Forums

200-mile Leaf?

200-mile Leaf?

Just a rumor.

But interesting. Notice how "200 mile range" is becoming the new normal for vaporware EVs?

Brian H | 15 januari 2015

Battle to the finish between Leaf and Bolt! Then M3 enters and wipes the blood off the floor with the survivor.

Model ☰ | 16 januari 2015

@Dramsey
Just a rumor.

No, not just a rumor. It's been confirmed by Nissan boss Ghosn, and reconfirmed in Detroit.

Red Sage ca us | 16 januari 2015

You can drive it 200 MILES!§

§ When driven downhill, in a straight line, with one occupant who weighs 135 lbs or less, during a hurricane that provides a tailwind, if you are lucky (rots-o-ruck, Raggy), or your mileage may vary.

David N | 16 januari 2015

I'll believe it when I see it.
Words like "considering" and " un named engineer", I mean c'mon. Really?

carlgo2 | 17 januari 2015

Model 3s will have to have an honest 200 mile range in order to easily make it from one Supercharger to another with a decent reserve which would in turn decrease charging times.

The competition, not having Superchargers, won't actually need that range as they have no specific requirement for it. They will simply be day use runabouts that won't need quite as many recharges as 100 mile models.

It is likely that the 3 will have a substantially bigger battery and I would guess that the idea is that they will be cheap enough in Gigafactory volume.