Forums

Wind noise

Wind noise

2017 model s 100 d.
Wind noise at speeds in excess of 55 mph...anyone else experience this?

Bill_75D | 26 april 2018

Yes. Really disappointing.

SO | 26 april 2018

Do you have a glass roof? Maybe something needs to be adjusted.

Jesperj | 26 april 2018

I get lots of wind noise from the upper rear corner of the drivers side door on my late 2016 MS. If you push the insulation there out against the glass of the door it decreases substantially. I noticed on a 2018 MS loaner I had the other day that the noise was much lower. I think either they redesigned that insulation or it varies by car. I've complained to the service center but nothing has been done about it.

venkatbitla1 | 26 april 2018

I had similar issue with my model S about a year ago and showed this video link to Tesla which has helped the service centre team fix the wind rush problem on my car

https://youtu.be/9gYOYKAm_D0

EVRider | 26 april 2018

Don’t get any noticeable wind noise in my 2016 S85 (solid metal roof), even at 80+ mph.

kash8089 | 26 april 2018

I am very disappointed with Tesla build quality issues. In my 2018 MS they have not installed the windshield properly (I can see that the adhesive was not applied properly) and there is a misaligned doors which causes such wind/exterior noise issues. Unfortunately Tesla doesn’t treat such issues important and the service center will not take any action. After quite a bit of struggle I have accepted the car the way it is.

sr.smr | 27 april 2018

It may be attributed to the glass not raising tightly enough into the rubber gasket when closing the doors. In my case, when I got into the car and closed the door, the glass still could be raised about another 1/2 inch by pulling up the window close button. After the service center realigned the windows, pulling up the window close button after closing the door causes hardly any imperceptible window movement. It is actually a simple procedure for the service center to remedy.