hope this man gets to enjoy his car for a long, long time. And if my car was delayed so he could get it early I have absolutely zero problem with that.

TeslaTap.com | 14 december 2017

Always nice to hear of a heartfelt story like this! Thanks Mike for sharing.

TabascoGuy | 15 december 2017

@Carl Thompson "Who are these people you're talking about? I haven't seen any of those things."

Did you read the comment section below the Electrek article?

SamO | 15 december 2017

Rule 1: Carl is a troll

Rule 2: please see rule 1

El Mirio | 15 december 2017

Rule 3: check out what SamO says

SamO | 15 december 2017

¯\_(ツ)_/

:o)

always wondered about that "emoji" is that based on the pic young elon standing by his roadster, or was elon imitating that emoji? its a real question!

Carl Thompson | 15 december 2017

I guess I should have known it would be a matter of time before people used even this thread for their own silly agendas. I guess a little human decency and respect for a thread like this is too much to ask from @SamO, @El Mirio, @finman100 and @ReD eXiLe ms us. Par for the course for them.

@Carl this guy is still alive, first of all, second it is obvious he wants to enjoy life! No one made fun of him but cheered the situation. What is wrong with you?

finman100 | 15 december 2017

hmmm, lumped into the smart group. thanks!