Forums

Unreasonably long hold times on Tesla support line?

Unreasonably long hold times on Tesla support line?

Have I just gotten lucky or are the hold times on Tesla ridicously long? I called them four times only to finally hang up 10-20 minutes. I was at a supercharging station yesterday and was unable to get charged and waited over 20m before I finally gave up.

I called them again this morning and finally go through after 10+ minutes but it seems odd that this service is so backed up without even an option for a call back or a status of the expected hold time.

T35LA | 25 december 2017

You are lucky guy ☺. I was waiting for more than 30 min to get someone of my internet provider on phone .

schwachs | 25 december 2017

Yeah but I expect that from an ISP - not from Tesla. Are my expectations too high?

EVRider | 26 december 2017

Which country?

jajabor | 26 december 2017

Long wait time and rude customer service reps are ruining Elon's name. Surprisingly Tesla doesn't care about its horrible customer service. I was driving to SF from LA with my family. I was @ Tejon Ranch SC. It was taking 4+ hrs to charge. Called tech support. After a long wait on the phone finally I had Christina on the line. When I told her about the problem she said, “well, you’ll just have to wait”. This is totally unacceptable.

sp_tesla | 26 december 2017

jajabor | December 26, 2017
Long wait time and rude customer service reps are ruining Elon's name."

Natural for employees trying to earn a living response due to high stress.

naokoreeves | 7 augustus 2018

Well, I'm a big fan of Elmon Mask too but you know what Jeff Bezos would do. He will sense this type of issue and have his person in charge of Customer Support to fix the problem immediately.
My wait time is now 54 minutes.... I 'm gonna just keep it and see if it ever get picked up.

Should_I | 7 augustus 2018

Recently I had 2 20 minute and one 30minute and gave up and several unreturned voice mails. Technician that eventually showed up was great.

jlhm | 6 september 2018

48 minutes wait so far, it’s very bad. Another issue is that customer service never follow up as promise so you need to contact them again and again. This is what will kill Tesla over time.

h_julius_franco | 17 september 2018

about an hour wait for billing then when customer service finally answered, they out me on to connect me to billing, i needed to go back to work so i hung up. Could this be so we don't question odd items of our bills?

wmyers | 17 september 2018

Call during normal business hours and they're quick. Nights or weekends its forever.

johnrowell | 17 september 2018

Hold time is over an hour today! Over an HOUR! That's absolutely ridiculous, especially from a company that has (until now) consistently delivered top-notch service. Elon, it has gotten out of hand and it's time to do something about this. Hire more people in the call center, or something!

PrescottRichard | 17 september 2018

I’m still waiting to get my car added to my account, bought it used from a 3rd party (used car dealer). Sent in my info on two different emails.

In the mean time I want to use the PIN to drive feature but not having my account set up makes me a bit nervous about it right now!

Still, when I got through to the support people both times they were very helpful. I suspect the model 3 intro has them overwhelmed.

SCCRENDO | 17 september 2018

I have been waiting 56 mins so far. They did say it would be greater that 40 mins at 7:45 Pacific. So they are correct.

NOLEK SUM | 19 september 2018

Companies That actually care about customer service have an auto call back option:leave your name and number and you keep your place in the queue and they call you back. Even the California DMV does this

hcwhy | 19 september 2018

Last few times I've called I gotten right through....the agents were friendly and helpful.

I've....not I

I've....not I

I've....not I

jordanrichard | 20 september 2018

Perhaps what you are calling customer service for can be answered by existing owners here. Would you rather Tesla farm out their customer service call centers to the Philippines or India like a lot of companies, where they have a hard time understanding what you are saying an vise versa.

Do you think Ford or Chevy's customer service over the phone is better? Call Ford right now. Not the local dealer, but Ford corporate. Explain your issue and let us know what they tell you.

NOLEK SUM | 20 september 2018

Tesla CS is now as bad as any I have ever experienced. The only time you don't have a long hold is if you are buying car.

They are badly stretched for cash and can't afford to hire more support staff. Why else would a company treat its customers this way?

Tesla-David | 20 september 2018

I had to call Tesla service yesterday and had to wait only 5 minutes to talk to someone. They are totally slammed right now, and the rep told me as much. Please try and be patient, while Tesla works to accommodate the huge demand, and the M3 ramp. My experience is that Tesla works very hard to accommodate every issue I have raised over last 5+ years on my 2 MS's, and now our M3. I couldn't be happier. Too much negative reporting by FUDsters.

Too much bad experience by owners!

Success needs no explanation and failure has none.

"Please try and be patient, while Tesla works to accommodate the huge demand, and the M3 ramp."

Hog wash. That is like a restaurant blaming lousy service on the fact that "we're really busy right now." Isn't that the idea? Is the huge demand and ramp up for the M3 some sort of a surprise? I mean did they have no preorders at all?

There are no excuses here. Success need to exclamation and failure has none.

Mike83 | 20 september 2018

Complainers are posting with questionable motives as usual. I had to wait 10 minutes. They are busy but super accountable. Very rare to have to even call them since our Teslas only go in for yearly service.
Bogus complaints.
Here is one for your whiners;
https://www.kron4.com/news/california/parked-turned-off-bmw-catches-fire...

BMW is not giving the owners answers. In the meantime Tesla gets 5 Star safety rating.

Sorry. I forgot. Tesla is perfection in all regards and flawlessly faultless.

Tropopause | 20 september 2018

Nole Skum, please change your name back to Gadfly.

Tesla-David | 20 september 2018

@Tropopause +1

Nolek Sum is too perfect. In reverse it’s the fanbois’ god. The perfect forum moniker.

Now if you girls are through through your hissy fits, let’s get back to the point at hand:

"Please try and be patient, while Tesla works to accommodate the huge demand, and the M3 ramp."

Hog wash. That is like a restaurant blaming lousy service on the fact that "we're really busy right now." Isn't that the idea? Is the huge demand and ramp up for the M3 some sort of a surprise? I mean did they have no preorders at all?

There are no excuses here. Success needs no explanation and failure has none.

Now if you girls are through through your hissy fits, let’s get back to the point at hand:

There are no excuses here. Success needs no explanation and failure has none.

SCCRENDO | 20 september 2018

Perhaps you should change your name to ELOHSSA HSIDLIHC. Most of us think it would be a more appropriate moniker

appledude9 | 22 september 2018

I’ve been on hold now for an hour and 45 minutes. I think I win :/

SCCRENDO | 22 september 2018

They are definitely having service issues and it sucks. I am also on the receiving end at this time

NKYTA | 23 september 2018

I’ve said it before, so I wil say it again.

Create a personal relationship between yourself and your SvC Manager.

Sometimes that starts with eye contact and a firm handshake. It might lead to cookies or pizzas. In the end, it might lead to a friend.

I don’t bother with the phone, unless I’m on a road trip and it is something serious enough that I doubt RA can handle.

Send an email. Response is sub 24hrs.

SCCRENDO | 23 september 2018

@NYKTA. Not so much of late

NKYTA | 23 september 2018

You haven’t taken my advice?

SCCRENDO | 24 september 2018

@NKYTA. I have and have received no response. The guy in charge of the mobile service team initially offered to help and dropped the ball after 24 hours and does not return calls. My service advisor from the visit does not respond to texts I am presently working with 2 people. One from the service line who could not even get the person upfront at Costa Mesa to walk to the service department to find out how to order the SD card that I need. She escalated my concerns last week to multiple places and I have heard nothing as yet. My car was in at Costa Mesa for an SD card replacement. They kept it for 2 days and then discovered they had no cards in stock. I need a new SD card as I have not been able to receive updates for more than a month. And there were issues going back to June that the that transiently resolved. The other woman I am working with is works with engineering and has ordered an SD card for me to be delivered to Costa Mesa but has no idea on the time frame. At least these 2 people respond to my emails and are working hard on my behalf saving me hour long waits on the phone. I just received a regarding my visit 2 weeks ago and I gave them a 1 star rating and expressed my concerns. I am waiting to see if anyone reads the surveys and gets back to me. I have always been a fanboi but at this point I believe the level of communication and indeed service at Costa Mesa is totally substandard and disappointing

smathews | 17 oktober 2018

I was on hold yesterday for 95 minutes. No answer so I abandoned the call. Didn't get an answer to my issue about why my software update isn't working. Kind of important for a rolling computer to get software working.

Keshav | 22 oktober 2018

95??? I'm at 29 min right now. Wonder if I'll get an answer at all. Trying to inquire about a canceled delivery.

yamarkets2018 | 23 oktober 2018

That happened bad with you.

cblogan77 | 23 oktober 2018

Currently on hold for Tesla cs and been on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Is this the type service I can expect when i have to call for any help.

cblogan77 | 23 oktober 2018

Now I'm at 90 minutes

apsen | 26 oktober 2018

First time no wait at all. Today over 1:45...

NOLEK SUM | 26 oktober 2018

If you get all your local service center directly, with their local area code, the system goes directly to voicemail hell in California. But there is a secret code to then bypass and go directly to your local service center. I am not going to tell you what it is-ask them. Let them decide if you are worthy.

NOLEK SUM | 26 oktober 2018

Ever notice how everybody has this problem except for the Kool-Aid drinking fanbois?

GHammer | 26 oktober 2018

13 minutes today.

Atlanticustrucking | 27 oktober 2018

1 hour 30 minutes today, 25 minutes yesterday

Xerogas | 27 oktober 2018

@cblogan77: "Is this the type service I can expect when i have to call for any help."
------
Are you calling roadside assistance? Never goes past 2 rings before someone picks up for me.

sschaem | 27 oktober 2018

secret code for Tesla to pick up ? nope, been at a service center and hear the phone ring ,ring ,ring, with people next to it not picking it up.

Tesla is having serious, VERY serious customer problem. its not going to hit right away but its going to hit the fan.

With my loaner, I super charged about 3 time.. got to chit chat with a few people. everyone had horror story about their delivery and service.

Elon... stop wasting your time on tweeter talking about anime meme and crack the wip. A lot of Tesla workers are great, but I have a feeling many are ruining the company.

Elon, dont let the bad apple destroy a decade of hard work.

rxlawdude | 27 oktober 2018

"With my loaner, I super charged about 3 time.. got to chit chat with a few people. everyone had horror story about their delivery and service."

Yeah, everyone. Not.

Pages