Forums

What color did everyone get or plan on getting?

What color did everyone get or plan on getting?

Still need to confirm my second order. Am on the fence on color. Curious what everyone who's placed an order is chose or those what color those with reservations are planning on? Clearly I like to be different! LOL, so maybe I'll pick the one that's least popular to be unique. :-)

Thanks

Model_D | 17 december 2017

Flagged!

I mean one of the colors of the flag. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

SCCRENDO | 17 december 2017

@Morel_D. Why are you flagging it.OP is asking a good question. I am also trying to decide between silver and blue

It was a joke. The answer to your question might be in the configuration thread.

Bluesday Afternoon | 17 december 2017

It’s in the Configuration thread by burdogg and PhillyGal. Go to the Tabulated Data section. Red, Blue and Midnight Silver are tied at 21% each.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17XHQahHGwBjWgDFpJSSx3UOPZB8X4UUS...

vp09 | 17 december 2017

Both 3s will be Pearl White.

Garyeop | 17 december 2017

Black. Getting a June bug green wrap. Only question is if I color the aero wheels.

Coastal Cruiser. | 17 december 2017

I want white, but if my car is delivered by Christmas I'm going to have Earl Scheib spray paint it green with red stripes.

2015P90DI | 17 december 2017

Just watched the YouTube video from the delivery center. Couldn't see every car, but got an idea of the most popular colors. To my surprise, Blue seems to be the most common, at least of the many cars shown. I counted around 40 Blue. Gray around 30. White 25, Black and Red at 17 each and silver at 14. Just based on what is visible of the cars Tesla has built and stored in the Fremont delivery lot. Certainly not an absolute number as you can't see all the cars that are there in the video.

dgstan | 17 december 2017

I was set on getting white, until I saw one today (going north on the 280 this afternoon). It didn't look so good. So, I'm not sure anymore. Blue/white/gray. I've got 3 months to figure it out.

sbeggs | 18 december 2017

simply red.

gar1116 | 18 december 2017

@Model_D I laughed.
I'm going with silver (I think.. This week anyway)

Bluesday Afternoon | 18 december 2017

@sbeggs

;-) ++*

* Bluesday Afternoon applauds!

giskard | 18 december 2017

I am 95% sure mine will be silver. However, I may look at wrapping or dipping it to get a brighter, more vibrant color. Either that or get a seat upgrade from TSportline. Their first custom Model 3 has some really nice blue seats and it brings back fond memories of my first non-GM car (a silver convertible with blue interior and top). Decisions, decisions, though unfortunately I have several months best case scenario before I'll have to choose for reals ...

eeb9 | 18 december 2017

I’m back and forth. I’ve thought of getting a wrap, and black would be the best option there.

But realistically? This is *me* we’re talking about. I wash my cars maybe twice a year, or by driving in the rain, or when I take them in for service and the shop takes pity on me.

So more and more, i’m Looking at Midnight Silver - it’s one of those colors that looks good even when dirty. Likewise the 18” rims with covers removed - that gray nicely hides brake dust and road grime.

So... there’s my answer. I’ll be the one in the dirty gray Model 3 pointedly ignoring posted speed limits and looking desperately for a charger somewhere near the VLA in New Mexico

2015P90DI | 18 december 2017

@eeb9 - LOVE the reply!! LOL

Daryl | 18 december 2017

@eeb9
"But realistically? This is *me* we’re talking about. I wash my cars maybe twice a year, or by driving in the rain, or when I take them in for service and the shop takes pity on me."

Sounds like me! But at least in Arizona our dust/dirt is light colored and I think would show on the Midnight Silver. I think I'm going with Silver. I have a Silver car now (a Volt), and it seems to tolerate my lack of care pretty well, appearance-wise.

My wife has had a dark blue and a dark red car in the past, and she needed to wash them often to keep them respectable. And black is right out.

Daryl | 18 december 2017

Oh, and by the way, Silver seems to be the least popular, from the spreadsheet. So I'll be a little more unique, maybe...

tripplett | 18 december 2017

@eeb9 has my mindset too although with a pretty new Tesla I’ll have a reason to wash it. I thought the Midnight Silver Metallic wouldn’t be so popular. As such I may lean towards blue now. I’ve been watching cars around town - and specifically what ones stand out and what ones blend in (surrounding or road). The blacks grays and midnight silvers tend to get lost and may not be seen as fast as the other colors. More accident porone? Dunno. I’m holding my final vote till I see them in person but so far msm and blue are options for me. My delivery date is June 2018 so I should be able to see them in person before then.

mark.ritter | 18 december 2017

Got mine in Pearl White. It rocks especially with the wheel covers.

eeb9 | 18 december 2017

The Collective Wisdom of the Forum tells me that i’ll Have to wash my Model 3 at least once. After that, however, all I need do is lean close and whisper “soon”...

Ross1 | 19 december 2017

Dec 31 coming up. Must wash my car or I will spoil my average.

Ross1 | 19 december 2017

Wash it once a year if it needs it or not.

Marino Model 3 | 19 december 2017

Mine will be Pearl White or Dark Blue

AJPHL | 19 december 2017

Keep changing my mind. Currently leaning toward black + a wrap, or red, though I like the Midnight Silver + uncovered Aeros combo too. Once I see some in person I'll be able to firm up my choice.

nadurse | 19 december 2017

whats the default/free option, black i think? Yeah I'll get that one.

nutts1 | 19 december 2017

Are the model 3 colors identical to the ones on the new Model S & X?

Haggy | 19 december 2017

The color palates are the same, except that the Model 3 has no Obsidian Black Metallic option. Ironically you can't pay for black even if you want to. I can't see Tesla giving colors identical names but making them different from one car to another.

Carl Thompson | 19 december 2017

Thought about a wrap but even if I find one I like for just $3,500 and even if it lasts 3 years then that's $100 / month I'm paying just for the color pretty much forever. That's too much.

So it'll be regular paint for me. Blue, red or silver.

Glwkb8 | 19 december 2017

I plan on getting Pearl White as of now, but I hope I can see some colors in person before I choose anything. I will most likely get a chrome delete wrap in black and get black TSportline wheels to have the storm trooper look. :) Also tinted windows.

shank15217 | 19 december 2017

Much more difficult question.. what black? Metallic or Plain????

Carl Thompson | 19 december 2017

@shank15217:
"Much more difficult question.. what black? Metallic or Plain????"

There is no metallic black for the Model 3. Just plain old gloss black.

Lonestar10_1999 | 19 december 2017

Basic black for me and maybe get tinted windows.

edroot | 19 december 2017

I’m loving the White with chrome delete and black satin wheels that OCDetailing did.