Forums

$7500 tax credit apparently survives

$7500 tax credit apparently survives

From Car and Driver, 40 minutes ago:

$7500 federal tax credit awarded to buyers of new electric cars—a major incentive that plays an important role in making EVs price competitive with gasoline-powered vehicles—appears to have survived in the final version of the Republican tax bill now working its way through Congress. The tax legislation axes many popular credits and deductions, as it seeks to at least partly offset slashes to corporate and other tax rates, and the $7500 EV tax credit had been among the cuts in the version of the bill passed by the House of Representatives. The Senate bill, however, maintained the EV tax credit, and Bloomberg is reporting that in the compromise legislation the credit is maintained.

Bluesday Afternoon | 15 december 2017

I’ve also heard the solar tax credit is still retained. Tesla is in the process of installing my new solar and PowerWall 2 system but will not be completed before the end of the year.

ebmcs03 | 15 december 2017

Oh I hope that is true!!!! As a 3/31 reservation holder, non-owner. I feel like i have a chance at this $7,500. So I really wanted it to survive!

ebmcs03 | 15 december 2017

Best news I heard today. Or this week! Thanks for the link! I hope it’s true. That’s what I’m asking Santa for. My $7,500 rebate haha

vp09 | 15 december 2017

Great news.
I do not need any federal tax credit to survive, but it is good news to hear this.
I have 2 Model 3s on order, and would buy them with or without the government suck tit.
Hurrah to Elon for going it without government help.
Have planned on a Model 3 since it was the Blue Star.
Sorry I did not help Tesla back when the Model S was on the drawing board.
Vern

Carl Thompson | 16 december 2017

@vp09:
"Hurrah to Elon for going it without government help."

I'm not sure which Elon you're talking about because you can't be talking about the Tesla, SpaceX and SolarCity guy! All of them have benefited from _lots_ of government help.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 16 december 2017

That would be 'lots less government help' than General Motors and HUMMER...

rgrant | 16 december 2017

What they giveth they surely taketh away x2...